• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, just saw the Bynum presser.

Did that fucker just say the reason he fouled Barea like that was because he was "salty"?

My god...dude has zero filter.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
FrenchMovieTheme said:
someone must have talked to rose after game 1 because he's taking it to the hoop time and again
I think he realized he was being guarded by a second year player and that just won MVP.

tmdorsey

reilo said:
This Atlanta crowd cheers for every bucket made by either team. It's like they're at an exhibition game and don't know whom to cheer for.
Ever stop to think there maybe some Bull fans in the crowd?

reilo

ryutaro's mama said:
Wait, just saw the Bynum presser.

Did that fucker just say the reason he fouled Barea like that was because he was "salty"?

My god...dude has zero filter.
He's one more injury away from proclaiming "I get hurt on company time, I heal on company time", isn't he?

SoulPlaya

more money than God
tmdorsey said:
Do the Bulls ever get loose ball fouls called on them? This may be the first one the entire series.
Maybe not this series, but I remember a good deal in the past series, I believe.

reilo

wtf? Where do you get a vicodin prescription for pain from a tattoo?

J2 Cool

One more shooter would be awesome for the Bulls. Kyle is off right now, but they don't have a choice if they want a serious 3-pt threat out there.

Lkr

Forceatowulf said:
And lets be honest. That first home game loss to the Hornets was telling as fuck. When that game ended, a lot of legitimate doubt seeped into my mind for the first time in a long time. Something about that just wasn't right. But as a Laker fan I just shrugged that shit off as best I could, but the basketball fan in me knew better...

And lets go back further than that... we got beasted on by the fucking Cavs, Earl fucking Boykins and Miami's front line twice. I know it's just the regular season.. but holy SHIT that was telling.

And yeah, winning two rings back to back will soften almost any down fall. Honestly, I'm just glad we're back in the hunt with tying and possibly surpassing Boston and also getting to watch Prime Kobe and Zombie Kobe prove the haters dead fucking wrong. This is definitely a scenario I can walk away from with a coke and a smile.

It was quite a few things really.

- End of an era
- Watching your sports heroes cry on national television
- Kobe/Shaq feud escalating
- Having the feeling of complete invincibility now becoming complete vulnerability

The Shaq&Kobe Laker era was king shit when living in LA. There was nothing else like it. So to see it crumble like that was brutal, even though I was in Michigan viewing it from afar. Actually, I think that's what made it even more hard to deal with for me personally.

All those feelings I had during those times I just don't have right now. I remember going out back and shooting hoops for 7 hours straight after the 06 series ended in shambles. Now? I kinda just want to take a nap....
The worst part about 2003 was the feeling of invincibility. Sure we were coming off a bad season overall, but hey, we don't have to play the Kings in the first or second round, nothing can go wrong, right? There were some close calls in that Timberwolves series that were really telling(kind of like the first round this year). Then we got our teeth knocked in by San Antonio in the first two games. Come back, and then have your teeth knocked back in. I think I cried a bit after that game 6 loss. Nothing like being a kid and seeing the guys you saw as invincible finally fall. 04 was really bad cause everything was over. In 08, I knew that the series was over after the game 4 bullshit(I was REALLY mad about that one), but game 6 still hurt a lot. Today, I was upset during the first half, but I knew the series was over. There were plenty of laughs about how bad it was. The Artest dunk really pissed me off though because there was a glimmer of hope for 5 minutes. After that it was a bunch of laughs. I know what Drew did was stupid and uncalled for, and I won't defend it, but to be honest, I kinda laughed. I was frustrated as a fan, so I understood his frustration. It was still a terrible move on his part. 06 was a big let down too, especially since I thought that we could handle the Clips and Mavs

giga

Will Larry Drew ever tell Smoove to stop shooting? Maybe he does and it's just too complex for his brain to process.

B7zQk.png

Missed dunk to end the half was awesome. Hawks' players seem to be hesitant on finishing near the hoop. Bulls' players seem hesitant to stop throwing up bricks.

giri

giga said:
Will Larry Drew ever tell Smoove to stop shooting? Maybe he does and it's just too complex for his brain to process.

B7zQk.png
In his defence, if Joe was 3 - 11 he woudln't stop shooting either.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Grimm Fandango said:
Meh so far at game. Here's hoping we can turn it around in the second half.

If Korver hit one of his 5 threes and Brewer didn't miss that dunk, I'd feel much better. I feel okay for now. Bulls are a second half team.

tmdorsey

giga said:

B7zQk.png
I would bet my mortgage he has and Josh is just a stubborn idiot and doesn't listen.

That said, he is attacking the rim more tonight.

Owzers

If Josh Smith has a "shooters got to keep shooting" mentality, someone needs to drill it into his head that he isn't a shooter and that saying doesn't apply to him.

THRILLH0

Banned
I don't really care too much for the Lakers as an organisation but Kobe has been my favourite player for a long time now and i've always been personally invested in his, and by proxy the Lakers' success. I already consider Kobe a lock in the top-5 all-time and although he hasn't been as consistent and had the same results as Mike, I pretty much think that talent-wise, he can do everything Mike could and can even do a couple of things a bit better. This season I spent a lot of this season thinking about Kobe's legacy and came to the conclusion that a second 3-peat and 6th ring would push him even further up the list to just behind Mike. Im pretty sure that a couple of weeks ago most people would have said that a second round sweep by the Mavs would kill Kobe's stock but now that it's happened with Pau disappearing and the rest of the team kind of imploding i'm not sure that it really reflects on him that much, if at all. Every run must come to an end and when you consider what Kobe's done in both the NBA and internationally over the past 4 years, it really has been phenomenal. I know Simmons likes to say that it's a pretty much unrivaled accomplishment and I have to agree with him.

To the few Laker fans who are saying that Kobe is done and should retire, you really don't deserve to have him on your team. He was still a top-5 player this year (he really was) and the way he adjusts and works on his game he's going to be at least top-10 for 4-5 more years.

I think you'd have to be a fool to write off his chances of getting ring number 6 (and even 7) before he's done. This series has guaranteed that LA will make some changes this offseason and i'm not talking about a mega-trade/fleecing for Dwight or CP3. The stretch after the all-star break showed that this core can still dominate and I think that bringing in a mid-level scorer like Mayo or even Caron if he's healthy would inject a bit of life into the team.

I don't think this series really made a difference to the Bulls' chances of winning the chip because if we can get through the Hawks, I think the ECF will be our toughest test no matter who comes out of that series. That being said, I am sad about the Lakers bowing out but it's certainly not the embarrassment that some of you are calling it.

Derwind

thekad said:
http://msofficer.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/derek-fisher-crying.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Dude, how long you going to keep this up? It was funny when the game was over, now its just weird...

reilo

Derwind said:
Dude, how long you going to keep this up? It was funny when the game was over, now its just weird...
The biggest running joke thekad ever pulled off was himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom