• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I was jesting a bit, but honestly I had no idea who they are. Soccer just isn't very popular over here.
Eh, basically the lakers of soccer. Spend lots and lots and lots and lots and attract a lot of.... life long fans.

diehard

Fleer
LovingSteam said:
I'd trade John Stockton for CP3 any day. Stockton was lucky he played his career with Malone and Co. CP3 has had to do it all alone.
Man if you're gonna try and bait don't come in with weak shit like that.

The M.O.B

Joel Anthony replacing Big Z in the starting lineup, only took Spoelstra forever to realize the reason for not being able to keep up defensively with other teams at the start of games.

DCX

DCX
jman2050 said:
The family aspect formed my allegiances for MLB/NBA/NHL early, but no one in my family really gave a shit about basketball outside of being part of the large 'OMG JORDAN' contingent of the 90's. So to me it makes sense why the NBA is different for me.

Alternatively: What self-respecting sports junkie would ever willingly become a Knicks fan?
I am the only basketball fan in my entire family and i became a Knicks fan out of my own free will :) THe only sports team that i am not a fan of the New York flavor is the Atlanta Falcons.

Even them i have been a fan since the Chris Chandler, Andre Rison, Dieon days.

DCX

giri

The M.O.B said:
Joel Anthony replacing Big Z in the starting lineup, only took Spoelstra forever to realize the reason for not being able to keep up defensively with other teams at the start of games.
Except that Joel has performed like utter shit in the starting line up, and if Shaq has healed a bit more, i expect the C's to counter by starting him.

giri

DCX said:
Actually you know my name well, you carry it with you 17 times a day ;)

DCX
8/10 for the research put into the post.

You also have to anticipate that the Stepford Chris Bosh of Game 3 will not be back.

Haha, i've never seen stepford used like that, brilliant (and apt).

The M.O.B said:

I sure hope Shaq isn't playing a lot...

JJ's on The Ticket right now. Giving out a lot of scoops about the mood in the Mavs locker room.

JJ says Dirk is more focussed than he's ever seen him in the 5-6 years he's been on the team. You can tell it in the interviews, but JJ says Dirk is also basically playing the role of the policeman in the locker room, making sure everybody else stays focussed, no one is celebrating prematurely, no one is popping corks on champagne bottles.

He says Chandler is the big hype man in the room. Jet hypes them up a little too.

Then he went and told the entire metroplex what restaurant he was going to. I guess the kid still has something to learn! LOL

THRILLH0

Banned
Maybe juniors wouldn't feel the need to be so caustic around here if some of you didn't act so hostile to anyone whose name and avatar you haven't committed to memory.

I lurked this board for 4 god damn years while my account was in limbo so I know what's up with the tone of the thread but it's real hard to keep your cool when even the slightest praise of an above average team/player is dismissed with a "lulz LLL" autopost.

Yes, I got salty and often wished I had remained calmer the way Black Mamba did this year and guys like Gondo did when they were rookies but it's not easy.

I know how frustrating it is to have a community you value disrupted by a bunch of faceless newbies who can't contribute in a meaningful way but I'd like to think a few of us - myself included - can actually add to the discussion around here.

We're not all bad guys. For every Trax and thekad there's a junior who actually knows a thing or 2 about the game.

ryutaro's mama said:
WHAT DO YOU MEAN ICE CUBE USED TO DO GANGSTA RAP?

Lies. He dabbled for a minute, but that's it. Everyone knows him from Ghosts of Mars and All About the Benjamins.

Funny last couple of pages. I'm with anyone but the Heat.

You must have missed it earlier, Scott Brooks is unleashing the FThunder tonight.

The FThunder are undefeated this season.

You still have Westbrook, no deal.

giri

AShep said:
Maybe juniors wouldn't feel the need to be so caustic around here if some of you didn't act so hostile to anyone whose name and avatar you haven't committed to memory.

I lurked this board for 4 god damn years while my account was in limbo so I know what's up with the tone of the thread but it's real hard to keep your cool when even the slightest praise of an above average team/player is dismissed with a "lulz LLL" autopost.

Yes, I got salty and often wished I had remained calmer the way Black Mamba did this year and guys like Gondo did when they were rookies but it's not easy.

I know how frustrating it is to have a community you value disrupted by a bunch of faceless newbies who can't contribute in a meaningful way but I'd like to think a few of us - myself included - can actually add to the discussion around here.

We're not all bad guys. For every Trax and thekad there's a junior who actually knows a thing or 2 about the game.
If someone came on here and said Aaron Afflalo is a great 2g, maybe top10 in the league, no one would laugh. If you said Top10 all time, people would just dismiss you as a LLL. Rookies get treated harsh because they're undisciplined in their statements and in an effort to impress, over reach, just like earl clarke. Some, like earl, never make it past their rookie contract (Peace), others settle down and are welcomed (everyone else).

bluemax

Banned
Gigglepoo said:
Do you think the HoF is reserved for superstars*? Because I don't consider Reggie on that level. If that's your argument, I would agree.

*Superstar = could be the best player on a championship team. I think Reggie would have been an amazing #2.

Reggie Miller isn't even the best basketball player in his family.

SUPREME1

Banned
Lkr said:
Lakers-age: Am I mentally ill for hoping that Boston beats Miami in this series?

No matter who wins, we all lose.

Who I'm hoping wins it:

Grizz
Mavs
Thunder
Bulls

...in that order.

Fuck the rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom