• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackface

Banned
Amory Blaine said:
It's not the big three, it's the big four, and three of the four looked awful.

Ray Allen is never going to win a game by himself. He needs at least one of the other 3 to step up. Garnett didn't, pierce even though he was ejected didnt, rondo was absolutely terrible. Next game is not going to be this way.

I was talking about Miami when I said Big 3, not Boston. And you are pushing it calling Rondo a big anything except fraud.

dream said:
I don't think it was a headbutt at all. I think he was getting in Jones' face because he was strangled and Jones either flopped or got startled when he looked into the face of The Truth.
snjpz8.gif

keep fighting the good fight there in the face of the evidence.

Tom Penny said:
I'm not expert but he had 2 FT's in 125+ minutes in the 76ers series and now already has 10. It does not compute.

Yeah well, he isn't getting all those wide open looks going forward.

5-7 3PT shooting isn't happening again for LeBron James Jones.

Bread

Banned
Puddles said:
Most of the ones... so some Boston fans got peer-pressured into it in the Heat of the moment.

It's cool, dude. I've fist-pumped to Lady Gaga songs in a club before in the heat of the moment. Shit happens. Clearly you're a better fan than that, and that's all that matters.
First of all, smh at "Heat".
And I wouldn't put it past some of the bandwagon fans here to cheer for Kobe, but bionic was talking about Boston fans like the hardcore fans were chanting MVP, and I really doubt any of them would do that.

sillymonkey321 said:
Touch fouls when someone drives to the basket so they can score and take a foul shot + rubbing someone's face with your forehead when you're really mad for a tech. This is a league of babies.

Well, in the playoffs, every basket seems to matter or much moreso than the regular season.

You can take flagrant/hard fouls and cost your team points and possibly more points and hardcore headbutt people and get ejected but how is that going to help your team win???

Maybe that's not what you meant at all though and I misintepreted your point.

DJ88

Blackace said:
Yeah the first post in the second round of the playoffs looks bandwagonish.. just stick around and post and people won't say much.. but you keep rehashing this "nothing is good enough for you guys" and keep reminding people that you posted today for the first time instead of just commenting on the NBA..

I know it does, I was just trying to make my case haha, but whatever I'll be sticking around. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this series.

Puddles said:
Let's see Lebron score 71 points before we put him ahead of D-Rob on an all-time list.
Dude really? You're using a game in which his team fed him on every possession SPECIFICALLY so he'd win the scoring title over Shaq?

numble

Ok, so this D. West thing is pretty much confirmed now right? Pierce is West's teammate...

...but it doesn't show up on his twitter page.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
ryutaro's mama said:
Take it in.

You aren't gonna see that shit happen again in this series.

Maybe not as much, but its inevitable that the 3-point champion will drain them when Lebron Wade and Bosh flood the paint and force a defense to collapse in on them. The Celtics are past their prime. While I wouldn't count out the Celtics, I'd be shocked to see a team of superstars in their prime, loose this series.

Bread

Banned
If it's real, which it looks so be, Pierce is fucking crazy. In an awesome way, but in a bad way too. There's no way the league doesn't punish him for that.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
UltimaKilo said:
Maybe not as much, but its inevitable that the 3-point champion will drain them when Lebron Wade and Bosh flood the paint and force a defense to collapse in on them. The Celtics are past their prime. While I wouldn't count out the Celtics, I'd be shocked to see a team of superstars in their prime, loose this series.

I would agree with your points if this kind of thing happened often during the reg season..

UltimaKilo said:
Maybe not as much, but its inevitable that the 3-point champion will drain them when Lebron Wade and Bosh flood the paint and force a defense to collapse in on them.

hahahaha, the same guy the Heat coach gave Mike Miller much more minutes to than him for most of the season.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Blackface said:
I was talking about Miami when I said Big 3, not Boston. And you are pushing it calling Rondo a big anything except fraud.

Rondo is one of the best passers in the game, I've no idea which NBA you watch.

UltimaKilo said:

I think the Czzz will adjust and stay home on the shooter a lot more.

A guy like James Jones isn't looking to do anything but camp behind the 3 point line and launch--he isn't looking to create his own shot or drive.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Blackface said:
The big difference here, was Boston looked horrible. They got very frustrated, and looked completely out-classed all game long.

They beat Boston by a good margin and two of the big three did not play as well as they could have.

I am interested to see what changes from Boston next game.
Do you not remember Game 1 last year?

Lebron had 35/7/7, while Ray Allen went 6-14 and Pierce went 5-17. Only Rondo and KG showed up that game, while their bench got nearly outscored by JJ Hickson.

Spooks

reilo said:

Lebron had 35/7/7, while Ray Allen went 6-14 and Pierce went 5-17. Only Rondo and KG showed up that game, while their bench got nearly outscored by JJ Hickson.

Can't forget Mo Williams dunking on Paul Pierce.

Blackface

Banned
reilo said:

By the looks of the tweet, and the frustration this time on the part of the Celtics, I think this is a bit more personal now.

Blackace

UltimaKilo said:
Rondo is one of the best passers in the game, I've no idea which NBA you watch.

lawl..

Nash, Kidd, Paul, Williams really make Rondo look Westbrook "good". Him and Westbrook get ast but they aren't great passers..

Blackace said:
lawl..

Nash, Kidd, Paul, Williams really make Rondo look Westbrook "good". Him and Westbrook get ast but they aren't great passers..

I totally disagree, I think Rondo is one of the best passers in the game.

As good as the guys you listed???

Not sure.

Westbrook level????

Not even close.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
ryutaro's mama said:
I think the Czzz will adjust and stay home on the shooter a lot more.

A guy like James Jones isn't looking to do anything but camp behind the 3 point line and launch--he isn't looking to create his own shot or drive.

I agree with you, they'll adjust and stay on JJ and Bibby more but its going to take a lot of discipline to keep away from temptation when Lebron and Wade are running into the paint. I think its possible Spo will try to change the game up a bit and add Eddie House into the mix. But today he opted for Mike Miller who can handle ad pass the ball.

Blackace

threenote said:
thanks for proving my point, I almost forgot about that incident.

What point was that?

That if you look like birdman you can act a fool but if you look like PP you have to beg David Stern not to suspend you?

Blackface

Banned
TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Not sure.

Westbrook level????

Not even close.

I don't want to think of how many APG Nash would average playing in Boston. Holy fuck.

Bread

Banned
Blackace said:
lawl..

What? Rondo is definitely a great passer, I don't know what you're talking about.

Blackace

TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Not sure.

Westbrook level????

Not even close.

Rondo doesn't make his teammates that much better with his dribble and take a bad shot or dish tactic... He is closer to Westbrook than he is to Nash..

threenote

Banned
Blackace said:
What point was that?

That if you look like birdman you can act a fool but if you look like PP you have to beg David Stern not to suspend you?
well, the tweet was fake, so this is irrelevant.

and for the record, birdman is a fool and a disgrace to the game.

Blackace

Blackface said:
I don't want to think of how many APG Nash would average playing in Boston. Holy fuck.

Nash, Kidd or Paul would avg 15 or 16 a game in Boston..

SamuraiX-

Cubsfan23 said:
Lebron won't lose to a team that houses the guy who fucked his mom. As simple as that

Celtics are done

Wow.

What brilliant fucking logic. You got me, man.

Celts should just call it a series now.

Blackace

Bread said:
What? Rondo is definitely a great passer, I don't know what you're talking about.

He is far from a GREAT passer.. Stockton was a GREAT passer... Magic was a GREAT passer.. Kidd, Paul Nash are GREAT passers.. Rondo isn't.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Blackface said:
I watch the NBA where there is more to the game then passing to three HOF'ers.

Rondo is a good player. He has good handles and is a great passer. He can play some decent defense too. That's pretty good when you have three good players with you. Obviously he's no superstar and if you would put him on the Kings, he would be putting up nowhere near the same numbers unlike a true superstar PG (Williams, CP, Nash). But you can't deny the kid is good, or at least works with the system Doc Rivers has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom