• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream

Vire said:
You don't think the head butt and calling him a bitch is worthy of a tech? It's not like he was called for a flagrant...

I don't think it was a headbutt at all. I think he was getting in Jones' face because he was strangled and Jones either flopped or got startled when he looked into the face of The Truth.

Puddles said:
That's Lebron right now, not Lebron when he retires.

You said that Lebron is Top 20 all time right now. As in if he retired today, he'd make the top 20 list.

I say no way in hell.

You argued that LeBron hasn't won a championship game. Robinson never got to a finals until Duncan and by then he was a shell of his former self. Cousey had Russell who was the backdrop, the cornerstone, the beginning and end of the Celtics dynasty. I still don't understand how you can have Cousey higher then James even right now.

Vire

dream said:
I don't think it was a headbutt at all. I think he was getting in Jones' face because he was strangled and Jones either flopped or got startled when he looked into the face of The Truth.

Haha, fair enough. You're entitled to feel that way.

Boston still got their asses clocked in the second and third quarter regardless of Pierce being in or not. Them getting down by up to 17 points, does not bode especially well for the future.

However, Boston will be a different team at home and I wouldn't be surprised in the least if it goes 2-2 after the next three games.

DJ88

alr1ghtstart said:
http://k.min.us/in6ysk.jpg

have no idea if accurate
:p

:lol

I feel like I could post pictures of me at every single Heat game since the year I was born, which happens to be the Heat's first year in the league, and I'd still be on that list.

Puddles

Banned
Bob Cousy won league MVP in a year that his team won the championship.

Lebron can surpass him easily with a ring or two, but not until then.

giga

DJ88 said:

I feel like I could post pictures of me at every single Heat game since the year I was born, which happens to be the Heat's first year in the league, and I'd still be on that list.
Damn, you a lifelong?

numble

DJ88 said:

Wow.
Miami's lifelong lifelong.

SamuraiX-

reilo said:
Cleveland won Game 1 last season 101 - 93, too.

And Pierce never really had a good series.

It was almost all Rondo and KG, and maybe some dude off the bench.

Rondo+KG need to get it going in Game 2.

Bread

Banned
bionic77 said:
I don't remember any Celtics fan on this board before the big 3 came to town. Hell they were chanting MVP for Kobe at home not too long ago..
Sorry I missed this post earlier.

Do you really believe it was Celtics fans chanting MVP for Kobe? I've been to Lakers Celtics games in Boston and I couldn't believe how many Lakers fans there were, even more Lakers fans than there were Knicks fans at Game 1 of the last round. There are a shitload of Lakers bandwagoners, and I have little doubt that they were the ones chanting MVP.

317gl1i.jpg

Puddles

Banned
Bread said:
Sorry I missed this post earlier.

Do you really believe it was Celtics fans chanting MVP for Kobe? I've been to Lakers Celtics games in Boston and I couldn't believe how many Lakers fans there were, even more Lakers fans than there were Knicks fans at Game 1 of the last round. There are a shitload of Lakers bandwagoners, and I have little doubt that they were the ones chanting MVP.

This tired old excuse again?

Own your mistakes, Bostoners. That was a shit year for the Celtics. Kobe was scoring 40 a night as easily as Shaq eats 40 Big Macs. No one really blames you guys for chanting MVP; we just think it's funny is all.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
LovingSteam said:
You argued that LeBron hasn't won a championship game. Robinson never got to a finals until Duncan and by then he was a shell of his former self. Cousey had Russell who was the backdrop, the cornerstone, the beginning and end of the Celtics dynasty. I still don't understand how you can have Cousey higher then James even right now.

So you don't think Pat Ewing, Sir Charles are ahead of LBJ right now?

Blackace

Puddles said:

Own your mistakes, Bostoners. That was a shit year for the Celtics. Kobe was scoring 40 a night as easily as Shaq eats 40 Big Macs. No one really blames you guys for chanting MVP; we just think it's funny is all.

The funny thing is how Laker fans hate Shaq so much.. While he did shit on Kobe when he walked out the door, he said not a bad word about the city or the fanbase..

exarkun

Blackace said:
Griz doing work

thats all you can say? It was grimey ass defense on the one side and just unselfish play on the other. The thunder and their fans were stunned.

Gondo posted like twice.

Actually, has anyone heard from him since that last post? Buddy, you alright? BUDDY?!

Blackace

exarkun said:
thats all you can say? It was grimey ass defense on the one side and just unselfish play on the other. The thunder and their fans were stunned.

Gondo posted like twice.

Laker Thunder rival heating up!

dream said:

He rubbed his face on him, not a headbutt but definitely technical foul-worthy.

He shouldn't have been ejected for that and not what he was ejected for like the stupid announcers(Mark Jackson) said.

Neither act alone deserved an ejection but of course another technical is an automatic one but they should have just warned both him and Wade on that one because you don't throw out players of that caliber in big games over petty shit like that.

Maybe Wade wanted to instigate him and get him tossed but I am not sure he's that smart.

Blackface

Banned
reilo said:
Cleveland won Game 1 last season 101 - 93, too.

The big difference here, was Boston looked horrible. They got very frustrated, and looked completely out-classed all game long.

They beat Boston by a good margin and two of the big three did not play as well as they could have.

I am interested to see what changes from Boston next game.

DJ88

giga said:
Damn, you a lifelong?

Haha no, I'm just saying nothing's good enough for you guys. As long as my first post in this thread happened on 5/1/2011 I will be seen as a bandwagon fan.

Blackace

DJ88 said:
Haha no, I'm just saying nothing's good enough for you guys. As long as my first post in this thread happened on 5/1/2011 I will be seen as a bandwagon fan.

Yeah the first post in the second round of the playoffs looks bandwagonish.. just stick around and post and people won't say much.. but you keep rehashing this "nothing is good enough for you guys" and keep reminding people that you posted today for the first time instead of just commenting on the NBA..

Blackface said:
The big difference here, was Boston looked horrible. They got very frustrated, and looked completely out-classed all game long.

They beat Boston by a good margin and two of the big three did not play as well as they could have.

Lakers looked all of those things in Game 1 vs, the Hornets.

Adjustments, how do they work?

Puddles

Banned
Blackace said:
The funny thing is how Laker fans hate Shaq so much.. While he did shit on Kobe when he walked out the door, he said not a bad word about the city or the fanbase..

I used to have that full-page tribute he took out in the LA Times after the trade hanging up on my wall. I've never hated the guy at all. It's just funny to mock the Fat Shaq that currently exists.

Blackace

ryutaro's mama said:
Lakers looked all of those things in Game 1 vs, the Hornets.

Adjustments, how do they work?

Doc is a great adjustments coach..

Bread

Banned
Puddles said:

Why should I own a mistake I did not make? I wasn't at the game, and I fucking hate Kobe. It was a shit year for the Celtics, and a good year for Kobe in his prime, so shouldn't that mean that the Lakers fans around the area were more likely to go to the game?

Puddles

Banned
Bread said:
Why should I own a mistake I did not make? I wasn't at the game, and I fucking hate Kobe. It was a shit year for the Celtics, and a good year for Kobe in his prime, so shouldn't that mean that the Lakers fans around the area were more likely to go to the game?

I'm a Dodgers fan, and while I don't condone the actions of those guys who beat up a Giants fan in the parking lot, I'm not going to try to pin the blame on fans of another team.

You didn't chant MVP for Kobe, but some of your fellow fans did. You don't need to make excuses for them, dude. That shit's in the past.

Amory

Blackface said:

It's not the big three, it's the big four, and three of the four looked awful.

Ray Allen is never going to win a game by himself. He needs at least one of the other 3 to step up. Garnett didn't, pierce even though he was ejected didnt, rondo was absolutely terrible. Next game is not going to be this way.

Blackace

LovingSteam said:
Ewing and Chaz? Yea they are ahead. David Robinson and Cousey? No.

DRo? As much as I like to hate on him.. Dude had some fairly "meh" teams before they tanked..

To be honest I am not sure he is better, at this point, than the human highlight or King...

Bread

Banned
Puddles said:
I'm a Dodgers fan, and while I don't condone the actions of those guys who beat up a Giants fan in the parking lot, I'm not going to try to pin the blame on fans of another team.

You didn't chant MVP for Kobe, but some of your fellow fans did. You don't need to make excuses for them, dude. That shit's in the past.
All I'm saying is that there are always a shit load of LA fans at Lakers games in Boston, and I'm sure they were most of the ones chanting MVP.

Owzers

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
He rubbed his face on him, not a headbutt but definitely technical foul-worthy.

He shouldn't have been ejected for that and not what he was ejected for like the stupid announcers(Mark Jackson) said.

Neither act alone deserved an ejection but of course another technical is an automatic one but they should have just warned both him and Wade on that one because you don't throw out players of that caliber in big games over petty shit like that.

Maybe Wade wanted to instigate him and get him tossed but I am not sure he's that smart.

Touch fouls when someone drives to the basket so they can score and take a foul shot + rubbing someone's face with your forehead when you're really mad for a tech. This is a league of babies.

Blackace said:
DRo? As much as I like to hate on him.. Dude had some fairly "meh" teams before they tanked..

To be honest I am not sure he is better, at this point, than the human highlight or King...
He also had a couple really good teams. 1995 to be exact. He got eaten for lunch by Hakeem. Its obvious that I am no fan of LeBron but i have no problem with people including him on their top 20 list.

Blackace

Puddles said:
Let's see Lebron score 71 points before we put him ahead of D-Rob on an all-time list.

I still think that was a bs scoring title.. that was the franchise's goal that game...

Bread

Banned
Brinbe said:
lmao @ Pierce throwin shots on twitter. Hope that's what he really said to Wade.
HOLY SHIT

Does anyone have a screencap of this if it's real? I just checked his twitter his last tweet was 10 hours ago.

Tom Penny

ryutaro's mama said:
Take it in.

You aren't gonna see that shit happen again in this series.

I'm not expert but he had 2 FT's in 125+ minutes in the 76ers series and now already has 10. It does not compute.

Puddles

Banned
Bread said:
All I'm saying is that there are always a shit load of LA fans at Lakers games in Boston, and I'm sure they were most of the ones chanting MVP.

Most of the ones... so some Boston fans got peer-pressured into it in the heat of the moment.

It's cool, dude. I've fist-pumped to Lady Gaga songs in a club before in the heat of the moment. Shit happens. Clearly you're a better fan than that, and that's all that matters. If anything you can take pride in the fact that you're a top-tier Celtics fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom