• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

clav

SamuraiX- said:
I know, man, but you just have to understand.

Brandy doesn't know any other way to support his team. All he does is win, man.
Is he a Phil Jackson supporter?

I honestly don't think Phil is that great of a coach as he seems to only want to coach established teams and leaves when he feels the talent is declining. He really didn't want to coach this season, and we all know why now. The Bulls first and now the Lakers.

Well, Brandy has to learn the hard way. He'll change I hope.

lazybones18 said:
tzD0e.jpg

Too bad Kobe will end up with more rings than Shaq lol

I love pics like that.

It illustrates how the goal posts are always moving.

First, it's Kobe won't win PERIOD without RP34.

Then, it's that he won't repeat.

Then, it's he won't three-peat.

And on and on.

You know what Kobe won't do like the 2 guys in the picture did?

He won't get swept in the Finals.

thekad

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
The guy got punked out of the Phoenix starting lineup by Jared fucking Dudley
relax giri, <3 Studley

Unless something biblical happens, I doubt it.

Dominant player; one of the best 100 ever. How does he not make it? Because he's old and terrible now? In that case, Kobe wouldn't make it either.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
thekad said:
He's 26. McGrady and Vince are in their 30s. Lebron's inclusion in that sentence makes no sense.

I like numbers. Personally, I think there are going to be so many numbers eclipsing Vince, he won't get in very easily. Maybe after a while, if for nothing more than the dunks. Lebron is a shoe in, even if he never wins a championship, just like most of the Hall. Lebron's averages will definitely drop a bit with age, and the team around him. Impressive totals none the less.
McGrady has no shot

Kobe (Age 32):
PTS 27868 (25.3)
AST 5154 (4.7)
REB 5829 (5.3)
FG% .454
TOs 3228 (2.9)

Lebron (Age 26):
PTS 17362 (27.7)
AST 4365 (7.0)
REB 4451 (7.1)
FG% .479
TOs 2086 (3.3)

Vince (Age 34):
PTS 20520 (22.2)
AST 3697 (4.0)
REB 4811 (5.2)
FG% .445
TOs 2047 (2.2)

dream said:
He's saving that for the second round.

Knew someone would bite.

He can join all time greats like Ginobli, Duncan and Tony Parker in accomplishing that feat.

Getting swept in the Finals is not the Semis.

That shit is the ultimate shame.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Duki said:
this video clip totally summarizes this lakers mavs playoff round imo

the girl is the mavericks

lakers are the white dudes

necklace girl is chandler

scuse the title i know a bunch of people might find it offensive i didnt make the shit
No matter how many times I see that video I always have a sudden urge to stab someone in the fucking face.

Luckily, I do most of my Internet stuff at night and no one is usually around.

thekad

Banned
Now a two-time scoring champion and perennial MVP candidate has no shot? You guys realize Vince and Tracy didn't just start playing basketball last year, right?

Well, i took a short walk to reflect. This is where I would take up cigarettes if I had them on me.

I feel bad for Pau. He worked so hard to prove the doubters wrong last season and shed his soft label, only to have it probably come right back to him after tonight. And not against Boston or something, but the Mavs. He's been such a joy to watch for almost 4 season now that it's heartbreaking to see what's going on. I definitely don't want him gone, just to figure it out.

It's also sad seeing Kobe unable to put his stamp on a game in the way has in the past. Just doesn't have it in him. Explosion in the legs are gone. The mileage has taken its toll. he's slow to rotate, to attack the rim, etc. He's becoming more of a game manager, now.

I hope LA can at least bring it home and give Phil a nice final home game. He's earned as much.

One positive out of all this is I'm more confident than ever in Drew. He has heart and grit and backs himself up. It's just unfortunate everyone else looks so tired around him.

I'd like to believe this core has one more run in them next season. If they can stay healthy, maybe add something better than Barnes and Fish. But it won't be easy. Afraid of becoming like the Spurs.

When they go out, it will be bitter to take. But I will always look fondly on this team. It was very different than the Kobe-Shaq teams and in some ways I enjoyed it more.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
thekad said:
Now a two-time scoring champion and perennial MVP candidate has no shot? You guys realize Vince and Tracy didn't just start playing basketball last year, right?
0070_pq3p.gif

So you shit on Kobe constantly, but sprint to the aide of Tracy McGrady and Vince fucking Carter? For fucking real?

thekad

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
0070_pq3p.gif

So you shit on Kobe constantly, but sprint to the aide of Tracy McGrady and Vince fucking Carter? For fucking real?

Kobe will make it into the hall of fame, too.

He can thank Shaq for that.

giri

SamuraiX- said:
The guy got punked out of the Phoenix starting lineup by Jared fucking Dudley
relax giri, <3 Studley

Unless something biblical happens, I doubt it.
YOU WERE ON THIN ICE, BRO.

<3

benjipwns

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
Yeah it is.

You can rationalize losing before the Finals, especially after appearing in 3 straight Finals.

Losing in the final bracket, in a fucking sweep?

Man O Man.
What if it's 2002 or 2007 and someone from the opposing conference is required to attend no matter what?

dream

ryutaro's mama said:
Yeah it is.

You can rationalize losing before the Finals, especially after appearing in 3 straight Finals.

Losing in the final bracket, in a fucking sweep?

Man O Man.

No, you can't. If you get swept in the finals, you're still the second best team of the season -- there was just a huge fucking disparity between the second best and the best team that year. Getting swept in the second round means you just got smacked around by a team that might not even be the best in the conference.

dream said:
No, you can't. If you get swept in the finals, you're still the second best team of the season -- there was just a huge fucking disparity between the second best and the best team that year. Getting swept in the second round means you just got smacked around by a team that might not even be the best in the conference.

If you're not hoisting up a banner, who gives a fuck? Losing is losing.

Duki

Banned
Forceatowulf said:
It just goes to show how absurd some of the hyperbole thrown around during times like these are.
magic also never got another ring after being swept

p accurate

Gigglepoo

dream said:

What if the Mavs go on to win the title? Couldn't the Lakers make the claim that they're the fourth best team?

dream said:

Ok, chief.

I'm not gonna argue it any further.

We agree to disagree.

Getting swept in the Finals would kill me.

ryutaro's mama said:
Well, we might as well not have Pau on the floor so it sorta evens out.

Sadly, this is a fair point. no ron or pau tonight!

You bring up a great point.

The Lakers have no real 3 point threat on their team.

They started the season off well. But they all pretty much disappeared together. And Fisher can rarely get open for 3 these days.

Did you just call the '02 Nets the 2nd best team that season. Or the '07 Cavs?

lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
thekad said:

Vince is in a much better spot with his totals (despite not coming straight out), although really, you have to look at the players these guys are going up against in coming years as well. There are 7 active players ahead of Vince (39) on the all time scoring list and 9 ahead of T-Mac (61).

Neither won a championship in college, or the NBA. No NBA MVP, nor do their averages blow you away on most levels. McGrady made All-NBA first team twice, Carter never did. Minutes played Carter (90) & McGrady (131). Plenty of All-Star games though (6 & 7).

If you start making a case for McGrady, then Antawn Jamison is right there too. He has more points total, over 2,000 more rebounds (playing 1 less season), shoots better (.455 vs .435), even from 3 (.347 vs .337), and turns the ball over less. He also had a good college career, and won the Naismith and Wooden awards.

Blah blah blah, just saying.

dream

Black Mamba said:
Did you just call the '02 Nets the 2nd best team that season. Or the '07 Cavs?

lol

By virtue of being the last team eliminated? Why not?

If we look deeper than immediate results, we'd come up with wonky shit that proves the Spurs were the best team of the 2010-2011 season. And we can't have that.

Adam Blade said:
... move over, Lolkers. Next year, the Clips will own LA/Socal.

Im still waiting for them to have the same team the following year...Its always a new team every year...I like going to their games but.....

Adam Blade said:
... move over, Lolkers. Next year, the Clips will own LA/Socal.

Clippers couldn't even take control during the Kwame or Chutky Atkins eras between Shaq and Pau.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Lakers have more playoffs wins than Clips have regular season wins.

The Clips are the red headed stepchild. No matter what they do, no one will ever love them. Not even Blake can save them

he's donning purple and gold soon, anyway

Slacker said:
POW. If the Mavs sweep the Lakers on Sunday Sea Bass is going to explode more than he did after game six of the ALCS last year.

I'm surprised we aren't getting massive gangbangs with all the other hosts crashing the show yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom