• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
reilo said:
He doesn't receive any pay while suspended. So this will cost him several hundreds of thousands in salary.

Oh, ok, that makes sense then.

Not sure why I didn't immediately think of that, I guess the fine being added made me forget about the loss of money from the suspension.

Doomsayer

I thought Bynum was going to be suspended for 10 games at minimum. Surprising how this played out.

Although maybe Stern was just banking on him getting injured when he comes back anyway.

Hey DFW peeps...

Instead of spending $10 on that In-and-Out, get your ass down to the original Neighborhood Services on West Lovers, spend $15 on the Cleaver & Block Burger, and be in white tablecloth, best-burger-in-town HEAVEN.

Trust me.

Oh, and if you go there at lunch, you might meet a billionaire or two.

Pristine_Condition said:
Hey DFW peeps...

Instead of spending $10 on that In-and-Out, get your ass down to the original Neighborhood Services on West Lovers, spend $15 on the Cleaver & Block Burger, and be in white tablecloth, best-burger-in-town HEAVEN.

Trust me.

Oh, and if you go there at lunch, you might meet a billionaire or two.

i don't want to spend 15 bucks on a burger and i'm not hauling ass from plano for that either

but great suggestion, i'll keep that in mind when i'm nearby. i'm actually looking for apartments nearby

THRILLH0

Banned
Derwind said:
You completely ignored the original question, name me a team who won a championship with there point guard being the dominate scorer?

How about you start naming me championship teams with their dominate scorer being their PG....

Why are you so hung up on position? I can name you a bunch of guys who averaged 25/7 and won a chip. Sure Lebron and AI also put up those seasons but they're the exception.

Guys like Francis and Marbury never put up those stats but people seem happy to lump Rose in with them when in reality he's on another level.

There could be a bunch of reasons surrounding why CP3, Nash & Deron haven't won a championship, I could jump on hypotheticals all fucking day with that.

Knock yourself out. Stockton, Kidd, CP3, Nash and Deron have a combined 65 seasons between them for a grand total of zero championships and 4 finals appearances. Slim pickings for the so-called gold standard of point guards wouldn't you say?

SUPREME1

Banned
5 games and $25K sounds about right.

Good to see the league didn't give in to the crazy talk and go overboard. It was an elbow to his side. Get over it.

He didn't punch him or go for the head in any way. Little guy just happened to land awkwardly, which is the only reason it should be 5 games. If he lands on his feet it's a flagarant and $5K.

Remember that one time when that dude got elbowed in the side and the offender was suspended 5 games? Remember?

Well, neither do I. Because it doesn't happen.

Derwind

Doc Holliday said:
Rose is right with Isiah in assists at same point in their careers. Of course Isiah had a sick stretch where he was averaging like 11-12 assists a game while still being first or second in scoring on his team like 3-4 years in.

Funny thing looking back at some stats, Isiah and Derrick both had shitty field goal percentages.

Dude, Isiah Thomas in his prime was averaging 14+ assist per game in the early 80's.

And in his championship era he was averaging between 16-18 points per game.

Also Isiah was not the only scoring option they had, there's Joe Dumars and Adrian Dantley shooting high percentages, even eclipsing Isiah many times....

Derrick Rose is going 25 & 7 assists this season alone.

I also did say he was still young and had the ability to excel in other areas of his game in the future. He has a high ceiling, so long as he keeps with his work ethic...

Whats the success rate for dominate shooting point guards that become NBA champions? I can't think of many IMO....

AirBrian

ph33nix said:
i don't want to spend 15 bucks on a burger and i'm not hauling ass from plano for that either

but great suggestion, i'll keep that in mind when i'm nearby. i'm actually looking for apartments nearby
You're back in Plano?

And Heart Attack Grill > *. We finally have on in Dallas.

THRILLH0

Banned
Derwind said:
Whats the success rate for dominate shooting point guards that become NBA champions? I can't think of many IMO....

Like I said, you're getting caught up on the 2 little letters next to his name in the program.

What's the success rate for guys going for 25/7 becoming NBA champions? Pretty damn high.

Derwind

AShep said:
Why are you so hung up on position? I can name you a bunch of guys who averaged 25/7 and won a chip. Sure Lebron and AI also put up those seasons but they're the exception.

Guys like Francis and Marbury never put up those stats but people seem happy to lump Rose in with them when in reality he's on another level.

Dude get off your fucking high horse, did I name any name's? No.

Have I even made one single comparison of Rose and those ball hogging scrubs?

I said the dude has potential but as a PG, its up to him to get his teammates into the game and hit them on their sweet spots considering he's the one controlling the transition of the ball and the offensive plays.

He brings up he ball, not Deng, Bogans, Boozer, Korver or whoever plays off of Roses offense...

AShep said:
Knock yourself out. Stockton, Kidd, CP3, Nash and Deron have a combined 65 seasons between them for a grand total of zero championships and 4 finals appearances. Slim pickings for the so-called gold standard of point guards wouldn't you say?

You are the one bringing up the hypothetical's not me. You still have yet to prove a single point....

AShep said:
Like I said, you're getting caught up on the 2 little letters next to his name in the program.

What's the success rate for guys going for 25/7 becoming NBA champions? Pretty damn high.

You're missing the point yourself, the PG is the one that is meant to bring up the ball, hit open men and set plays, not your C, not your PF, not your SF, not even your SG....

SUPREME1 said:
5 games and $25K sounds about right.

Good to see the league didn't give in to the crazy talk and go overboard. It was an elbow to his side. Get over it.

He didn't punch him or go for the head in any way. Little guy just happened to land awkwardly, which is the only reason it should be 5 games. If he lands on his feet it's a flagarant and $5K.

Remember that one time when that dude got elbowed in the side and the offender was suspended 5 games? Remember?

Well, neither do I. Because it doesn't happen.

Nah, Bynum has done this at least one time before and it's probably much more dangerous what he did than a punch.

All that force knocking a small guy from the air down to the ground.

Give me a break.

Blackface

Banned
That was a travel for sure, but who cares. Every star in the NBA travels. On some drives you would think Rose is running a marathon.

Remember at the start of the season when the NBA ref's were not reffing the game? And everyone was getting called for their travels and fouls?

People started to COMPLAIN. Saying the ref's were shit. They weren't. They just showed how average some stars become when they don't get super-star calls.

thekad

Banned
Black Mamba said:
Where's thekad on this? He tried to argue with me it wasn't a travel because of "contact."

Come on, man the fuck up and admit you were wrong. Blatant travel is blatant.

Except I was right. He traveled on the up and under because of contact. Neither you or I said he traveled on his drive into the lane.

You were wrong. Man the fuck up.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Nah, Bynum has done this at least one time before and it's probably much more dangerous what he did than a punch.

All that force knocking a small guy from the air down to the ground.

Give me a break.
The first time he did it against Gerald Wallace, it resulted in a collapsed lung and broken ribs. That's enough to charge him with assault. Gerald wasn't allowed to fly and had to take the Charlotte charter bus back to Charlotte from LA.

Blackface said:
That was a travel for sure, but who cares. Every star in the NBA travels. On some drives you would think Rose is running a marathon.

Find one instance where Rose has taken more than three steps.

He hardly ever takes more than two.

THRILLH0

Banned
Derwind said:
Dude get off your fucking high horse, did I name any name's? No.

Have I even made one single comparison of Rose and those ball hogging scrubs?

I said the dude has potential but as a PG, its up to him to get his teammates into the game and hit them on their sweet spots considering he's the one controlling the pall and the offensive plays.

He brings up he ball, not Deng, Bogans, Boozer, Korver or whoever plays off of Roses offense...

Wow dude, nice reaction. High horse? What are you talking about? You've been posting that guys like Rose don't win championships and i've been posting actual facts to the contrary. Quit acting like i'm insulting you.

You are the one bringing up the hypothetical's not me. You still have yet to prove a single point....

Again, what i've posted are facts. Those names and numbers are not "hypotheticals", they are facts. Facts that prove the point that "pure point guards" don't have any more of a chance at winning a championship than guys like Rose.

reilo said:
The first time he did it against Gerald Wallace, it resulted in a collapsed lung and broken ribs. That's enough to charge him with assault.

Yeah, you brought that up before and I can't recall it but now that you mention the injuries he suffered, I remember it somewhat.

I just remember the Beasley one for sure, same shit, about as cheapshot a foul as I have seen this year.

Vire

Black Mamba said:
Where's thekad on this? He tried to argue with me it wasn't a travel because of "contact."

Come on, man the fuck up and admit you were wrong. Blatant travel is blatant.

It's a blatant travel, but there were also plenty of blown calls in Boston's favor. The foul on Mario Chalmers vs Ray Allen was total horse shit and gave the Czz free throws, so it's a two way street. That should have been called though.

Baby Milo

I know it was a bitch move by Bynum... but the way he walked off the court was hard as hell.

sexual_chocolate.gif

thekad said:
Except I was right. He traveled on the up and under because of contact. Neither you or I said he traveled on his drive into the lane.

He travelled before the up and under(3 steps) AND afterwards.

Boy the fuck up.

reilo

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Yeah, you brought that up before and I can't recall it but now that you mention the injuries he suffered, I remember it somewhat.

I just remember the Beasley one for sure, same shit, about as cheapshot a foul as I have seen this year.
Can you imagine what would happen if this happened in an altercation on the street and it resulted in a collapsed lung and fractured ribs? That would be plenty to charge somebody with assault.

dream

I'm going to be disappointed if AShep doesn't kick off the 2011-2012 season
believe
with a Pimpwerxian breakdown of the entire Bulls roster with all the requisite hyperbole.

edit: omfg@Pristine_Condition's burger. I'm a total sucker for high end burgers. :(

ph33nix said:

You get fries with that, too. ;) Hand-cut, super-crispy fries...I think the chef uses duck fat. The burger itself is big. And the "Secret Sauce" and aged cheddars are the BOMB as well.

Here's a few images I took for a magazine a year or so ago...look at that burger... :drool

20110511-dfh2cyiix3dapst851wtc2881n.jpg

Yeah, i know it's $15. But it's a restaurant. But it's not stuffy. Don't worry, the crowd you see in the picture was there for dinner, not everybody wears a suit there...

Oh, and the drinks are yummy. Full bar.

Yeah, keep it in mind if you're in the neighborhood. It's real good.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
Derwind said:
Dude, Isiah Thomas in his prime was averaging 14+ assist per game in the early 80's.

And in his championship era he was averaging between 16-18 points per game.

Also Isiah was not the only scoring option they had, there's Joe Dumars and Adrian Dantley shooting high percentages, even eclipsing Isiah many times....

Derrick Rose is going 25 & 7 assists this season alone.

I also did say he was still young and had the ability to excel in other areas of his game in the future. He has a high ceiling, so long as he keeps with his work ethic...

I didn't say Isiah in his prime, i said during the same point in their careers.

Isiah
81-82 - 17.0 7.8 .424
82-83 - 22.9 7.8 .472
Now this is when Isiah goes nuts
83-84 21.3 11.1 .462
84-85 - 21.2 13.9 .458 WOW

Rose
08-09 16.8 6.3 .475
09-10 20.8 6.0 .481
10-11 25.8 7.7 .444

thekad said:

What the fuck are you talking about? Lebron's step through or as yo say up & under created the contact.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zvxIazBszYs&t=0m42s Look at the right foot.

It's a blatant travel, but there were also plenty of blown calls in Boston's favor. The foul on Mario Chalmers vs Ray Allen was total horse shit and gave the Czz free throws, so it's a two way street. That should have been called though.

I don't give a fuck about any of this. thekad tried to argue refs don't call that travel because contact forced the travel. Lebron clearly traveled by actively taking steps, not because of Pierce's defense.

Took 3 steps to a stop, then shuffled feet and tried a step-through. It's a travel that refs are supposed to always call. he is wrong.

reilo said:
Can you imagine what would happen if this happened in an altercation on the street and it resulted in a collapsed lung and fractured ribs? That would be plenty to charge somebody with assault.

Well, I have a problem with that comparison because whether just or not, when done in the field of play, it's not seen in the same light.

I do agree that Bynum got off way too easy for all three of them though.

Blackface

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Find one instance where Rose has taken more than three steps.

He hardly ever takes more than two.

Joke post? Rose is constantly traveling. Of course I am not going to find "evidence". Does some person upload every single play a player travels?

Just watch the fucking game. There is a video of Rose traveling on youtube in Game 3 against the pacers. He does it all the time. He travels as much or more then Lebron.

Every star travels. Get over it. officiating in the NBA is embarrassing.

Vire

Pristine_Condition said:
You get fries with that, too. ;) Hand-cut, super-crispy fries...I think the chef uses duck fat. The burger itself is big. And the "Secret Sauce" and aged cheddars are the BOMB as well.

Here's a few images I took for a magazine a year or so ago...look at that burger... :drool

Yeah, i know it's $15. But it's a restaurant. But it's not stuffy. Don't worry, the crowd you see in the picture was there for dinner, not everybody wears a suit there...

That looks fucking amazing...

I really need to go there sometime.

reilo

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Well, I have a problem with that comparison because whether just or not, when done in the field of play, it's not seen in the same light.

I do agree that Bynum got off way too easy for all three of them though.
Right, but I'm just trying to convey that if this wasn't on a professional basketball court, it would be punishable by the full extent of the law, no? It was that bad of a hit. That's why I'm saying that the five game suspension wasn't enough.

Derwind

AShep said:
Wow dude, nice reaction. High horse? What are you talking about? You've been posting that guys like Rose don't win championships and i've been posting actual facts to the contrary. Quit acting like i'm insulting you.

I said Iverson-esque performers don't win championships.

Fuck off, I didn't make a single argument with Rose at all!

Now, what facts are you talking about because I have yet to see one.

AShep said:
Again, what i've posted are facts. Those names and numbers are not "hypotheticals", they are facts. Facts that prove the point that "pure point guards" don't have any more of a chance at winning a championship than guys like Rose.

Its a fact they haven't won championship as players.

Its a hypothetical when you take 3 players with their lack of championship rings and correlate that with pass first PG's being not necessary for a championship run. Not a fact.

If thats not what you were trying to get at then they are just 3 players that haven't achieved a championship season....

End of story...

Now will you answer my question yet?

So Bynum will only be suspended for 5 games and fined for taking his jersey off? What a joke of a league.

The ESPN article doesn't even mention Gerald Wallace.

Derwind

Doc Holliday said:
I didn't say Isiah in his prime, i said during the same point in their careers.

Isiah
81-82 - 17.0 7.8 .424
82-83 - 22.9 7.8 .472
Now this is when Isiah goes nuts
83-84 21.3 11.1 .462
84-85 - 21.2 13.9 .458 WOW

Rose
08-09 16.8 6.3 .475
09-10 20.8 6.0 .481
10-11 25.8 7.7 .444

At the same points he does average a lot of assists and I'm saying Rose has the potential of being the same performer.

Pau Gasol offered more info on his much-scrutinized personal life Tuesday, referring to the burden on “my girlfriend” recently.
“It’s really not just unfair to me (but) my family … and my girlfriend, apparently,” Gasol said. “She’s been taking hits, which are absolutely false — all those stories.”

According to what I was hearing today, Pau and his girl haven't broken up. Everything about it has been false.

“My reality is I have a little bit of time to resolve things that need to be resolved” and “Find a little bit of peace and get myself together.”

Who knows what's going on. Maybe his girlfriend has cancer or something. Or maybe he has a hangnail. Impossible to know.

reilo said:
Right, but I'm just trying to convey that if this wasn't on a professional basketball court, it would be punishable by the full extent of the law, no? It was that bad of a hit. That's why I'm saying that the five game suspension wasn't enough.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

This Lakers' fan I talk to online who is not an unreasonable person at all said at least it showed he was aggressive, just at the wrong time of the game.

Bias because you can't defend at all shit like that if you pretend the guy isn't on your favorite team.

THRILLH0

Banned
dream said:
I'm going to be disappointed if AShep doesn't kick off the 2011-2012 season
believe
with a Pimpwerxian breakdown of the entire Bulls roster with all the requisite hyperbole.

Fuck off dream. You can keep trolling but what have I posted that contains a hint of hyperbole? I've copped to Rose and the Bulls struggling all playoffs. I posted that there was no way they were sweeping Atlanta and i've posted that improvements will have to be made for us to even make the finals.

Posters like you are the turd on the sole of this thread's shoe. Diehard and I disagree on shit every day but i'd hazard a guess that he recognises that I actually put some thought into my posts unlike drive-by trolls like you. Even though derwind and I might be a bit testy right now we're at least debating something in a rational way. You've made the second highest number of posts in this thread and at least 2 thirds of them are pointless attacks on other players and posters. Sadly that ratio is bound to rise after Boston goes home tomorrow.

PEACE.

reilo said:

Maybe in Pusslandia.

Darkman M

Pristine_Condition said:

20110511-dfh2cyiix3dapst851wtc2881n.jpg

Id pay $20 for that.

reilo

Black Mamba said:
Maybe in Pusslandia.
Really? If two people got into an argument, and one of them ended up hitting the other so hard that it collapsed their lung and fractured their ribs, you don't think that person would get arrested?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom