• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Freedom = $1.05 said:
Bosh was playing a lot better at the end of the season/76s series. The guy just hasn't shown up for this series. Maybe it's due to the ball being much more in the hands of wade and lebron or maybe it's due to him being a nervous player. If he shows up tonight, though, this series will be over.
presuming the others will not be shut down. not a safe assumption.

Derwind

Blackface said:
I don't. it was one of the greatest playoff series I have ever seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DmhvtI7crY

A video the NBA did on the series it self.

It was some of the best basketball I have ever watched in my entire life.

Saying Vince mailed it in is flat out wrong. He busted his ass and went blow for blow with the MVP of the league.

Dude all I know is we could have gotten to the confrence finals if it wasn't for the shit that kid pulled. Any player today would recieve harsh condemnation by their fans for that bullshit. So I really hope you're not okay with that.

The series itself wasn't bad, and I didmn't argue that before but that graduation shit to me was a mail in. In and of itself.

I lost all the respect I had for him that day. then he made it impossible for me to grow any new respect for him with the last two seasons he had left in Toronto.

And then he proceeded to murder that by getting to the playoffs next season playing injury free with NJ, a rival Atlantic division team and then proceeded to kick the Raptors out of the first round.

He's a piece of shit and deserves the karma he lives with, he'll never be a great. His best contribution to the nba will be his 360 dunk.

SonnyBoy

Ive been following the Celt/Heat games and am I wrong or are the refs very whistle happy when it comes to the Heat? I watch the Celtics get mauled and there's no call but it seems as if u blow a kiss at Lebron/Wade there's a foul.

SephCast said:
LeBron, Wade, Bosh, and Pau have teammates who are consistent scoring threats. Rose hasn't had one to pass to since Ben Gordon.

It doesn't matter. Unless you're having a Godly night where everything is dropping, you don't take 30 shots. If you do, your team will lose. No matter who you are. The fact that it's a PG doing it makes the situation even worse.

As for the Heat-Celtics tonight, I don't expect LeBron and Bosh to have nearly as bad games as they did in Game 3 and it's pretty unrealistic to expect KG to have another Game 3 performance as well. If the Heat play good defense, they should take the 3-1 lead tonight.

SonnyBoy said:
Ive been following the Celt/Heat games and am I wrong or are the refs very whistle happy when it comes to the Heat? I watch the Celtics get mauled and there's no call but it seems as if u blow a kiss at Lebron/Wade there's a foul.

wade_l_GIFSoup.com.gif

Yeah, you're wrong.

ToyMachine228 said:
It doesn't matter. Unless you're having a Godly night where everything is dropping, you don't take 30 shots. If you do, your team will lose. No matter who you are. The fact that it's a PG doing it makes the situation even worse.

As for the Heat-Celtics tonight, I don't expect LeBron and Bosh to have nearly as bad games as they did in Game 3 and it's pretty unrealistic to expect KG to have another Game 3 performance as well. If the Heat play good defense, they should take the 3-1 lead tonight.

I don't think you can play "ifs" in this series or any for that matter. I think in the playoffs opponents study each other so fucking hard that every game is different...the "ifs" only matter during the game, not after in my opinion.

But you did say "should" but I think you get my point.

SamuraiX-

YuriLowell said:
When big baby signs for big money in Sacramento ima love it.

Why would you ever wish something like that on anyone?

No my fault your dumb ass coach can't get over his fantasies with the Big Fatfuck to actually put the right people on the floor to win games and stop giving him isos and letting him jack up 18-footers to his heart's content.

SamuraiX- said:
Why would you ever wish something like that on anyone?

No my fault your dumb ass coach can't get over his fantasies with the Big Fatfuck to actually put the right people on the floor to win games and stop giving him isos and letting him jack up 18-footers to his heart's content.

Baby played 11 mins in game 3.

Doc is a slow learner sometimes.

SamuraiX-

YuriLowell said:
Baby played 11 mins in game 3.

Doc is a slow learner sometimes.

And that's what I'm sayin'.

Big Baby plays less than a quarter worth of minutes tonight? Celtics victory.

That fucking simple. lol

Now a day later I don't know what I was thinking. It's terrible going out this year like little thug bitches but I'm still excited for the remaining playoff games. In 08 I couldn't watch anything even remotely related to basketball for weeks. This sucks but thank god it's not as bad.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Now a day later I don't know what I was thinking. It's terrible going out this year like little thug bitches but I'm still excited for the remaining playoff games. In 08 I couldn't watch anything even remotely related to basketball for weeks. Thus sucks but thank god it's not as bad.
yes it is.
dynasty over and all that hooplah.
im...
tumblr_ljz7sofp4O1qgbim0.gif

Hahaha. Your words would depress the hell out of me all over again if I hadn't spent the last 12 hours convincing myself that we can rebuild and come back as contenders. However, If the lockout happens I'll prick my finger on a sewing needle and sleep the sweet sleep.

SUPREME1

Banned
YuriLowell said:
POS Wade he clearly wraps him up and pulls him down.

Should have been a flagrant 2.

It's Wade. Stern probably had the urge to call courtside and have the refs award him 4 free throws.

Hell, he still might.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Can't believe my Lakers lost. The refs definitely helped the Mavs but what can you do?

At least my Heat are still alive and looking good!1

linsivvi

commish said:
Can't believe my Lakers lost. The refs definitely helped the Mavs but what can you do?

At least my Heat are still alive and looking good!1

commish
Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
(Today, 12:34 AM)

And the Lakers too.... :/

Puddles

Banned
The 2006 and 2007 Suns teams that beat the Lakers were definitely better than this year's Mavs team, and the Lakers were able to win at least one game against them each time they played, so by one of those logical principles I can't remember the name of, the 2006 and 2007 Lakers were superior to this year's squad, at least in its playoff incarnation.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Now a day later I don't know what I was thinking. It's terrible going out this year like little thug bitches but I'm still excited for the remaining playoff games. In 08 I couldn't watch anything even remotely related to basketball for weeks. This sucks but thank god it's not as bad.

It helped that in 08 we lost in the last game of the NBA postseason.

You didn't watch the Olympics though?

Last time I felt this sick was when I had to see "NBA Champion Detroit Pistons" in 2004. I'm probably in the minority here, but I wasn't that devastated by the 08 loss. The team wasn't expected to get farther than the 2nd round when the season started, so just getting to the Finals was pretty satisfying for me. Game 4 hurt a lot, but a few days after Game 6 I was mostly over it.

This one is going to hurt straight through to next season, and the worst part is that we won't be getting any better.

SamuraiX-

Puddles said:
The 2006 and 2007 Suns teams that beat the Lakers were definitely better than this year's Mavs team, and the Lakers were able to win at least one game against them each time they played, so by one of those logical principles I can't remember the name of, the 2006 and 2007 Lakers were superior to this year's squad, at least in its playoff incarnation.

I know you're probably just trolling, but this year's Mavs team is actually playing defense.

Puddles

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
I know you're probably just trolling, but this year's Mavs team is actually playing defense.

Lakers just made them look good defensively because they ran nothing but Kobe isos and botched the inside-out game every time they tried it.

Prime Nash would slice and dice this Dallas defense to ribbons, to say nothing of Prime Marion and Amare with a penis.

The Stealth Fox

Puddles said:
Lakers just made them look good defensively because they ran nothing but Kobe isos and botched the inside-out game every time they tried it.

Prime Nash would slice and dice this Dallas defense to ribbons, to say nothing of Prime Marion and Amare with a penis.

2011 Mavs would have smashed 2010 Lakers into little pieces.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Los Angeles’ nucleus — Kobe, Pau, Bynum, Lamar, Fisher and Artest — was lethargic and distracted all season.

• Vanessa Bryant may have had nothing to do with it, but Pau Gasol got dumped by his fiancée, Silvia Lopez Castro.

• Derek Fisher is the president of the NBA Players Association in a year of labor unrest.

• Khloé and Lamar Kardashian have a perfume and a reality TV show to promote.

• Ron Artest is Ron Artest. Among other things, he raffled away his championship ring.

• Andrew Bynum is still the immature kid who delayed knee surgery so he could attend the World Cup.

Kobe and Phil had their hands full trying to get this squad to focus on basketball, let alone withstand the assault LeBron, D-Wade, Dirk, Durant, Rose, K.G., Paul Pierce and Ray Allen were planning.

Obviously, Kobe and Phil failed miserably. Everyone can see it now.
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/...hion-as-team-is-too-old-and-distracted-050811

That's not a bad way to frame the Lakers season. They always seemingly had something else on their mind since the summer of 2010. Kobe was right when he said that "some players are content with having two championships".

The Stealth Fox

Of course people are going to try to explain the Lakers away.

Maybe they were just overrated because Ray Allen forgot how to shoot and their enforcer went down (whom they traded away like idiots).

They're really not that good, guys.

SamuraiX-

reilo said:
http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/...hion-as-team-is-too-old-and-distracted-050811

That's not a bad way to frame the Lakers season. They always seemingly had something else on their mind since the summer of 2010. Kobe was right when he said that "some players are content with having two championships".

Stop giving Lakers Age ideas for excuses.

This squad was content with one championship. Fans should be grateful they were able to come away with the chip last season seeing as how everyone stopped giving a shit already.

thekad

Banned
Puddles said:

The transitive property of stupidity?

The Stealth Fox said:
Of course people are going to try to explain the Lakers away.

Maybe they were just overrated because Ray Allen forgot how to shoot and their enforcer went down (whom they traded away like idiots).

Big Baby is good enough.

dream

reilo said:

You left out the best part of the article:

Midway through Sunday’s game on ABC, the Clippers aired a season-ticket commercial. I’m guessing the advertisement was only shown in the Los Angeles area. The Clippers smell an opportunity. The Lakers are in decline. The Clippers have The Poster Child, Blake Griffin, and some young talent around him.

thekad

Banned
Eric Gordon, Blake Griffin, Harrison Barnes (Wolves #1 pick) and Deandre Jordan. Clips are going to get the Blazers treatment if they get to playoffs next year.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
The last two Lakers playoff eliminations:

92-131
86-122

Pathetic. Sure they won back to back titles, but honestly, I don't think they've been the best team in the NBA in any of the last 4 years. Actually, in every one of these years, i'd say the celtics were better. Have the 2010 Lakers-Celtics 7 game series repeated 100 times and I think the celtics would win 55-60 of those 100 series.

What really makes me think poorly of the lakers is just how badly they seem to play when the writing is on the wall. There's no drive to compete when they're being outplayed. That's not the heart of a champion, and the entire franchise should be ashamed of the team's lack of passion, especially deep into the playoffs.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
GaimeGuy said:
The last two Lakers playoff eliminations:

92-131
86-122

Pathetic. Sure they won back to back titles, but honestly, I don't think they've been the best team in the NBA in any of the last 4 years. Actually, in every one of these years, i'd say the celtics were better. Have the 2010 Lakers-Celtics 7 game series repeated 100 times and I think the celtics would win 55-60 of those 100 series.

What really makes me think poorly of the lakers is just how badly they seem to play when the writing is on the wall. There's no drive to compete when they're being outplayed. That's not the heart of a champion, and the entire franchise should be ashamed of the team's lack of passion, especially deep into the playoffs.
Lakers don't win Game 7 last season if they don't attempt 24FTA in the fourth quarter.

The Clippers are the new Blazers. Everyone is forgetting that Griffin and Gordon are made out of glass like how they forgot Roy was.

edit: I looked at LeBron's minutes and holy shit, he's already at 25k in the regular season alone? He's got three or four years left after this one, that's scary to think about.

reilo said:

That's a bunch of bullshit. The Lakers had their chances, despite all that, to win on the court and couldn't get it done. No excuses required. Some of you Laker-haters seem to be giving the Mavs less credit than actual Laker fans.

reilo said:
Lakers don't win Game 7 last season if they don't attempt 24FTA in the fourth quarter.

and do the Celtics win the title in 08 if Leon Powe doesn't attempt 20 free throws himself? This ret-con'ing to try and discredit a 2peat NBA champ is pathetic.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
reilo said:
Basically, they have championships, but they don't have champions. They're top 5 in the league in terms of ability but they've been fortunate to win in 2009 and 2010 and have a horrible attitude towards the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom