• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

giga

At least we have MVT.

hhZEI.jpg

diehard

Fleer
J2 Cool said:
So if Derrick Rose plays well, the strategy is to move to "how boring is he?". Fun game you guys play.
Media gives craploads of praise = no need to praise here. Think of GAF as a balancing force.

People are so high on Miami. I think that is actually great for the Bulls. Sweep gmab. For starters our PG has 2 arms, our best players aren't 1 or 2 years away from collecting their pensions, and we have a solid bench.

Mrbob

giga said:
Glad Bulls fans are accepting that they do get superstar calls now. I wish I knew the feeling.

I almost feel bad for Hawks fans. Years of talent squandered by never getting that final piece. Or a real head coach that had their talent playing team ball.

THRILLH0

Banned
giga said:
10-13 FTs for him is ok I guess. Efficient…eh.

What, we're not playing the X points on Y shots game any more? He'll need to step it up against the Heat if we get there but I think Bulls fans would be happy with his game tonight.

Shit, I hope that wasn't too inflammatory dream

Cloudy said:
Unless Rose gets 20 FTAs in some games (a distinct possibility), this Bulls team is gonna get rocked by Miami...

Just like they did regular season????

Oh wait, I forgot, they are a totally different team magically because it's the playoffs.

Taj and Derrick were the difference.

I loved Taj's aggressiveness on the offensive end as he can get it done, he just needs to assert himself on that side of the ball.

giri

Cloudy said:
Every Bulls win over the Heat has a huge *

- No LeBron
- Bosh 1-18
- Bogus fts for Deng

Heat in 6 if Rose gets every call as usual...
Ergh, no it doesn't.

For every disadvantage the heat had, the bulls had one too, no noah, no boozer, refs. It's a baseless argument.

thekad

Banned
Mrbob said:
Neither is anyone else in the NBA though. Being just good enough with a killer defense can be enough this year.

Not really. The Bulls couldn't win a 7 game series against any Western conference team this year.

Cloudy

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Oh wait, I forgot, they are a totally different team magically because it's the playoffs.

I loved Taj's aggressiveness on the offensive end as he can get it done, he just needs to assert himself on that side of the ball.

The Bulls are not gonna stop LeBron from giving a big FU to all his haters. Celtics or Lakers with HCA were the only obstacle

The Stealth Fox said:
Lakers were better and they got eliminated because they played in the Bestern Conference

Or maybe the Lakers just played like shit and aren't as good this year as everyone else thought they were.

I know they deserve respect but the excuses for that team never end.

In the regular season, they weren't caring.

In the playoffs, the West is just that great.

Sure the West seems better but no way the Heat, Bulls or even Celtics get swept by Dallas.

Dallas could beat all those teams though.

J2 Cool

giga said:
10-13 FTs for him is ok I guess. Efficient…eh.

For this team, with no other consistent weapons outside Rose for long stretches, you must be blind not to see the job Rose is doing for the Bulls.

11/24 (including a meaningless 3 w/ a 10pt lead @ 1:30 left) 33pts, 9ast 10/13ft 2to

Pretty damn good. He absolutely managed the game and got a pivotal win for his team.

Mrbob said:
I almost feel bad for Hawks fans. Years of talent squandered by never getting that final piece. Or a real head coach that had their talent playing team ball.

I thought their coach has been doing a good job. Biggest mistake he made was not playing Teague before this series. It's just a unique group of guys, I don't know if there's anymore a coach can do.

verbum

Mrbob said:

The joy of ownership by the Atlanta Spirit LLC, a group of executives with different opinions. The whole team has always been casual and never seemed to have the "fire in the belly" needed to advance. I think potential coaches are scared of interference by the owners. And they blew their wad on Joe Johnson who has a habit of taking the night off at the worst times.
42 years in Atlanta and the team has never won a championship, the Cubs of the NBA without the love.

Vire

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Hasn't the Boston series proved that they are a different team now? Boston dominated them in the regular season...

Get real, the Heat are going to be a tough adversary for the Bulls.

punkypine

AShep said:
What, we're not playing the X points on Y shots game any more? He'll need to step it up against the Heat if we get there but I think Bulls fans would be happy with his game tonight.

Shit, I hope that wasn't too inflammatory dream
He played a really good game today, but I still wouldn't tout efficiency until he has a game shooting atleast over 50%. (If he didn't shoot 5 3's, his shooting would be 10/19... seriously, its the worst part of his game, especially when he jacks them up early to middle of shot clock or off the dribble)

But 9 assists/2 TO are the kinds of #'s the team needs if they wanna beat miami

Vire said:
Hasn't the Boston series proved that they are a different team now? Boston dominated them in the regular season...

Get real, the Heat are going to be a tough adversary for the Bulls.

Never said once the Bulls wouldn't have problems with the Heat, I just know they can play with them.

Maybe not with how they are playing now though but if they start having better games.

verbum

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Never said once the Bulls wouldn't have problems with the Heat, I just know they can play with them.

Maybe not with how they are playing now though but if they start having better games.

That's true for every team.

giga

J2 Cool said:
For this team, with no other consistent weapons outside Rose for long stretches, you must be blind not to see the job Rose is doing for the Bulls.

11/24 (including a meaningless 3 w/ a 10pt lead @ 1:30 left) 33pts, 9ast 10/13ft 2to

Pretty damn good. He absolutely managed the game and got a pivotal win for his team.
It was a joke about the number of freethrows he took.

Vire

I think people are foolish to claim that the Heat would sweep the Bulls, however I think they can take em in 6. Bulls will win a few based off home court advantage alone and Rose getting to the line 28 times...

Tonight is what you can expect to face. Solid performances from Deng and company, with Rose leading the pack.

thekad said:
Bulls have no switch. This is who they are.

You haven't watched the Bulls much if you think this is the best they can do.

They've only had a few really good playoff games(game 5 with the Pacers and game 3 in this series though Rose was playing out of his mind in that one).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom