• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Mmm that game was orgasmic. There's nothing quite as pleasurable as watching a Boston team get beat down by Miami.

Cipherr

SamuraiX- said:
No way Wade or Jones have games like this again.

Boston in 5.

I dunno, where the hell was Lebron or Bosh? No where. IMO both teams played pretty mediocre today. I cant call this shit for either of them after this game.

Amory

Ninja Scooter said:
I think Lebron is a douche, and the "Decision" was mad douchy, but KG is a douche too. Pierce gives off douche vibes from time to time. I don't hate him for going to Miami. I don't blame him for ditching Cleveland. Even though I think it hurts his legacy in the long run, I don't care anymore that he left to team up with Wade and potentially become a 2nd banana. People hating over that stuff and saying he doesn't deserve to ever win a ring, some of that is irrational.

I don't hate lebron james at all, and im a celtics fan. A lot of people still like lebron. I just think it's ridiculous that he gave up the chance to be 'the guy' by going to miami. I used to love watching him play, now i look at him and can't even understand how he's wearing that jersey. Just looks wrong.

It's funny hearing Boston fans complaining about the refs, as if you guys didn't win a title just 3 years ago under these same crappy refs and system in place. Yeah, back when Leon Powe was shooting 20 free throws in a Finals game, I'm sure the refs weren't crooked back then, this only started recently, just like Manny only started using steroids AFTER he left Boston and got to LA.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
I must have missed the gallops of the bandwagon pass me by earlier today.

Doomsayer said:
Aren't you a Thunder fan? I'm confused.

Well yeah, but before they came over I didn't care for Sonics. The Mavs were actually the team that I started watching when I got into basketball like 11 years ago though, and I've been watching them since.

thekad

Banned
I'm surprised by how much better the Heat were than the Celtics this game. Rondo needs to step up being defending by Bibby.

numble

jCXEU.jpg

What's the deal with Heat fans? Who are these people?

Wade pretty much made it clear that he wants to win. Still can't see him keeping it up for the three games. I'm going to say Heat in six.

Great win but it's just one. We have to take care of home court. Wade was spectacular, Jones on fire and Celtics still hung in. What a great series this will be.

Duki

Banned
Amory Blaine said:
i'm glad people are still saying this. they said it last year and the c's did alright.
they were saying this in the regular season when they went .5 after the asb

not when you struggled in the playoffs for two games against carmelo anthony and the smush parker all-stars and then got your teeth kicked in by the heat

lmao we lost games last year too so obviously we're going to the finals

I still stand by the theory that Pierce getting thrown out was good for the Celtics. Lets be honest, with or without Paul they were going to lose this game today. Whether it was by 8 or by 18, they were going to lose. Had Paul not gotten tossed, the story would have just been about how bad the Celtics looked, how they got out-everything'd and looked like they would have zero chance to play with Miami. That's still part of the story, but now Pierce getting ejected takes some of the story over the next couple of days, and the Celtics players, who thrive on things like that, get to create this artificial story to pump themselves up.

LovingSteam said:
I do think Boston comes back to win game 2. They will now have a chip on their shoulders and I don't see them having a first half like they did today not to mention Jones isn't having a repeat performance of game 1. But then again Stern wants his Bron Bron to become the second coming of MJ so...

Yeah, Boston played like trash in the first half. Jones played out of his mind. And Pierce was thrown out.

Ray Ray was pretty much the only Celtic who showed up to play offense today. I like Boston's chances in game 2 if Rondo can play better. When Rondo is putting up near triple double numbers while keeping his turnovers low, the Heat aren't going to beat the Czz.

My Grizzlies in 6 prediction looks awesome.

My Celtics in 5 prediction looks bad. I forgot about how much Rondo and Green suck thanks to how much the Knicks' suck.

Amory Blaine said:
I don't hate lebron james at all, and im a celtics fan. A lot of people still like lebron. I just think it's ridiculous that he gave up the chance to be 'the guy' by going to miami. I used to love watching him play, now i look at him and can't even understand how he's wearing that jersey. Just looks wrong.

I will never understand this I must be the man ego crap you guys worship. A man decided to do what he thought was the best chance to be a champion, which is the reason to play. How dare someone be unselfish to win.

NomarTyme

The Chosen One said:
Yeah, Boston played like trash in the first half. Jones played out of his mind. And Pierce was thrown out.

Ray Ray was pretty much the only Celtic who showed up to play offense today. I like Boston's chances in game 2 if Rondo can play better. When Rondo is putting up near triple double numbers while keeping his turnovers low, the Heat aren't going to beat the Czz.
I don't see Rondo changing his suckiness because he hasn't shown it in any of the game against the heat. He has 37% shooting percentage against the heat this season.

Puddles

Banned
Cipherr said:
I dunno, where the hell was Lebron or Bosh? No where. IMO both teams played pretty mediocre today. I cant call this shit for either of them after this game.

Lebron played the way he always does against the Celtics. There's room for Bosh to improve, I'll give you that, but I don't expect Wade/Jones to be as good either.

Celtics win this game if Stern doesn't put in the call and Wade doesn't go Masked Rider Super Gold.

Amory

Duki said:
they were saying this in the regular season when they went .5 after the asb

not when you struggled in the playoffs for two games against carmelo anthony and the smush parker all-stars and then got your teeth kicked in by the heat

lmao we lost games last year too so obviously we're going to the finals

For two games i guess would be the key words of your first point. They started off slow (and still won the games), I'll give you that, but they played well in the last 2 in NYC.

As far as getting our "teeth kicked in" by the heat, the celtics played terribly and lost to a good team. We won't play poorly in game 2.

SamuraiX-

GremlinFool said:
Jeff Green was the worst player out on the court at all times.

Why does this guy still have a job?

Big Baby would like a fucking word with you.

-21 +/- rating?

Go fucking off yourself you useless bag of shit.

MiamiWesker said:
I will never understand this I must be the man ego crap you guys worship. A man decided to do what he thought was the best chance to be a champion, which is the reason to play. How dare someone be unselfish to win.

I just don't care. So he's not a sociopath competitor like Kobe/Jeffrey/Bird, ect...so what? He won't be remembered as great as those guys in the long run, but he's probably ok with that. Better than pretending he's something he's not.

Vire

Cipherr said:
Mediocre? Are you kidding me? Wade had 38, Jones had 25 and Lebron had 23. They held Rondo to a measly 8 points even though they have the clear advantage at the PG position. The defense was stifling at times. You must not watch basketball often...

Ninja Scooter said:
I just don't care. So he's not a sociopath competitor like Kobe/Jeffrey/Bird, ect...so what? He won't be remembered as great as those guys in the long run, but he's probably ok with that. Better than pretending he's something he's not.

Well at least we can take solace in knowing that those kids born today shouldn't be able to put LeBron in their GOAT list.

esquire

Has waited diligently to think of something to say before making this post
Nice work but I have some concern that if Pierce was in the whole time, Boston would've been much more deadly in the fourth. Oh well, can't dwell on ifs, ands or buts. Win's a win.

MiamiWesker said:

Cuz the douche was talking about how he would bring a title to Cleveland and shit, then bolts because it's too hard.

SamuraiX-

Vire said:
Mediocre? Are you kidding me? Wade had 38, Jones had 25 and Lebron had 23. They held Rondo to a measly 8 points even though they have the clear advantage at the PG position. The defense was stifling at times. You must not watch basketball often...

smh...

StickSoldier said:
Cuz the douche was talking about how he would bring a title to Cleveland and shit, then bolts because it's too hard.

Well its not like he had any help or his team had the best record 2 years in a row. Had that happened then he wouldn't have a right to complain.

threenote

Banned
Ninja Scooter said:
Indeed. He's DWADE's bitch.

Puddles

Banned
I just don't want to see King Crab Robert Horry his way to multiple titles and fool sportswriters into calling him a top 20 player of all time two decades from now. The players who currently make up the top 20 don't deserve that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom