• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Rodeo Clown said:
Given that Glen Taylor has really done everything he can to alienate everyone who might try to like the Wolves, it's understandable.

I mean, look at this halfhearted renovation effort: Taylor wants the public to foot the bill for all $155M to renovate Target Center. It's a joke. It's not a real attempt at getting the place renovated. These are the kinds of tries you see before the owner then washes his hands of the situation. He can say, "Well, I tried to get Target Center renovated, and you people didn't want to pay for it, so good day, sir," and sell the team to somebody who then also goes through the motions of getting an arena done, and ultimately moves the team. It really feels like that's where this is headed.
My understanding though is that there are few markets bigger than minesota? Though of course i know there are hungrier markets.

Derwind said:

Bad. Just hired as an assistant? that'd be fine. But head coach? nup.

giga

Anyone been to Ted's Montana Grill? Had a bison burger for the first time last week. SO GOOD.

3603465339_988d76b921_z.jpg

Vestal

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I don't like this analogy at all.

Though I wouldn't say it's much better, I would say a more relevant one would be a quarterback that spreads the ball along going for the smart options instead of just airing it deep all the time.

Sure a balance would be nice but if he has the arm to throw the lower percentage pass that makes a big impact in the game, he shouldn't withhold it.

It all depends on the personnel too, watch Rose tonight go out of his way to pass the ball and the Bulls be tied at halftime.

I would also add that Westbrick and rose should not be even in the the paragraph. One is the sole reliable scoring option on their team, the other has the leagues top scorer and arguably the most efficient scorer in the league but still Westbrick decides to chock up more shots than him.

Vestal said:
I would also add that Westbrick and rose should not be even in the the paragraph. One is the sole reliable scoring option on their team, the other has the leagues top scorer and arguably the most efficient scorer in the league but still Westbrick decides to chock up more shots than him.

Yeah, I like Westbrook's talent but I am sure Rose would look for Durant all the time if he was on the Bulls.

Heck, sometimes Rose goes out of his way to get Boozer involved.

Nelo Ice

Banned
SUPREME1 said:
Never had it. I've heard of them a few times over the last year, here on GAF as a matter of fact...

Need to hit them up one day. Know of any locations in Los Angeles?
apparently theyre building one on Fiqueroa based on the store locator

Jeff-DSA said:
We've got both near me. Five Guys is good, but inconsistent. In-N-Out is good AND very consistent. Well, the fries really suck at In-N-Out. They're trying to cook them too fast and their oil temp is too low. You get fries with a terrible texture.

true in and out is always satisfying had five guys for the first time last friday and their bacon burger was delicious course none of them compare to the burgers at hodads down in SD
though hodads isnt a chain but damn its delicious!

Jeff-DSA said:
We've got both near me. Five Guys is good, but inconsistent. In-N-Out is good AND very consistent. Well, the fries really suck at In-N-Out. They're trying to cook them too fast and their oil temp is too low. You get fries with a terrible texture.

Exactly. Five Guys can be great but other times completely mediocre. In-N-Out is always damn solid. I disagree about the fries though I love getting crispy fries.

Bread

Banned
Vestal said:
right because u didn't see Rondo standing at the Top of the Key with a defender not even within 5 feet of him a few times?

Not to mention him having issues with the ball since he can't really much with his left?
I've seen that every single game and the team has done just fine.

And even with a gimpy left arm he's been better with the ball than Delonte has.

THRILLH0

Banned
Derwind said:
I mean name me one Iverson-esque performer PG that won a championship? Not many I think....
Well it's not easy when guys like Nash, CP3, Stockton, Kidd and Deron are gobbling up all the championships.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Exactly. Five Guys can be great but other times completely mediocre. In-N-Out is always damn solid. I disagree about the fries though I love getting crispy fries.
Also, In-N-Out is fucking cheap. Five Guys is double the price.

Bread said:
oh my god I saw that in real time and I thought it was 3 steps, but looking at it in slow mo it looks like 4 or 5!

Looks to me he took 3 steps even before that crazy restart and at least one more step.

It was a travel even before the silly second part.

Derwind said:
Joke about it now but you might end up on the receiving end of that play. Just sayin...

Nah, Derrick does the questionable jump-step, he doesn't do it as obvious as this was with the restart.

If Boozer did what LeBron did, the ref would have called him for an offensive foul with the off-arm.

Oh, you meant LeBron will get away with it against the Bulls.

Yeah, good point.

THRILLH0

Banned
Derwind said:
Straw man detected!
In what way? There's been so much talk on this board about how "pure" point guards give their team the best chance win so explain to me why those guys have zero championships between them?

A "pure" PG hasn't led their team to a title since Isiah did it 20 years ago.

Bread

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Looks to me he took 3 steps even before that crazy restart and at least one more step.

It was a travel even before the silly second part.
Watch his feet after the 3rd step, he might have even taken more than 7.

TylerD

Vestal said:

Westbrook shooting more than KD on a consistent basis has only started in the playoffs when teams are doing everything they can to take KD away as an option and force Westbrook to either try to create or score. He is much better at scoring so that it what he tries to do. When you have Sefalosha, Perkins, and Ibaka out there as your other options and KD is standing around not trying to get open (which he has been doing) or is being taken out of the equation by tough defense, the guy doesn't have much choice.

He is trying to make the most out of a lot of bad situations that he gets repeatedly stuck with. Sometimes, that means taking ill advised outside jumpers which I hate, but if he can get into the lane and try to shoot his pull up from 15 feet or attack the rim I have no problem with him doing that 90% of the time. He shot 44% from the field in regular season.

If we need to score Harden has to be out there in the closing time. His defense is good enough that it more than makes up for the total lack of offense from Sefalosha and it helps to space the floor for KD and Westbrook. I loved Harden controlling the ball a bit in the 4th last night and hopefully that is something that Brooks will go with again. When Harden has the option of trying to get the ball to KD or Westbrook or attack that has the potential to be very bad for the opposing team.

Anyway, it is nice for the Thunder to have 2 fearless players that want the ball in crunch time. KD should be the number one option but sometimes it doesn't work out.

Bread

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yeah, I didn't account for the shuffling, I was giving him the benefit of the doubt!!!!!
Refs usually wouldn't call a travel on shuffling like that, but he already used 3 steps. It's a fucking embarrassment that nothing was called, especially in Boston.

TylerD said:
Westbrook shooting more than KD on a consistent basis has only started in the playoffs when teams are doing everything they can to take KD away as an option and force Westbrook to either try to create or score.

I know this isn't the contention but this happens especially at the end of the games.

Westbrook is going to have to win the game with it on the line(or maybe someone like Harden) as they aren't giving Durant any good looks at all.

He was missing the shots at the end badly at the end of regulation, etc... because he was trying to force up terrible looks.

Vestal

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
I know this isn't the contention but this happens especially at the end of the games.

Westbrook is going to have to win the game with it on the line(or maybe someone like Harden) as they aren't giving Durant any good looks at all.

He was missing the shots at the end badly at the end of regulation, etc... because he was trying to force up terrible looks.

That falls more on the coach than anyone else though. You draw up plays to get your best player the ball, it works in every other team like that and it shouldn't be a problem for OKC.

This is know your role, Durant #1 option and should take most of the shots period.

I just find OKCs offense down the stretch frustrating to watch.. waiting till the clock is under 12 to start moving the offense? Seriously thats just retarded.

Derwind

AShep said:
In what way? There's been so much talk on this board about how "pure" point guards give their team the best chance win so explain to me why those guys have zero championships between them?

You completely ignored the original question, name me a team who won a championship with there point guard being the dominate scorer?

There could be a bunch of reasons surrounding why CP3, Nash & Deron haven't won a championship, I could jump on hypotheticals all fucking day with that.

How about you start naming me championship teams with their dominate scorer being their PG....

I'll give you Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas(that would be a lie considering they both have a 10+ career assist average) but who else?

Iverson? No, he was close but eventually got punked by the Lakers.....

MidnightCowboy said:
Also, In-N-Out is fucking cheap. Five Guys is double the price.

Yup. $10 for a burger, fries and a drink here in Texas. Not sure about elsewhere. In & Out is coming to a city near me soon, can't wait to see what all the fuss is about. Oh shit it's open tomorrow. Road trip time. Bet it's gonna be busy as fuck for awhile though.

giri

AShep said:

Nash only doesn't have one due to TD, Amare, and Horry.

Kidd is once again leading his team deep into the playoffs (ok, not leading).

And these guys and their teams, regularly over achieve given the talent level (or how badly put together they are) around them.

KingGondo said:
I'm not a big burger guy, and In-N-Out is the very best I've had from a chain. And I definitely wouldn't describe it as cheesy, although you can customize almost everything you order using the secret menu.

Very fresh ingredients, simply prepared and presented with great customer service.

My wife and I are about to take a weekend road trip to Frisco to IKEA, we will definitely be making a pit stop. :)
Brah let me know if you need any help with anything before you leave, I live there.

thekad

Banned
Rose stan logic: Since Lebron is the best player in the league and he doesn't have a ring, it is therefore obvious that having the league's best player is a detriment to a championship run.

Bumblebeetuna said:
Yup. $10 for a burger, fries and a drink here in Texas. Not sure about elsewhere. In & Out is coming to a city near me soon, can't wait to see what all the fuss is about. Oh shit it's open tomorrow. Road trip time. Bet it's gonna be busy as fuck for awhile though.
it taste much better then jason terry shitting on the lakers with a record number of 3s made.

Tom Penny said:
this league irritates the fuck out of me to no end.
we need to somehow spam this video to stern's personal email until he enforces this hop-step +1 bullshit

thekad said:
Rose stan logic: Since Lebron is the best player in the league and he doesn't have a ring, it is therefore obvious that having the league's best player is a detriment to a championship run.

thekad logic: failing at the end of the game once again(got bailed out by the Celtics though) is not a detriment to being considered the best player in the league.

Phil Jackson got fined that much or more for simply complaining about officials.

The suspension is alrigh(I would have liked it to be 10 games) but the fine is absurd, should have been much more, not that it matters that much to these millionaires.

Basileus777 said:
The fine is for "removing his jersey and the manner in which he left the court."

The worst punsihment was Colin Cowherd of all people making fun of Bynum's physique, the Lakers big man has to live with that for the rest of his life.

Derwind

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
The worst punsihment was Colin Cowherd of all people making fun of Bynum's physique, the Lakers big man has to live with that for the rest of his life.

Did he call him a lumber ogre? What did he say?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Derwind said:
You completely ignored the original question, name me a team who won a championship with there point guard being the dominate scorer?

There could be a bunch of reasons surrounding why CP3, Nash & Deron haven't won a championship, I could jump on hypotheticals all fucking day with that.

How about you start naming me championship teams with their dominate scorer being their PG....

I'll give you Magic Johnson and Isiah Thomas(that would be a lie considering they both have a 10+ career assist average) but who else?

Iverson? No, he was close but eventually got punked by the Lakers.....

Rose is right with Isiah in assists at same point in their careers. Of course Isiah had a sick stretch where he was averaging like 11-12 assists a game while still being first or second in scoring on his team like 3-4 years in.

Funny thing looking back at some stats, Isiah and Derrick both had shitty field goal percentages.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Phil Jackson got fined that much or more for simply complaining about officials.

The suspension is alrigh(I would have liked it to be 10 games) but the fine is absurd, should have been much more, not that it matters that much to these millionaires.
He doesn't receive any pay while suspended. So this will cost him several hundreds of thousands in salary.

Derwind said:
Did he call him a lumber ogre? What did he say?

I forget if it was him or Michelle Beadle but one of them called him "doughish in body type".

They made more comments but I usually block out what Colin Cowherd says, Michelle Beadle is easier to tolerate though and not quite as cringeworthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom