• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vyer said:
Death by Peja. smh

Can't believe I actually feel good for the city of Dallas.

Let's just all agree to pretend that there isn't a single Mavs fan who cheers for the Cowboys. Otherwise the Kobes might start to look sympathetic again.

Still have no idea whats happening. The lakers beat them 3-1 in the regular season, dominate them in their last game by over 20 points and now they're falling apart.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
SephCast said:
I wonder how much MJ is laughing at the Lakers right now.
if Kobe took 1.5 years off now, i guarantee you he can come back and win a couple more championships.

viakado said:
lakers-age, i told you. the dynasty is over.
time to shut down kobe.

lol responses like this are killing me. Never mind the fact that he's played more games than probably anyone else in the last 4 years, messed up every finger on his shooting hand, knee surgery, etc. etc. etc. the guy was having a damn fine game until Pau came in to ruin everything, and their defense let Dallas do whatever they want.

Gigglepoo said:
Do you really think Jordan is worried about his legacy? Kobe blew his chance to catch him 7 years ago when he lost in the Finals against the Pistons. That was it, case closed, Jordan is still the GOAT.

nevermind that kobe isn't anywhere near any of Jordan's numbers other than games played :lol

Black Mamba said:
not attacking the hole. :(

It's sad Phil has to go out like this. Will he never coach in LA again!? Give him 1 more game, please.

He didn't attack the basket because Dallas was packing the paint and LA had terrible spacing on offense. Besides, Kobe isn't a great slasher anymore.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Gigglepoo said:
Do you really think Jordan is worried about his legacy? Kobe blew his chance to catch him 7 years ago when he lost in the Finals against the Pistons. That was it, case closed, Jordan is still the GOAT.

Not at all worried, more like bitter at everything and takes joy in seeing Kobe's failure.

Pkaz01 said:
I wonder how this one would have went if lakers had artest to guard peja.

That's not really the problem.

Bynum has beasted, Kobe has played normal, Bench has had it's moments. Odom has done ok.

Pau has not. He is the key to the triangle, and he's not being taken out of his game, it's like he's forgotten how to be an effective basketball player. Fuck tired. When Kobe said earlier this year that there were some people in the locker room being cool with being 2 time champions, I was really hoping it wasn't him.

Looks like I was wrong.

AirBrian

LiveFromKyoto said:
Let's just all agree to pretend that there isn't a single Mavs fan who cheers for the Cowboys. Otherwise the Kobes might start to look sympathetic again.
I love the Mavs and hate the Cowgirls. :)

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Conflict NZ said:
Still have no idea whats happening. The lakers beat them 3-1 in the regular season, dominate them in their last game by over 20 points and now they're falling apart.

Celtics held a 3-1 advantage over the Heat in the regular season. And trading Perkins is similar to Pau apparently losing his manhood.

dream

ghostofsparta said:
Did anybody else hear Dirk say "We are NOT a good enough team, we have to go out there and get it on Sunday" ?

Yup.

That's why they're up 3-0. That's why they're probably gonna sweep the Lakers. Cause they're honest with themselves and don't make up bullshit like having a mythical switch they can flip whenever they need to.

overcast

Holy shit if Lebron gets a ring this year. It will be magical to see the reactions in this thread.

gotta say, it's weird being a los angeles native and not really liking the lakers...
I really don't like the lakers and I lived in LA for the first 13 years of my life. Probably because I disliked all of the kids who were fans. Me and one of my old friends from there still argue about the lakers.

Derwind

I'll say one thing, Jackson was coaching like a beast. Like they say, when an old tiger is near its end its the most vicious....correct me if I'm wrong but I think thats how that saying goes.

Basileus777 said:
He didn't attack the basket because Dallas was packing the paint and LA had terrible spacing on offense. Besides, Kobe isn't a great slasher anymore.

he has 3 FGA at the rim in the series. Go find another 3 games in a row at any point in his career where that is true.

He still slashes enough. It's not all Dallas D. He's not even trying. Take note at how slow he is on defense, too.

scorcho said:
if Kobe took 1.5 years off now, i guarantee you he can come back and win a couple more championships.

Yeah, but does he have the will to win and fiery determination that it takes to make a minor league baseball roster?

I'm not so sure.

Gigglepoo said:
Wilt
Magic
Bird
Kareem

?????

dream said:
Yup.

That's why they're up 3-0. That's why they're probably gonna sweep the Lakers. Cause they're honest with themselves and don't make up bullshit like having a mythical switch they can flip whenever they need to.

Keep talking that shit, Dream. Your Old Timers booked the same flight to the Caribbean.

Cloudy

Banned
J2 Cool said:
Dirk's amazing. I never thought he would be at this echelon again. Loved what he said about getting it Sunday also. Massive respect.

Him and Nash have aged so well.

Just like CP3 in round 1, Dirk's series is being overblown. He is being guarded by a guy who's completely overmatched while not having to guard anyone...

Heavy post 8376 said:
I guarantee the Lakers win tonight. I don't care what anyone says; they're just NOT losing 3 in a row. Not a chance in a hell. If I had the money and means I'd put a thousand dollars on this game. There's just NO way they're losing tonight. Three in a row? Get the hell outta here. I also wouldn't be surprised if they win by double digits. If any moderators read the NBA thread, feel free to ban my account from this forum till the start of next season if the Lakers lose tonight. I'm not playin.
just sayin

thekad said:
Only one more.

Are we still going 7?

Dude, I don't give a fuck what you say anymore.

Like I said before, the haters have time on their side and they will eventually be right.

Honestly, the Lakers and Kobe occupy more of your life than mine.

I can't even remember the last time you talked about your team here.

The best part about all this is after this is all over, you will be so marginalized to such a larger degree than you already are.

I'm done feeding you and your pathetic excuse of an presence on this thread.

We all cap on each other here and it's all love for the most part but at the end of the day, we all love the game ant talk basketball here. I don't mind being snipped or jabbed over this for the most part.

Dallas-Age gets all my congrats if they win this. I haven't talked shit to them, even prior to this series.

Your posts are 100% failed trolling attempts and ADD NOTHING to this thread.

If you stopped posting tomorrow, no one would miss you.

And with that, I'm done responding to anything you post here going forward.

Cloudy said:
Just like CP3 in round 1, Dirk's series is being overblown. He is being guarded by a guy who's completely overmatched while not having to guard anyone...

this is partly true but dirk is making some incredible shots and finding the open guy so you have to give him credit, i don't care who it is against

J2 Cool

Cloudy said:

The point is, how many guys in the league can guard him? Also, Gasol/Odom aren't jokes... well, Odom's not.

Derwind

Reporter: "Coach, do you think Ron feels like he could have made a difference this game?"

Phil: "I'm sure he thinks he does, whether thats true, who know's he wasn't playing today."

Was that sarcasm by Phil?

Darkman M

overcast said:
Holy shit if Lebron gets a ring this year. It will be magical to see the reactions in this thread.

I really don't like the lakers and I lived in LA for the first 13 years of my life. Probably because I disliked all of the kids who were fans. Me and one of my old friends from there still argue about the lakers.
NBA gaf is full of bitter broads, if Bron gets his chip this year then more power to him.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Pkaz01 said:
Laker fan's probably telling themselves, it had to be the mavs right? out all the teams to lose to its the mavs?
eh, it sucks definitely. But it could have been worse.

Seeing them lose to the Heat or Celtics in the finals would have just been devastating. And as long as those two teams don't get any post-season hardware I can live with the way things have turned out.

Plus, the Lakers will be back eventually. We always come back. It's what we do.

Hoopdata Joe Treutlein
Lakers were +6 over Mavs when Bynum had his last shot. Ended up -6 10 minutes and 0 shots later.

Sigh. Bynum without a single shot the final 10 minutes. And the 1 shot he had in the 4th came off on ORebound.

Our bench doesn't use him. Lakers were up 8 for 3 possession and didn't score once. Big turning point in the game. Cloudy's boys Shannon and Barnes chucking is apparently what he wants.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
this is partly true but dirk is making some incredible shots and finding the open guy so you have to give him credit, i don't care who it is against

I don't think it's a knock on Dirk, he's played great.

Pau playing poorly helps him look better, but not really that much. It's more that, suddenly, our #2 can't play basketball.

Edit: I just did a search and found this:

Los Angeles Lakers power forward Pau Gasol is reportedly not in good terms with a teammate following his recent breakup with his longtime girlfriend, a source close to situation reported Friday.

Gasol, who’s been playing below his usual numbers in the postseason, is reportedly recovering from a ruined romance with his girlfriend and fiancé Sylvia Lopez Castro two weeks ago.

According to MediaTakeOut.com, the Spanish forward blames Kobe Bryant’s wife, Vanessa Bryant, for the breakup, prompting the two Lakers stars to engage in an intense dialogue over the matter.

Sylvia and Vanessa became close friends and Gasol believes Bryant’s wife influenced his girlfriend to end their relationship.

Sources indicated the rapport between the two stars has never been the same after the verbal tussle and it apparently compromised their overall team chemistry this postseason.

If it was posted earlier, my bad--I didn't hear anything about him blaming Kobe's wife.

...Fuck.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
ryutaro's mama said:
Dude, I don't give a fuck what you say anymore.

Like I said before, the haters have time on their side and they will eventually be right.

Honestly, the Lakers and Kobe occupy more of your life than mine.

I can't even remember the last time you talked about your team here.

The best part about all this is after this is all over, you will be so marginalized to such a larger degree than you already are.

I'm done feeding you and your pathetic excuse of an presence on this thread.

We all cap on each other here and it's all love for the most part but at the end of the day, we all love the game ant talk basketball here. I don't mind being snipped or jabbed over this for the most part.

Dallas-Age gets all my congrats if they win this. I haven't talked shit to them, even prior to this series.

Your posts are 100% failed trolling attempts and ADD NOTHING to this thread.

If you stopped posting tomorrow, no one would miss you.

And with that, I'm done responding to anything you post here going forward.

citizen_cane.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom