• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Vilam said:
Instantly canceled out by acting like a massive d-bag. Can't wait for the Heat to stomp them again.
A Miami fan is complaining about another team featuring douchebags? You can't write this shit.

Bread

Banned
aktham said:
This thread has a lot of idiots. Just because some don't post here play by = who are you? and lifelong responses. Lebron and D-Wade are 2 of the most popular stars in the NBA, why the fuck are you surprised that some are happy for them?

Seriously STFU and stay salty

Edit:

Bulls don't stand a chance. Mavericks could upset the Heat.
People that don't post here all season and come in here to talk shit deserve to be shit on.

Vestal said:
Id say Grizz and Mavs. Randolph and Gasol will pose problems, but I don't know if their perimeter players can keep bron and wade at bay. As far as Dallas, they are just extremely compared to Miami.

The Grizz are mostly about ball denial and playing passing lanes. That doesn't effect the Heat (Or Hawks) at all.

Sanjuro

thekad said:
How many of those games did they have Shaq?

How many .500+ teams did they beat w/ this current squad?
Probably a bunch and a decent amount. Shaq playing at a level he did early would have been huge, just didn't work out that way. Like reilo pointed out, Tony Allen was probably one of the biggest losses. Our team was stitched together. The way Miami beat us Perkins would not have been a major factor. Allen could have come off the bench and covered anybody on this Heat team.

jman2050

Dudes, acting like the Celtics were some terrible team that lucked their way into the second round just to knock the Heat down a peg isn't the right way to go about this. Both teams have major problems that they had to deal with when facing each other.

Derwind

MiamiWesker said:
Except it was ALL OF YOU that said we had no chance against the Celtics all year... And its all of you that said we have no chance against the Bulls. And of course NO chance to win it all. Lets see.

You do remember why they favoured Boston though right? At the time the Celtics had the advantage at the Center position, which they don't now. =(

Still, I don't remember anyone saying they had "no chance" more like, they have to get through them at some point before before the Triple-L's can daydream about a championship.

You guys have my permission to daydream.

=)

Vestal

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
The Grizz are mostly about ball denial and playing passing lanes. That doesn't effect the Heat (Or Hawks) at all.

True but the Two towers of Memphis will be clogging up the lane, at the same time they will have their way with bosh and Anthony/Iggy on the offensive end.

Pkaz01

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Heat can not stop zbo and gasol no way in hell. Inside domination all series for the grizz.

punkypine

The Chosen One said:
It was a great accomplishment beating a team that had a one-armed PG for over half the series and an injury riddled bench. Not to mention the Perkins trade that completely FUBARed team chemistry.

This was not the same Celtics from last year. Yet the Heat players are prancing around like they just won the championship. They're going to be in for a rude surprise when they realize the remaining teams are far more healthy and more athletic than the Celtics.

Fuck the Heat anyway. You guys had to teamup two superstars and a perenial all-star in their primes just to take out the Boston Geriatrics. Outside of Wade, the Heat are filled with pussys. Pussy Bosh and Pussy Lebron. Lebron wouldn't have even been in the position to dagger the Celts if Wade hadn't carried the team for 3 quarters.

Lebron gets Kudos for playing well for a quarter and a half? Really? Fuck that. Fuck that no one is calling him out on his uneven inconsistent performance tonight. It's easy to pose for a couple of 3 point daggers when Wade carried your ass the whole game.

The Celtics should have exposed the Heat, but it just wasn't going to happen with Rondo playing with one arm and with the age of the rest of the vets. It seems like they kept getting gassed in the 4th quarters all series long.

stop being so bitter, Kobe plays a good game for 4 quarters every 3rd season these days and still gets tons of hype. KG has been mediocre for 2 years now and is still hyped up. Go look up some of Jordans games when he was winning titles... mediocre shooting %, hits the game winners, legendary game. thats how it works, stop crying about it

you play yourself as the logical one all the time, so be logical for 2 god damn seconds, acknowledge that he had a good ending to the game, and root for them to lose the next round instead of desperately cling to the hope that people will somehow realize this series was a fraud

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Probably a bunch and a decent amount. Shaq playing at a level he did early would have been huge, just didn't work out that way. Like reilo pointed out, Tony Allen was probably one of the biggest losses. Our team was stitched together. The way Miami beat us Perkins would not have been a major factor. Allen could have come off the bench and covered anybody on this Heat team.

Would a healthy Shaq (ie before January) been a major factor?

Seda said:
Most everyone is saying the Heat are gonna steamroll the Bulls

Now, sure. But before, holy hell. NBA-GAF had the Heat losing in the first round to like the Bucks or something. Crows are going to be an endangered species by the end of these playoffs.

Sanjuro

friskykillface said:
Jeff Green isn't worthy enough to wear #8, he disrespected Antoines number

We need Walter McCarty back, dat WALTTTEERR
I may be wrong, but I've always had a soft spot for Antoine. I bought his fucking basketball sneakers back in the day. Before he got fat, guy was a baller for a while.

Bread

Banned
jman2050 said:
Dudes, acting like the Celtics were some terrible team that lucked their way into the second round just to knock the Heat down a peg isn't the right way to go about this. Both teams have major problems that they had to deal with when facing each other.
I don't think that anyone's saying they were terrible, they were just a team basically handicapped by the front office.

Black Mamba said:

A healthy Shaq would have been a big factor. We had no inside game at all.

Celtics have not been the same team since Perk left. Its the fucking truth.

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
Shaq when healthy has more game and intelligence than Perkins will ever have. Allen was a soldier and the only reason we stayed alive in the finals last year guarding Kobe, he would have done the same in this series.

And I'm a Antoine Walker/LeBron James/Lucky fan.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I may be wrong, but I've always had a soft spot for Antoine. I bought his fucking basketball sneakers back in the day. Before he got fat, guy was a baller for a while.
Walker needed somebody to kick his ass for attempting 3s when he was younger. Instead he got paid.

aktham

YuriLowell said:
STFU and get out.

You post twice all fucking year.

Must have been at all those sellout games.

I'm too busy going to some of the games. You stay hatin' bitter scrub LOL

Edit: excuse me for having a life and not posting play by play

Bread

Banned
Black Mamba said:
I think so, they've been forced to play Baby at C a lot in the playoffs, Shaq would have been a huge upgrade if he was playing at that early season level.

Sanjuro

YuriLowell said:
I blame the stupid fucking owners at the time.
I always heard about racism in Boston. I was never exposed to it in my generation, but I'm pretty sure ML Carr could have caused me to hate black people.

And I'm a Dino Raja fan.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

Antonie was awesome , I remember some person wrote "Antonie was traded! What the fuck" in high school on a chalk board when it happened.

I loved that guy, never forgot" the big 4" of Gary Payton,Antonie Walker, Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis lol :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
d39Fu.png

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Shaq when healthy has more game and intelligence than Perkins will ever have. Allen was a soldier and the only reason we stayed alive in the finals last year guarding Kobe, he would have done the same in this series.

And I'm a Antoine Walker/LeBron James/Lucky fan.

So the answer is yes.

If Shaq is starting, is the bench unit better with JO backing him up rather than Baby?

friskykillface said:
Antonie was awesome , I remember some person wrote "Antonie was traded! What the fuck" in high school on a chalk board when it happened.

I loved that guy, never forgot" the big 4" of Gary Payton,Antonie Walker, Paul Pierce and Ricky Davis lol :p

They could take on anything!

Except the Nets.

TheFatOne

dream said:
Well, they did need a backup for Pierce once Quis went down. It was just a really fucked up way of getting one.

I always thought of Shaq as the backup option until Perk came back. Ainge obviously knew better. Obviously.

It's true that the Celtics needed a backup for Pierce, but should never trade starters for backups. Just sucks to see Ainge kill a team half way into the season

Sanjuro

Black Mamba said:
So the answer is yes.

If Shaq is starting, is the bench unit better with JO backing him up rather than Baby?
Baby would have gotten minutes over JO in all probabilities in the argument that Shaq was healthy. JO would been told to get the surgery done.

TheFatOne said:
It's true that the Celtics needed a backup for Pierce, but should never trade starters for backups. Just sucks to see Ainge kill a team half way into the season

Why the fuck didnt anyone go, "Danny WTF are you doing and slap him back to reality?"

Derwind

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
I always heard about racism in Boston. I was never exposed to it in my generation, but I'm pretty sure ML Carr could have caused me to hate black people.

And I'm a Dino Raja fan.

funny-gifs-not-cool-bro.gif

Not cool bro....

aktham said:
I'm too busy going to some of the games. You stay hatin' bitter scrub LOL

Edit: excuse me for having a life and not posting play by play

Me too brah, you tell these fools. Been a Heat hardcore since 1984 myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom