• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
linsivvi said:
Who are the shit talkers? Who are this "you" that you're referring to? All Lakers fans? Me personally? Everyone on NBA GAF who've ever talked shit about a player? Everyone who post on the Internet?

Looks like you have an emotional problem.

That still make them millionaires. And last time I checked, being a millionaire does not mean you have to make a million per year. NBA minimum salary is somewhere above 400K a year. Play 3 seasons in the league and you become a millionaire. Get cut before that? They can still go to Europe and make a decent salary.

My point about politicians is just an example and it can apply to pretty much every public figure. Just because they are famous and can get a better life does not mean common folks can't criticize them.

I don't mind anyone criticizing each other or any figure at all as long as its warranted criticism. I wasn't referring to that more to the point of making a generalization. I am involved in local government and some would call me a "politican" but I'm far from a millionaire. That's all. You can criticize basically anyone in the context of the NBA and it doesn't bother me. Some criticism is unfair in professional sports but its unavoidable really.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Shadow780 said:
So... let me get this straight; our 3peat is most likely about to come to an end over some relationship drama? A chance to tie the Celtics in chips. A chance to see Kobe get 6. A chance to let Phil ride out into the sunset. All potentially gone if this is true?

Is that what's happening right now?

Perfect. Beautiful. Wonderful. Great. Amazing. Fantastic. Awesome.
Fuck my fucking life.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Damien Wilkins on his 1 year ('09-10) with Minnesota Timberwolves: "It felt like an experiment." With him? "The whole thing." Science!
In case you guys ever wondered why all I do is bitch about the Wolves now.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Forceatowulf said:
So... let me get this straight; our 3peat is most likely about to come to an end over some relationship drama? A chance to tie the Celtics in chips. A chance to see Kobe get 6. A chance to let Phil ride out into the sunset. All potentially gone if this is true?

Fuck my fucking life.
Oh poor Lakers fans! What a terrible thing it must be to only experience two championships in a row. How will you guys ever recover?

SUPREME1

Banned
dIEHARD said:
So i take your not a Phil Jackson fan?

Phil's the winningest coach ever.

He can talk shit until shit talking is outlawed.

While Terry needs two headbands if he really wants to hide that hairilne.

Oh shit, I'm top 5 now!

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
marathonfool said:
I'd watch a TV show about Kahn.
Only if it's an HBO miniseries, with somebody like Jason Alexander playing Kahn. The first episode can be about how, fresh on the job, he went against the people in the organization who actually knew basketball (like Fred Hoiberg) and picked Jonny Flynn because of his game against UConn, some workouts, an interview, and his vertical leap.

I didn't make that up, by the way.

Anth0ny

Kim-Kardashian-in-a-Bikini-in-Mexico8-435x580.jpg

Kim-Kardashian-in-a-Bikini-in-Mexico11-435x580.jpg

kris humphries you mother fucker

source, more pics

Rodeo Clown said:
Only if it's an HBO miniseries, with somebody like Jason Alexander playing Kahn. The first episode can be about how, fresh on the job, he went against the people in the organization who actually knew basketball (like Fred Hoiberg) and picked Jonny Flynn because of his game against UConn, some workouts, an interview, and his vertical leap.

I didn't make that up, by the way.

You can't teach 6OTs

SUPREME1 said:
Didn't realise Barnes was constantly in the media talking.

Good to know.

Oh I thought you just meant top 5 tools in the NBA who run their mouths too much. Barnes is right there near/at the top. If you're taking media then uh... I live about a half hour from the AAC and I rarely hear of anything Terry is saying that is noteworthy. So some bitter Blazers fan doesn't like that he was giving Mavs fans a compliment, so what. Does that score higher than Barnes constant blabbing? Didn't he say late this season that he helped lay the blueprint in 07 for beating Dallas, that you just punk 'em? That's dumber than anything I have ever heard Jason Terry say. Hope he dwells on that comment as he is spending most of the night on the bench. GL to your guys :)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
reilo said:
I hear Sergio still sucks.

Injured, has been for a while. He had an alright season.

Our team is good but Maccabi is really solid and their fans are incredible, tough environment.

Duki

Banned
ph33nix said:
I just watched the Kate Upton video for the 50th time today. (Linking again for my boy Duki's new rule)

I think this just needs to be my home page for a while.
:3

for real though

first time i saw it i just kind of sat there slack jawed

replayed it 20 times

didnt even fap or nothing

it was too pure and beautiful

Duki said:
:3

for real though

first time i saw it i just kind of sat there slack jawed

replayed it 20 times

didnt even fap or nothing

it was too pure and beautiful

it's hypnotizing... when youre watching it no other girl matters

reilo

There's tension and distraction among the support group, with members of the training staff and video coordinators among the Lakers employees who have been told they could not be guaranteed employment if a lockout occurs on July 1. How is there supposed to be esprit des corps or full concentration on the task at hand when you need to start planning for your next job because the organization says you won't be around much longer?
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2011/columns/story?columnist=adande_ja&page=Lakers-110506

Sheeeit. Would Jerry Buss really be that cruel to fire all of the supporting coaching staff just because of the lockout?

I would expect Kobe to go 40 min tonight if needed. Same with Pau. Bynum and LO at 35-40.

Barnes probably up to 20 minutes, with Blake at 15-20 and Shannon at 12-18.

Not sure how Kobe or Pau will get going in the paint with no floor spacing. Sigh.

Black Mamba said:
Lamar is starting at SF tonight. And Phil continues to be outcoached by Rick Carlisle. Amazing.

This just doesn't make any sense. I thought we would see brown at the 2 and kobe sliding to the 3. So many mismatch opportunities here. Lakers laying it all on the line tonight.

reilo

numble said:
Wouldn't that be the same for all teams though? The NBA is officially not running in a lockout.
I suppose, but that's a bad precedent to set, no?

reilo said:
I suppose, but that's a bad precedent to set, no?

It was also reported by Kevin Ding (lakers beat writer) a couple weeks ago.

At least the guys won't be blindsided by it. And like mentioned, I bet it's standard right now.

Black Mamba said:
I would expect Kobe to go 40 min tonight if needed. Same with Pau. Bynum and LO at 35-40.

Barnes probably up to 20 minutes, with Blake at 15-20 and Shannon at 12-18.

Not sure how Kobe or Pau will get going in the paint with no floor spacing. Sigh.
Fuck that.

Kobe - 40+
Odom - 40
Bynum - 35-40
Fisher - 35-40
Gasoft - 35

The M.O.B

So the radio KNX 1070 says Lakers moved Kobe to SF and are starting Brown at SG, but Yahoo says Odom is playing at SF instead...............Which is it?

Blackface

Banned
Forceatowulf said:

Fuck my fucking life.

No, it's mos likely coming to an end because your players are old and becoming shit. So people try to find anything to blame it on. Such as this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom