• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ninjimbo

cuevas said:
that championship doesn't mean much I guess...
It's a great moment for the Heat and especially for Lebron. As fans, we don't have to care about the championship right now. We're just enjoying this phenomenal finish to a great game.

Someone get a pic of Lebron's face when he hit that second three. That was some cold-blooded shit.

MPW

Black Mamba said:
K3eii.png

Dat Boston bench.

As I called at the time of the trade, it was their demise.

LMAO! wtf was celtics gm thinking?

YuriLowell said:
They could take on anything!

Except the Nets.

Dat 4th quarter comeback against the Nets

It could have been Celtics vs Lakers in 2002! We wouldn't have got swept like the nets, we would have won at least 1 game B^)

Sanjuro

Derwind said:
funny-gifs-not-cool-bro.gif

Not cool bro....
The point is I don't. I never saw him play. I was raised to see all the legends grow old, retire, or die. Then I was stuck with ML Carr and some of the worst scrubs I will never forget.

And I'm a Eric Montross fan.

TheFatOne

YuriLowell said:
Why the fuck didnt anyone go, "Danny WTF are you doing and slap him back to reality?"

I don't have any idea why Ainge pulled the trigger on the trade. The trade never made any sense to me. The trade didn't make the team better in the future, and it didn't help the Celtics in the short term. Just mind boggling

YuriLowell said:
Perk from last year. Oh yes.

This year Perk, maybe.

Still would have been nice to have a another big body/enforcer who could rotate on defense.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
The point is I don't. I never saw him play. I was raised to see all the legends grow old, retire, or die. Then I was stuck with ML Carr and some of the worst scrubs I will never forget.

You leave Dana Barros out of this!

dream

I go to throw a steak on the grill and miss the entire Ray Allen thing at the press conference and comes back to Chris Bosh. That just sums up the rest of the post season for me.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Another OT game tonight? I see whoever takes this series being beat the fuck up for the next round.

The Frankman said:
as a long LONGTIME Raptors fan I am shocked at all these bandwagon Miami fans flooding in and talking shit.

shocked, AND APPALLED.
Appalled? How do u think it makes me feel that these numbnuts are suddenly posting now that the heat advance?
And me being a mavs fan since the 80s. I am disgusted by these fairweather heatfans

Sanjuro

YuriLowell said:
You leave Dana Barros out of this!
Barros Jr:Dad, come on dad! Try and block me! Why are you covering me beyond the three point line.

Barros: Son, I died when you were born and I'm a ghost. If I play inside the three-point line you I will go to heaven and you will never see me again.

Barros Jr: LOLDAD, I got basketball-reference on my iPhone!

Barros: :'( ForeverAThree.

Anyway, good series by the Celtics, even though it only went 5 games they still played great even with crazy injuries. They are still the better complete team and this series would have gone 7 if they were healthy.

As for the Heat its basically what some of us thought way back when this started. Those three players alone are enough to win a championship. The rest of this team is garbage, its becoming more and more apparent as we get deeper into these playoffs. We play great team defense so I give the coaching staff and players credit for that but on offense its basically a three man show. While parts of me still wonders if something like that could win it all, what I am seeing is that when it comes down to a series its going to be extremely hard to stop those guys in multiple games. I can understand why many purists hate this team, we are kind of slapping the face of team play. If this works and I think it will we will start seeing copy cat teams all over (some credit to Boston as they were the first to do it like this). There will be like 7 teams that hold all the superstars, its going to be crazy.

TheFatOne

The thing that killed the Celtics is that they didn't have another guy at the end of games. Baby has been solid as that guy, but this year he was garbage. Kristic/Green weren't any better. Same problem they had last year half court offense sucked.

Vestal

siddx said:
Another OT game tonight? I see whoever takes this series being beat the fuck up for the next round.

This is ridiculous.. just back and forth back and forth... Physical at both ends.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Based on playoff performances? Not much.

Well, Perk's rebounding has been a lot better. And Boston basically lost games on the rebounds, including tonight.

I go to throw a steak on the grill and miss the entire Ray Allen thing at the press conference and comes back to Chris Bosh. That just sums up the rest of the post season for me.

NBATV still on Spoelstra. Ray Ray still to come.

Derwind

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:

ML Carr still has two more rings than Lebron, at least be happy about that.... :p

Pkaz01

I can't wait until the heat in a sweep in the finals. I've been a chris bosh fan ever since he came into the league and i've watched basketball since the 70s

Coach Spoelstra is the best in the league.

We all Ready won!

PEACE.

Vestal

Pkaz01 said:
I can't wait until the heat in a sweep in the finals. I've been a chris bosh fan ever since he came into the league and i've watched basketball since the 70s

We all Ready won!

PEACE.

TheFatOne

MiamiWesker said:
There will be like 7 teams that hold all the superstars, its going to be crazy.

I really doubt something like this will happen. IMO the new deal will have a hard cap. There is just no way the league can function like it is now with these crazy ass salaries.

Pkaz01 said:

We all Ready won!

PEACE.

Fake account confirmed.

The league has to have a new CBA it simply cannot function the way its setup now.

Bread

Banned
Pkaz01 said:

We all Ready won!

PEACE.
10/10

Sanjuro

Pkaz01 said:

We all Ready won!

PEACE.
Welcome to NBA-Age. You will find us the friendliest bunch out of the sporting boards here.

And I'm a LeBron fan.

viakado said:
Appalled? How do u think it makes me feel that these numbnuts are suddenly posting now that the heat advance?
And me being a mavs fan since the 80s. I am disgusted by these fairweather heatfans
Seriously. I go back to the days of Tony Massenburg, Willie Anderson, Doug Christie, and Damon Stoudemire. And these Heatle fans just show up like they running this shit. Doesn't this just irk a Dallas fan like you???

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I love following NBA-GAF, simply because if I'm not watching a game with someone else you guys provide great entertainment alongside it (especially for the playoffs). But some of you get a little ridiculous with your attachments to these teams (from what I can read only). Not only that, but the amount of "Who Are You's?" that show up all the time (I know, I'll get the same thing since I only follow, and not post in this topic) are just silly. If someone wants to support a team, even if they don't always post here or even are just new fans of the game, what the fuck is the problem with that? It makes no sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom