• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

So IF the thunder lose tonight...do the Grizzlies become the team you officially don't want to see in the playoffs? People compare them to GS, but after that first round GS was clearly outclassed. The grizz? I really don't know. If a few balls go their way, they could beat the Mavs. I think.

Karakand

Lkr said:
Lakers-age: Am I mentally ill for hoping that Boston beats Miami in this series?
I would say you probably started watching the Lakers around the mid-90s (at the very earliest) and that you hate workers' self-management but that's about it.

giri

dIEHARD said:
have a link? can't watch the game right now anyway.
At work, but I've only read ESPN this morning, so it must be somewhere on there. Though i did end up on the ESPN Boston site, and fuck it felt dirty.

giri

exarkun said:
So IF the thunder lose tonight...do the Grizzlies become the team you officially don't want to see in the playoffs? People compare them to GS, but after that first round GS was clearly outclassed. The grizz? I really don't know. If a few balls go their way, they could beat the Mavs. I think.
Its a team built for the play offs. If they had gay back, he'd help their spacing so much too. He was shooting a good clip from the 3 before the injury.

I know they regularly beat the suns over the last 2 or 3 years.

DJ88

Freedom = $1.05 said:
Bosh's midrange shot is gone. Dude needs to do something else with the ball.

Yeah I really have no clue what happened to him. Now every time he pulls up for a jumper I cringe.

diehard

Fleer
giri said:
At work, but I've only read ESPN this morning, so it must be somewhere on there. Though i did end up on the ESPN Boston site, and fuck it felt dirty.
Yeah there's nothing there about a tear, only that MRI's are negative.

Bread

Banned
Just checking in here quick, the Celtics have been getting some favorable calls, Rondo looks fine, and Bosh looks lethargic.

Lkr

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Bunch of us rooted for the Lakers to beat Magic during those finals.
why? I think I would cheer for the Mavs against you guys in the finals lol

edit: nvm realized you already responded haha

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
smh. How's that not a foul on Lebron? You're a) not allowed to reach-in like that and b) not allow to trip someone.

Lkr

Karakand said:
I would say you probably started watching the Lakers around the mid-90s (at the very earliest) and that you hate workers' self-management but that's about it.
This is true, I'm not as old as you guys :(
08 still leaves a sour taste in my mouth though, and the rivalry means so much to me now, ever since it was renewed in 2008. I think I would rather have the Celtics win the title over Miami though. Miami just seems to be everything that is wrong with basketball(and, like most people, I liked KG and Ray Ray before they were on Boston) :p

dream

Lkr said:
why? I think I would cheer for the Mavs against you guys in the finals lol

edit: nvm realized you already responded haha

Celtics fans hate the Lakers but still respect them.

Lkr

dream said:
Celtics fans hate the Lakers but still respect them.
I think you can respect a team even if you root against them though.

Rondo is playing mind games with the Heat though. This will fuck them over I think

giga

108956488.jpg

Too cute.

Sanjuro

Lkr said:
I think you can respect a team even if you root against them though.

Rondo is playing mind games with the Heat though. This will fuck them over I think
We are just bred differently, we are just less hateful. Magic again really weren't a likable team so I didn't see much of a reason to root for them. Not to mention they were terrible.

Jin34

Vestal said:
thats dirty?!?! LOL

Thats what they were supposed to do last game. Pressure rondo make him uncomfortable.

Bump him to do the ground is pressuring? Just like takedowns are accidental right?

Sanjuro

Vestal said:
thats dirty?!?! LOL

Thats what they were supposed to do last game. Pressure rondo make him uncomfortable.
Heat fans should at least Wikipedia "Basketball" before they start watching games.

The M.O.B

Jin34 said:
Bump him to do the ground is pressuring? Just like takedowns are accidental right?

Players get bumped to the ground every single game, Chalmers is supposed to feel sorry for Rondo?

Plus that's a trademark Chalmers stupid foul, he does that every game.

Sanjuro

Vestal said:
lol that was a rub.. Look at the replay, Rondo was doing his own pushing aswell.
The M.O.B said:
Players get bumped to the ground every single game, Chalmers is supposed to feel sorry for Rondo?

Plus that's a trademark Chalmers stupid foul, he does that every game.

9ht2T.jpg

Bread

Banned
Jin34 said:
But Bread said we were getting favorable call lol
Yeah so? One no-call erases those ticky tack calls from earlier?

The calls (and non-calls) the Celtics were getting earlier are like what the Heat got at home in the first 2 games.

Bread

Banned
Ok at least Pierce is getting 2 free throws from that, I've never seen a ref call a pump fake foul like that on the floor.

Jin34

Bread said:
Yeah so? One no-call erases those ticky tack calls from earlier?

The calls (and non-calls) the Celtics were getting earlier are like what the Heat got at home in the first 2 games.

You forgot the BS flagrant.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Bread said:
Ok at least Pierce is getting 2 free throws from that, I've never seen a ref call a pump fake foul like that on the floor.
Must not have seen yesterday's Bulls game where Slavatore blew a whistle on a Rose pump-fake and then he not only said it wasn't a foul, but ruled it an inadvertent whistle. Nevermind that after the game he said he got the call wrong.

Bread

Banned
Jin34 said:
You forgot the BS flagrant.
How was that BS, he knocked Lebron's headband off his head...

Open your eyes, stop watching the game like you're at the Garden.

reilo said:
Must not have seen yesterday's Bulls game where Slavatore blew a whistle on a Rose pump-fake and then he not only said it wasn't a foul, but ruled it an inadvertent whistle. Nevermind that after the game he said he got the call wrong.
I said I've never seen the ref call it on the floor, not that I've never seen a ref change his mind after he blew this whistle :D

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So sick of hearing how "hurt" Rondo is. lol We have no idea how bad he dislocated the elbow. Can't be that bad, or he wouldn't be able to move the damn thing. I dislocated my elbow and I had to have it in a cast.

dream

Iadien said:
So sick of hearing how "hurt" Rondo is. lol We have no idea how bad he dislocated the elbow. Can't be that bad, or he wouldn't be able to move the damn thing. I dislocated my elbow and I had to have it in a cast.

I'm sorry Rondo isn't a pussy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom