• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

SUPREME1

Banned
dIEHARD said:
wehaveaproblem.gif

LOL

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
reilo said:
Really? If two people got into an argument, and one of them ended up hitting the other so hard that it collapsed their lung and fractured their ribs, you don't think that person would get arrested?

Yep, imagine your're running after the bus and right as you are about to get on a 7 footer knocks you the fuck out. You bet he would be going to jail ;)

SUPREME1

Banned
StickSoldier said:
Not sure if posted, but Bynum is suspended for 5 games with no pay for his hit on Barea.

Also charged $25k for removing his jersey.

Yeah, Barrea defense force wanted 35 to life.

I wanted an apology for his sexiness being bothered by such trivial shit.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
@johnschuhmann: In last 3 min of 4Q or OT w/ score diff. of < 3 in playoffs, W'Brook is 4-for-15. KD is 3-for-7. Both are 0-for-3 from 3.

DaMan121

StickSoldier said:
Not sure if posted, but Bynum is suspended for 5 games with no pay for his hit on Barea .

Yep it has, and it's weak. The entire thing was premeditated, should have gotten 10. Maybe it was cause the recipient was white...
am I doing this NBA-age troll thing right?

Edit: And these playoffs are going way too long!

dream

AShep said:
Fuck off dream. You can keep trolling but what have I posted that contains a hint of hyperbole? I've copped to Rose and the Bulls struggling all playoffs. I posted that there was no way they were sweeping Atlanta and i've posted that improvements will have to be made for us to even make the finals.

Posters like you are the turd on the sole of this thread's shoe. Diehard and I disagree on shit every day but i'd hazard a guess that he recognises that I actually put some thought into my posts unlike drive-by trolls like you. Even though derwind and I might be a bit testy right now we're at least debating something in a rational way. You've made the second highest number of posts in this thread and at least 2 thirds of them are pointless attacks on other players and posters. Sadly that ratio is bound to rise after Boston goes home tomorrow.

PEACE.

Who the fuck are you?

SUPREME1

Banned
The Stealth Fox said:
Ithought he would get more for being a repeat offender.

Yeah, I think if barrea would have been injured, they would have dropped the hammer.

That's the only reason I don't think it was such a bad ruling.

Vire

dream said:
Who the fuck are you?

Didn't you just get here this year and immediately start rooting for the Celtics?

Give me a break... you're just as bad as the Heat bandwagoners only you picked the wrong team. lulz

KingGondo

Banned
reilo said:
We just like to keep things interesting.

Stern is loving the ratings from all these close games!

(Seriously though, I would kill for Daequan Cook or James Harden to take a final shot for once)

KingGondo said:
We just like to keep things interesting.

Stern is loving the ratings from all these close games!

(Seriously though, I would kill for Daequan Cook or James Harden to take a final shot for once)

Harden was huge. I'd actually like to see him in a role similar to Manu. Seems like he has the better handles out of him and Westbrook, and he can pass good too.

giri

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yeah, I know what you mean.

This Lakers' fan I talk to online who is not an unreasonable person at all said at least it showed he was aggressive, just at the wrong time of the game.

Bias because you can't defend at all shit like that if you pretend the guy isn't on your favorite team.
I've said it several times in the thread, if that was 2nd quarter, game 1, it's a whole different type of foul. But just because he's having a sad?

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Liking the new wizards uniforms, are all the mid 90's logos gone finally ? Couldnt stand the raptors, grizzlies, rockets and wizards logos back then. "Hey look i discovered Adobe Illustrator hear me roar"

dream

Vire said:
Didn't you just get here this year and immediately start rooting for the Celtics?

Give me a break...

The difference between me and AShep is I don't go on a defensive rampage when someone gives Rondo shit for assist baiting and turning the ball over. I don't act like someone called my baby ugly when someone points out the glaring flaws of my favorite team. I'm not devoid of humor and get oversensitive when people talk shit to me.

AShep called me a drive-by troller and that's probably true when it comes to him. But he sets himself up for it by being the worst of the new breed of lifelong Bulls fans. I've had long, in-depth debates with Seph and TGMP about Rose and Bulls because they aren't wrapped up in their team identity to the point where they think I'm trying to fuck their mothers when I mention things like, hey, maybe Rose should pass to the open man.

jjasper

Doc Holliday said:
Liking the new wizards uniforms, are all the mid 90's logos gone finally ? Couldnt stand the raptors, grizzlies, rockets and wizards logos back then. "Hey look i discovered Adobe Illustrator hear me roar"

The raptors should bring those back. I mean they had a fucking dinosaur playing basketball on them.

J2 Cool

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Looks to me he took 3 steps even before that crazy restart and at least one more step.

It was a travel even before the silly second part.

They let 3 go all the time. Isn't this a travel?

haywarddunk.gif

I'm not sure who to root for.

Obviously I prefer the Bulls to face-off against the Heat. But the Hawks in the ECF and possibly a Grizzlies/Hawks Finals would be completely LOLworthy.

The Stealth Fox

Doc Holliday said:
180px-Houstonrockets_logo_old.gif

olajuwon_all.jpg

The best ever.

The Stealth Fox said:
I thought he would get more for being a repeat offender.

I thought he'd get more because it was the last game in a Playoff series.

First off, there's more eyes on the sport in the Playoffs. More casual fans that you might want to bring in for next year. Having something lie this occur in the Playoffs might convince these casuals that this is an ugly, thug sport, and not worth watching.

Second, if I'm the commish, I ask myself, "what if the guy got hurt?" when something like that happens.

In the regular season, if JJ sprains his wrist, separates a shoulder, has a head injury, he'll be back eventually. In the playoffs, that could be the end of the season for the player, and really hurt the team going forward. That's why this foul was more egregious now than in the regular season, and he should have been suspended and fined more.

The Stealth Fox said:
180px-Houstonrockets_logo_old.gif

olajuwon_all.jpg

The best ever.

Dream deserves the HOF ring just for wearing that clown suit.

Doc Holliday said:

Never forget.

raptorsbarney.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom