• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

...........Imma try and hold in my excitement but that was some masterful exucution down the stretch. Gotta re-watch the end later tonight. Amazing

On another note, those slow starts are gonna bite us in the ECF.

J2 Cool

dream said:
In all seriousness, Coach Spo has always struck me as a cool dude and it's nice to see him deal with all the shit he took earlier in the season and still come out a winner.

If you like nice dudes, then you'll love a certain player on the Bulls.

The M.O.B said:
...........Imma try and hold in my excitement but that was some masterful exucution down the stretch. Gotta re-watch the end later tonight. Amazing

not if you get to play Atlanta. If that happens, book Miami's ticket to the Finals.

Against the Mavs (most likely), it should be a fucking battle.

The M.O.B said:

Let it out, its ok. :p

Yes I was thinking the same in the first quarter. There is still a lot that frustrates me about this team but I think I am starting to see that it doesn't matter, we can still win this whole thing warts and all.

Stat Flow said:
I love following NBA-GAF, simply because if I'm not watching a game with someone else you guys provide great entertainment alongside it (especially for the playoffs). But some of you get a little ridiculous with your attachments to these teams (from what I can read only). Not only that, but the amount of "Who Are You's?" that show up all the time (I know, I'll get the same thing since I only follow, and not post in this topic) are just silly. If someone wants to support a team, even if they don't always post here or even are just new fans of the game, what the fuck is the problem with that? It makes no sense.

If you don't post during the season, then why post now? Just because you won? So what are you contributing in this case? Like we don't know fans of teams are happy their team won?

Pkaz01

Thunder lose jump ball. Lets try this again until they get it. Fuck yea officiating. Happy i'm a heat fan i dont have to worry about this shit.

Tom Penny

Stat Flow said:
I love following NBA-GAF, simply because if I'm not watching a game with someone else you guys provide great entertainment alongside it (especially for the playoffs). But some of you get a little ridiculous with your attachments to these teams (from what I can read only). Not only that, but the amount of "Who Are You's?" that show up all the time (I know, I'll get the same thing since I only follow, and not post in this topic) are just silly. If someone wants to support a team, even if they don't always post here or even are just new fans of the game, what the fuck is the problem with that? It makes no sense.

I knows. It's lame. I get shit all the time for being a Lakers, Green Bay, SF Giants and Black Hawks fan.

punkypine

Tom Penny said:
I knows. It's lame. I get shit all the time for being a Lakers, Green Bay, SF Giants and Black Hawks fan.
I know what you mean. Life ain't easy as a Steelers, Yankees, Lakers, and Red Wings fan

Stat Flow said:
except most bandwagoners don't show up to support their team. they show up to shittalk on other teams. As a LONGTIME repper of the Toronto Raptors, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Cincinnati Reds on GAF I've seen it every single year since 2007. Now I'll admit NBA-GAF is way too troll-ish, but the bandwagoners aren't helping themselves when their 1st post is like "WOOOOOOOO YOU TEAM SUCKS BALLZ WOHOOOOO MY TEAM FOREVER!!!!!!!!!"

Pkaz01

It seems like the grizz do better when they are down and the thunder try and waste time anyway so this might not be all bad.

Sanjuro

The Frankman said:
except most bandwagoners don't show up to support their team. they show up to shittalk on other teams. As a LONGTIME repper of the Raptors on GAF I've seen it every single year since 2007. Now I'll admit NBA-GAF is way too troll-ish, but the bandwagoners aren't helping themselves when their 1st post is like "WOOOOOOOO YOU TEAM SUCKS BALLZ WOHOOOOO MY TEAM FOREVER!!!!!!!!!"
WOOOOOOO KNICKS SUCKS BALLZ WOHOOOOO MY TEAM IS FOREVER YOUNG I WANT THEM TO BE FORRRREEVER YOUUUNGGGG!!!!

Baby Milo

aktham said:
I'm too busy going to some of the games. You stay hatin' bitter scrub LOL

Edit: excuse me for having a life and not posting play by play
tell em dude

haterstotheleft2yepq.gif

DCX

DCX
Stat Flow said:

The problem is the way the posts come in.
Rarely you get " longtime lurker, but man this was a good series, glad team x made it through, team y played us hard, on to the next round " we get " hatzers die, fuck yall, how my ass tastes, championship hur we come, been a fan since before the team was created, fuck yall "

I'm sure if i post in MLB age, i would be considered a "lifelong" even though i am a lifelong Yankees fan, i don't post because i feel i haven't earned enough cred in that thread.. slowly i post in the off season, rarely during the season.

To me, if you're a fan..then post..not when your team wins, but when your team loses, when your team's star does something stupid and when your team wins a championship.

DCX

The Frankman said:
Seriously. I go back to the days of Tony Massenburg, Willie Anderson, Doug Christie, and Damon Stoudemire. And these Heatle fans just show up like they running this shit. Doesn't this just irk a Dallas fan like you???
certainly, i mean i've struggled watching my beloved mavericks since the 80's.
now that they're doing well, people will think im just a fairweather fan.
smh. they're ruining it for everyone.

Vire

The Frankman said:
except most bandwagoners don't show up to support their team. they show up to shittalk on other teams. As a LONGTIME repper of the Toronto Raptors, St. Louis Rams, Tampa Bay Lightning, and Cincinnati Reds on GAF I've seen it every single year since 2007. Now I'll admit NBA-GAF is way too troll-ish, but the bandwagoners aren't helping themselves when their 1st post is like "WOOOOOOOO YOU TEAM SUCKS BALLZ WOHOOOOO MY TEAM FOREVER!!!!!!!!!"

Seriously, Boston should be respected. That was a brutal win...gg

Lebron was truly incredible in the final minutes. Skip Bayless probably died of a heart attack after the second three.

The Frankman said:
Seriously. I go back to the days of Tony Massenburg, Willie Anderson, Doug Christie, and Damon Stoudemire. And these Heatle fans just show up like they running this shit. Doesn't this just irk a Dallas fan like you???

Back off Craptor scum. I've been Heat faithful since we ran Shaq, Penny Hardaway, Nick Anderson, Horace Grant and Dwyane Wade together. Would've won teh goddamn title if the refs didn't giftwrap you guys that ECF victory.

Chris Bosh is really one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or of America, but of the history of western civilization.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
I think I'm going to fucking throw up. I don't want to watch OKC roll over the Grizz....

punkypine said:
stop being so bitter, Kobe plays a good game for 4 quarters every 3rd season these days and still gets tons of hype. KG has been mediocre for 2 years now and is still hyped up. Go look up some of Jordans games when he was winning titles... mediocre shooting %, hits the game winners, legendary game. thats how it works, stop crying about it

So you're comparing a 30-something year-old KG, Kobe, and Jordan to a 25 year-old Lebron? If Lebron can't play a consistent series in his prime, then he has problems.

It was extremely rare for a prime Jordan, Kobe, and KG to have such uneven performances as Lebron over a series. Lebron has consistently disappeared for nearly half the series against formidable teams going all the way back to '07 when he kept swept in the Finals.

you play yourself as the logical one all the time, so be logical for 2 god damn seconds, acknowledge that he had a good ending to the game, and root for them to lose the next round instead of desperately cling to the hope that people will somehow realize this series was a fraud

When did I say he didn't have a good ending? That was precisely my point. He managed to play good for about a quarter and a half while Wade bailed him out the previous quarters. In fact, if you go back several dozen pages, I called it at half-time that Lebron would turn it up in the final quarter after being trash early on.

Oh and I will be rooting for the Heat's demise next round. I never said this series was a fraud but it's not exactly worthy of chest-thumping and parade floats either. The Celtics are old and banged up and DIDN'T have homecourt... I expect Bosh to act like an idiot but it was amusing to see Lebron act like this second round was the freakin Finals. Goes to show how much the Celtics were in his feeble mind.

dream

@ESPNForsberg Glen Davis says he wants to be a starter. Said he'd like to come back to Boston, but clearly wants larger role. 36 minutes ago
@ESPNForsberg Glen Davis says he wants to be a starter. Said he'd like to come back to Boston, but clearly wants larger role. 36 minutes ago

Pkaz01

Red Blaster said:
Chris Bosh is really one of the true marvels, not just of basketball, or of America, but of the history of western civilization.
He is easily a future hall of famer. They might give kobe the honor of having chris bosh there if he ever gets in. I could write an essay about all the great things bosh has done for the nba and for the world.

Sanjuro

dream said:
wCLLN.jpg

Red Blaster said:
Back off Craptor scum. I've been Heat faithful since we ran Shaq, Penny Hardaway, Nick Anderson, Horace Grant and Dwyane Wade together. Would've won teh goddamn title if the refs didn't giftwrap you guys that ECF victory.

Seriously, Canada's economy went south the minute we lost a great humanitarian... nay, A GREAT VISIONARY... like Chris Bosh. He dominated a game like no other. I wish things could've been different so we could've had Damon Stoudemire, healthy T-Man, Vince Carter, Bosh, and young Marcus Camby. Man we would've run shit! Chris Bosh as the #1 option would've had a triple double every game.

dream said:

OH GOD. NO PLEASE NO. GOD NOOOOOOOO.

He is the celtics Dice-K.

dream said:
doc-rivers-o.gif

giri

dream said:
By larger, he just means, eat more.

aktham

YuriLowell said:
I don't even know what that is.

Im glad we resorted to the HEY I HAVE A LIFE HUR DUR, defense.

Good one.

Im hurt, really hurt.

Just looked up YuriLowell

STEP ASIDE GUYS!!! Let the anime expert explain Basket-Ball to us.

SamuraiX-

aktham said:
I'm too busy going to some of the games. You stay hatin' bitter scrub LOL

Edit: excuse me for having a life and not posting play by play

Oooooooh, a lifelong LLL with an inferiority complex.

Never seen one of these before.

dream said:

He has seriously been trolling the Celtics organization since he came in the league. Send his ass to Toronto and let him show us all how we're clearly underestimating the shit out of his fatfuck bitch ass.

Sanjuro

aktham said:
Just looked up YuriLowell

STEP ASIDE GUYS!!! Let the anime expert explain Basket-Ball to us.
Just looked up aktham

STEP ASIDE GUYS!!! Let the terrorist expert explain Basket-Ball to us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom