• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lkr

today is gonna suck :(

FINALLY, PEOPLE REALIZE THAT THERE ARE BETTER OPTIONS TO DEFEND DIRK!

Let's see 62 in 3 for Kobe

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Blackface said:
Please look at the quote. What is fucking happening with you.
I misquoted the wrong post. Suck it.

Anyhow...

So, Chris Bosh, as the number one option in 2007 where he lead the Raptors to an improbable 47-wins in the East, averaged 17.5PPG, 9RPG on 39.6FG% versus the 41-win New Jersey Nets.

Derwind

reilo said:

Anyhow...

So, Chris Bosh, as the number one option in 2007 where he lead the Raptors to an improbable 47-wins in the East, averaged 17.5PPG, 9RPG on 39.6FG% versus the 41-win New Jersey Nets.

Why you have to remind me like this!

I hated our first round exit, to RJ and Vince lead team.....

=_=

Blackface

Banned
reilo said:

Anyhow...

He folded in the playoffs. I am not saying anything about that. He was much better against Orlando where he averaged 24-9 against Dwight Howard if I remember right.

LMA isn't as good as Bosh was. When LMA averages 24-11 while being the most efficient PF in the NBA, he may have a case. Nobody is saying he is bad, he just isn't that good.

He is a second or third option guy being forced to play like a first option player. He is very similar to Chris Bosh, just not as good.

thekad said:
Is this sort of like Andrea Bargnani's great month last April? Don't think they give out "1st half" MVPs.
064_mark_jackson--300x300.jpg

"I beg to differ. IT'S TIME TO DANCE!!!"

SamuraiX-

If the Lakers get swept today, they truly prove how big of frauds they really are.

As DY and I agreed on, weakest back-to-back championship team in the past 20 years.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Well... here we go.

I just don't want to get fucking swept. If we win today and lose in Staples, so be it. I can accept that. But a clean sweep? *sigh* that will take a few nights to get over.

Lets get one Lakers. For the love of all that is good and holy lets get fucking ONE

dream

I wish JET Terry was starting. He'd whisper "bye Kobe" while doing the pregame hugs and cause Kobe to go berserk and take 78 shots.

thekad

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
If the Lakers get swept today, they truly prove how big of frauds they really are.

As DY and I agreed on, weakest back-to-back championship team in the past 20 years.

Weakest champions period.

Puddles

Banned
ph33nix said:
Didn't they get swept by the Spurs in 2003?

That was a heart-breaking series. The Lakers dicked around all year and stumbled into the playoffs as a low seed (5th I think). They got the Spurs in the 2nd round, and most Lakers fans expected them to win, since they had eliminated them easily the last two years, including a sweep in 2001. But that was the year when Parker was really starting to come into his own, and he made all the difference. The Spurs took it to the Lakers in the first two games.

Then the series moved to L.A., and the Lakers pounded the Spurs in Games 3 and 4. Tied 2-2, we all thought the sleeping giant had awakened, and that it would be Lakers in 6.

It was not to be. In Game 5, the Spurs jumped out to a big early lead. Kobe led a furious comeback in the 2nd half, and we had a chance to win the game, but Robert Horry missed a 3 at the buzzer. He went something like 2 for 38 in that series, and we probably could have won it if he had just shot anything resembling a decent percentage from beyond the arc. But oh well. Neither that team nor the 04 team deserved to win a title TBH.

The dream of a four-peat was crushed ignominiously in Game 6, and we got this face to remember for all time:

jackson.jpg

I liked to imagine one horse shooting a giant load into that mouth while another horse raped him from behind, but dreams are just that: dreams. Like the dream of Kobe three-peating twice. =(

SamuraiX- said:

OH NO WEAKEST BACK TO BACK CHAMPIONS!? THEY SHOULD BE ASHAMED! Next are you going to criticize someone for being the poorest billionaire?

dream

If the Mavs are up by more than 10 points in the last 5 minutes, can all of Lakers-Age fire up their webcams and watch the end of the game together on Tinychat?

Nelo Ice

Banned
now thats what happens when drew gets the ball it boggles my mind that they settle for random jumpers instead of throwing it down to him

Owzers

Marion has to do SOMETHING this game Xo

EDIT: At least he got that roll but come on, it's Fisher....shouldn't be so hard. Two in a row!

Truphenom

Are they purposefully having Marion on Fisher and Kidd on Artest? Cuz it's not looking to bad right now and thats gonna be hell for Fisher.

THey can't just go to Bynum every time Mavs will send doubles at will at the post which have led to turnovers all series long. They have to get other guys going.

Cloudy

Banned
Nelo Ice said:
now thats what happens when drew gets the ball it boggles my mind that they settle for random jumpers instead of throwing it down to him

Because it takes too long to force him the ball. His offense is just not fluid and leads to bad shots when he can't get deep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom