• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duki

Banned
Amory Blaine said:
This mentality is silly. Just because people don't post in this thread regularly doesn't automatically invalidate their opinion. Judge based on what they say, not how often they post.
yeah you would say that

:3

Ninja Scooter said:
People have been calling him "King" since he was 14 years old. Of course he's going to have an overinflated ego, as if Wade and other NBA stars don't? Nowadays most of these great NBA players have been coddled since their AAU days. And LBJ DID win with that roster. He took garbage to 60 wins. You are crazy if you think Wade would have won a ring with the crap Bron had in Cleveland though, Mo Williams and Varajao as your next best player? C'mon son, give me a break. This is why I say a lot of the Heat/Bron hate is irrational. People go to these extreme lengths to hate on or discredit the guy when really you
don't have to.

You must of forgot what Wade had when he won the Finals. His best teammate was Shaq. That was a crap roster that had a bunch of broke down veterans, but Wade pulled the shit off. I agree that people have helped making LBJ an egotistical freak, but he obviously fails at backing it up when he has to defer to Wade to win.

But why does Dirk get all this hate then? His best teammate has been Jason Terry for the past 4 years, and hes had multiple winning seasons. What do you think LBJ could of done with that roster?

Ninja Scooter said:
People have been calling him "King" since he was 14 years old. Of course he's going to have an overinflated ego, as if Wade and other NBA stars don't? Nowadays most of these great NBA players have been coddled since their AAU days. And LBJ DID win with that roster. He took garbage to 60 wins. You are crazy if you think Wade would have won a ring with the crap Bron had in Cleveland though, Mo Williams and Varajao as your next best player? C'mon son, give me a break. This is why I say a lot of the Heat/Bron hate is irrational. People go to these extreme lengths to hate on or discredit the guy when really you don't have to.

Why can't I hate him and acknowledge he is a great player?

Amory Blaine said:
This mentality is silly. Just because people don't post in this thread regularly doesn't automatically invalidate their opinion. Judge based on what they say, not how often they post.

It's mostly the people who call out the thread without actually posting in it.

Duki

Banned
StickSoldier said:
You must of forgot what Wade had when he won the Finals. His best teammate was Shaq. That was a crap roster that had a bunch of broke down veterans, but Wade pulled the shit off. I agree that people have helped making LBJ an egotistical freak, but he obviously fails at backing it up when he has to defer to Wade to win.
shaq was the real mvp in 2005 and was barely worse in 06

people need to stop this revisionist history bs with shaq

he only truly fell off after that fourth ring (huge shock)

StickSoldier said:

Shaq was heading downward but he was still a force and had to be accounted for enough to make things easier for Wade and the rest of those guys. Don't act like Wade won a title with the Shaq of the last few years. Shaq had a bad Finals but he still averaged 18/10 on 60% shooting in the playoffs. He was still a force and even THAT Shaq was probably more valueable than Anderson and Mo Williams combined.

cuevas said:
Why can't I hate him and acknowledge he is a great player?

You can, the problem is the people that now hate him and act like he's just some bandwagon player or a rich man's Robert Horry just because they are mad over the decision or because he's a dick.

punkypine

StickSoldier said:

But why does Dirk get all this hate then? His best teammate has been Jason Terry for the past 4 years, and hes had multiple winning seasons. What do you think LBJ could of done with that roster?
Dirk's roster was better than most of the cleveland teams. And Dirk doesnt get 1/10th the hate that Lebron gets, its just funny with Dirk because of mark cuban. Most people feel bad for dirk

Ninja Scooter's nailing it today

Duki said:
shaq was the real mvp in 2005 and was barely worse in 06

people need to stop this revisionist history bs with shaq

he only truly fell off after that fourth ring (huge shock)

He wasn't in the 06 Finals, that's for sure. Wade got them back in that series. He averaged 35+ ppg when they won the last 4 games. I can't remember off the bat, but I remember Wade taking over game 3 and bringing them back to win.

StickSoldier said:
He wasn't in the 06 Finals, that's for sure. Wade got them back in that series. He averaged 35+ ppg when they won the last 4 games. I can't remember off the bat, but I remember Wade taking over game 3 and bringing them back to win.

the season is longer than 6 games. Shaq did not have a good Finals, but he was still a great presence and far better than anyone Lebron played with in Cleveland. Wade doesn't get to the Finals and get the chance to go Super Saiyan if Shaq's not there.

Amory

Ninja Scooter said:
You can, the problem is the people that now hate him and act like he's just some bandwagon player or a rich man's Robert Horry just because they are mad over the decision or because he's a dick.

I like lebron, but he IS a bandwagon player and a billionaire's robert horry. You can't do what he did and still keep jordan, bird, bryant, etc status

punkypine said:
Dirk's roster was better than most of the cleveland teams. And Dirk doesnt get 1/10th the hate that Lebron gets, its just funny with Dirk because of mark cuban. Most people feel bad for dirk

Ninja Scooter's nailing it today

Really? Dirk gets hate all the time dude. I don't know what you're talking about.

DJ88

Amory Blaine said:

Thank you.

I didn't know there was a minimum NBA thread post count that needed to be met before being taken seriously. Everyone's so quick to judge.

TheFatOne

Grimm Fandango said:
Oh was it? I thought the ref gave the ejection symbol once Pierce yelled at him.

Not sure but the ESPN highlight says that they called a double technical. As soon as Pierce set the screen Wade got in his face. So I doubt Paul said something to the ref. Man ESPN highlight sucks balls. From what I'm reading in the thread the Celtics lost the game in the first half because they played terrible or were they just terrible the entire game?

Amory

TheFatOne said:
Not sure but the ESPN highlight says that they called a double technical. As soon as Pierce set the screen Wade got in his face. So I doubt Paul said something to the ref. Man ESPN highlight sucks balls. From what I'm reading in the thread the Celtics lost the game in the first half because they played terrible or were they just terrible the entire game?

They were bad the whole game. Except for Ray Allen, who continues to be the real Benjamin Button. Plus pierce was ejected, which was total horse shit.

Vyer

Amory Blaine said:
I like lebron, but he IS a bandwagon player and a billionaire's robert horry. You can't do what he did and still keep jordan, bird, bryant, etc status
Of course you can. those guys also had the luxury of playing with guys who were among the very best in the game at the time they were winning. I think LeBron's decision bullshit was flat out embarrassing but Scooter is exactly right here.

TheFatOne

Amory Blaine said:
They were bad the whole game. Except for Ray Allen, who continues to be the real Benjamin Button. Plus pierce was ejected, which was total horse shit.

Hmm I wonder if the long wait between games hurt them or if they are not the same team they were in the beginning of the season. The next game should be interesting. Also WTF was Rondo doing in the first half. I'm guessing Rondo getting into early foul trouble hurt them.

Puddles

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Hate to go here but list 20 players you'd rather have.

It isn't about who you'd rather have for a season, but who have done enough to achieve top 20 greatness.

Jeffrey
Kareem
Russell
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Hakeem
Duncan
Shaq
Wilt
West
Robertson
Baylor
Pippen
Isiah
Havlicek
Moses Malone
Cousy
Dr. J
Willis Reed
Dwyane Wade
David Robinson

and many others have accomplished far more than The Crab. I'd put guys like Ewing, Karl Malone, Stockton, Payton and Barkley ahead of LeTravel as well.

That isn't to say that Lebron couldn't beat some of these guys in a 1x1 even if they were in their primes, but that's not what Top 20 all time is about.

Vire

numble said:
They never call T's on KG for his "Get that shit outta here" or any of the other crap he does.

This was because it was following a dirty move by Pierce not a minute before. He was already skating on thin ice, and the ref obviously had enough.

I'd like to know what he said though. Because if it was a word that started with the letter n, I think it's somewhat justified. Otherwise, kind of ticky tacky.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Can you imagine Payton or Jordan or Reggie ever being called for verbal taunts?

dream

Vire said:
This was because it was following a dirty move by Pierce not a minute before. He was already skating on thin ice, and the ref obviously had enough.

What was the dirty move? Getting strangled by James Jones?

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
in6ysk.jpg

have no idea if accurate
:p

Puddles said:
It isn't about who you'd rather have for a season, but who have done enough to achieve top 20 greatness.

Jeffrey
Kareem
Russell
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Hakeem
Duncan
Shaq
Wilt
West
Robertson
Baylor
Pippen
Isiah
Havlicek
Moses Malone
Cousy
Dr. J
Willis Reed
Dwyane Wade
David Robinson

and many others have accomplished far more than The Crab. I'd put guys like Ewing, Karl Malone, Stockton, Payton and Barkley ahead of LeTravel as well.

That isn't to say that Lebron couldn't beat some of these guys in a 1x1 even if they were in their primes, but that's not what Top 20 all time is about.
Wait, you put Cousey above LeBron? Really? You put David Robinson above LeBron? Notice how David didn't win a ring until Duncan arrived. Also notice how David was destroyed in every way a man can be destroyed by Hakeem.

alr1ghtstart said:
in6ysk.jpg

have no idea if accurate
:p

LOL WTH

Amory Blaine said:

Magic had Worthy and Kareem. Bird had Parrish and McHale. Kobe and Shaq had eachother and later Kobe had Pau. Jordan had Pippen and Rodman (2 hall of famers, btw). All these old guys say they wouldn't have done what Bron did, but that's easy for them to say they didn't have to. They were a part of winning organizations that recognized their talents and built great teams around them. Lebron did not. Look at what OKC has done in a similar situation with a young star in KD. They added players like Westbrook, Harden, Ibaka and PErk. Young players for him to grow with. The Cav front office sucked ass from day one in surrounding Lebron with good players. Look at Lebron's 2nd year, the Cavs have this 19 year old who has demonstrated he is going to be a truly transcendent NBA talent, they have a lottery pick in the draft and they take...LUKE JACKSON. A guy that is not even in the league anymore IIRC. The next few years if you look at the draft board, all you see is a bunch of traded first round picks, probably in exchange for shitty veterans that will give you a good half a season and then fall off a cliff while collecting premium salaries. That's not to say Lebron wouldn't have left Cleveland no matte what, but if he had, say, Deron Williams as his PG and Joakim Noah as his C, it probably would have made it a lot tougher for him to leave. Instead he looked at a roster that was cap strapped and had names like Mo Williams, Antawn Jamison and Anderson Varajao and said "Do I really want to spend the next 3 years getting bounced from the playoffs with these guys?" For what, so people can call him loyal but still criticize him for not winning? KG even recently just basically said he REGRETS saying in Minny and not pulling a Lebron himself when he was younger, as playing in Boston showed him what it's really like to be on a team and organization that is truly committed to winning and knows how to accomplish that.

Puddles

Banned
LovingSteam said:
Wait, you put Cousey above LeBron? Really? You put David Robinson above LeBron? Notice how David didn't win a ring until Duncan arrived. Also notice how David was destroyed in every way a man can be destroyed by Hakeem.

That's Lebron right now, not Lebron when he retires.

You said that Lebron is Top 20 all time right now. As in if he retired today, he'd make the top 20 list.

I say no way in hell.

giga

Crawford on Pierce 1st tech vs. J. Jones: "He approached Jones and got right in his face. There wasn't a head-butt...."

absolute_power2.jpg

I just love posting this pic.

Vire

dream said:
What was the dirty move? Getting strangled by James Jones?
You don't think the head butt and calling him a bitch is worthy of a tech? It's not like he was called for a flagrant...

I'm certain that if Lebron did that he would have been issued a technical as well.

Vire said:
I'd like to know what he said though. Because if it was a word that started with the letter n, I think it's somewhat justified. Otherwise, kind of ticky tacky.

We'd be down to Grant Hill and Steve Nash for active players. Oh shit, Stern making up for bench-gate!

reilo said:
Can you imagine Payton or Jordan or Reggie ever being called for verbal taunts?

Glove is in the top five all time for techs.

Puddles said:

Jeffrey
Kareem
Russell
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Hakeem
Duncan
Shaq
Wilt
West
Robertson
Baylor
Pippen
Isiah
Havlicek
Moses Malone
Cousy
Dr. J
Willis Reed
Dwyane Wade
David Robinson

Not one of those guys won 9 straight championships, post merger.

Amory

TheFatOne said:
Also WTF was Rondo doing in the first half. I'm guessing Rondo getting into early foul trouble hurt them.

Actually if anything it helped today. In a game earlier this year Pierce had shot something like 1 for 10 for the field, and rather than keep shooting to fix it he just stopped shooting and turned into an assist machine. Today, rondo was 3-10 and kept trying to score to the bitter end. I think scoring so much the last 2 games against the knicks may have inflated his scoring ego a bit too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom