• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bread

Banned
Blackace said:
He is far from a GREAT passer.. Stockton was a GREAT passer... Magic was a GREAT passer.. Kidd, Paul Nash are GREAT passers.. Rondo isn't.
He consistently gets balls to exactly where they need to go, and makes passes that no one else on the court is able to make. There is no way that we can evaluate the quality of passing for a player, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Bread said:
He consistently gets balls to exactly where they need to go, and makes passes that no one else on the court is able to make. There is no way that we can evaluate the quality of passing for a player, so we'll just have to agree to disagree.

Sure you can by looking at the numbers of the players after and/or before them..

Blackace said:
Sure you can by looking at the numbers of the players after and/or before them..

Or you could watch the games and the players of the present to gauge if he's a good passer or not.

You can qualify most numbers by this and that.

I watch with my eyes and Rondo to me is an elite passer with great court vision and point guard instincts.

Blackace

TheGreatMightyPoo said:
Or you could watch the games and the players of the present to gauge if he's a good passer or not.

I watch with my eyes and Rondo to me is an elite passer with great court vision and point guard instincts.

I watch with my eyes and see him bowling in the lane and looking like a rich man's westbrook..

J2 Cool

Celtics got their ass whooped. I don't care about the James Jones anomaly, KG/Rondo laid an egg, and their bench looked bad too. They're in trouble.

Blackace

J2 Cool said:
Celtics got their ass whooped. I don't care about the James Jones anomaly, KG/Rondo laid an egg, and their bench looked bad too. They're in trouble.

They lost to the Heat on the road.. I wouldn't say they are in trouble yet..

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
TheGreatMightyPoo said:

Both you and Blackace are being extreme. I think he is a good passer. Great? Maybe that's not something you can't yet conclude because he has been on the same team, running the same scheme for so long. Obviously you can't compare him to Nash. To me, Nash is the truest PG in the league.

SamuraiX-

J2 Cool said:

No they're not.

Did you even watch the game?

D-Wade isn't dropping 40 again and I doubt Rondo and KG lay an egg all series long.

I expect the Celtics to dominate on their home court(or at least rout the Heat in one of them and win the other) so stealing one of these games still puts them in great shape.

They still have that chance though I thought game 1 would be theirs.

SamuraiX-

ryutaro's mama said:
Hey Czzz-Age, isn't there some weird stat regarding Big Baby, correlating to wins?

Help me out?

Whenever Baby has a -21 +/- rating for a game, I seriously doubt the Celtics ever won.

Blackace

UltimaKilo said:
Both you and Blackace are being extreme. I think he is a good passer. Great? Maybe that's not something you can conclude yet because he has been on the same team, running the same scheme for so long. Obviously you can't compare him to Nash. To me, Nash is the truest PG in the league.

I am not being extreme.. I just said he wasn't a great passer.. I didn't say he was a bad passer.. Westbrook and Rose are good passers too..Rondo makes better choices than Westbrook. But he is no Kidd..

The Celtics only lost by 9 after playing terribly for the whole game and getting some suspect calls against them. No way James Jones drops 25 points again. They shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Maybe Garnett's relaxed mentality is a reason they struggled.

I mean, the other series when he had a big game against the Knicks, he laughed at him being the difference or one of them saying he's now a role player to get the others involved but he should be dominating the Heat's big men.

I know he's not in his prime anymore but the matchup favors the Celtics and all I saw is him miss longer than midrange jumpers.

Spooks

ryutaro's mama said:
So are the Thunder in trouble?
They were always in trouble. No one is stopping Best Gasol and Z-bo.

Anyways I just meant you can't say the Celtics are in trouble yet. If the series is going into game 7 back in Miami then you can say it. But after 1 game? Shananigans.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
The Frankman said:
keep fighting the good fight there in the face of the evidence.
Crew chief Dan Crawford conducted an interview with a pool reporter following the game and explained Pierce's second technical, which appeared to be the more mild of the two infractions.

The first infraction could have left Pierce in line for a suspension if it was determined he attempted to head-butt Jones, but Crawford suggested that wasn't the call.

"The first technical foul [on Pierce], it was contact during a dead ball," said Crawford. "He approached Jones and got right in his face. There wasn't a head-butt, but he got right into his face after a hard foul."

http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/nba/news/story?id=6461953

J2 Cool

SamuraiX- said:
No they're not.

Did you even watch the game?

D-Wade isn't dropping 40 again and I doubt Rondo and KG lay an egg all series long.

Wade doesn't have to, he can take turns with LBJ. The telling part of the game, was how easy it came for Miami. Bosh scored 7, Lebron 22 only. They cruised on Wade's great game, and a D that frustrated Boston far more than I thought it would. I don't think the Celtics have any of that edge they held over Miami earlier in the year. (which was size and depth)

Obviously game 2's huge, but I don't feel good about them going in, and I really wanted to pick them in 6 or 7 to start.

I actually think Shaq could help the Celtics at this point, just to change the dynamic, clog the lanes, and put up a high FG%. Feel free to bookmark that one. Either that or KG gets into a more dominant form. They're not beating the Heat playing a perimeter game.

Puddles said:
LBJ isn't scoring 40 in this series.

He might have 40 in a blowout loss at Boston but yeah, he's not going to be dominating a game where it makes the difference.

Wade can do that every so often but LeBron is the facilitator who gets the all around numbers in the first half and "fancy" plays that announcers single out.

Wade's the only guy that can take over, the regular season is over.

J2 Cool said:
Wade doesn't have to, he can take turns with LBJ. The telling part of the game, was how easy it came for Miami. Bosh scored 7, Lebron 22 only. They cruised on Wade's great game, and a D that frustrated Boston far more than I thought it would. I don't think the Celtics have any of that edge they held over Miami earlier in the year. (which was size and depth)

Obviously game 2's huge, but I don't feel good about them going in, and I really wanted to pick them in 6 or 7 to start.

I actually think Shaq could help the Celtics at this point, just to change the dynamic, clog the lanes, and put up a high FG%. Feel free to bookmark that one. Either that or KG gets into a more dominant form. They're not beating the Heat playing a perimeter game.

And KG and Rondo disappeared.

Now imagine Lebron remains steady, Wade comes back to earth and scores 25 and that remaining 12 (from Wade's 37 tonight) goes to Bosh in Game 2, giving him around 19.

Can James Jones give you 25 again?

Will Paul Pierce be MIA again?

MIA played a great game and won by 9.

alr1ghtstart said:
in6ysk.jpg

have no idea if accurate
:p

This list will double by the time the finals roll around. :p

BTW where is our leader Ph33nix, I'm not talking about the list I am talking about here in the thread?

abuC

ryutaro's mama said:
Over the last few seasons he's had a lot of trouble scoring on LeBron so the odds of him putting together a string of great games is pretty low.

abuC said:
Over the last few seasons he's had a lot of trouble scoring on LeBron so the odds of him putting together a string of great games is pretty low.

He missed a bunch of shots he usually makes though, I didn't see any defense leading to most of his misses.

Unless it's psychological and I am sure Pierce is mentally better than that after all he's done in the league.

abuC said:

He still had 19 points tonight.

I meant MIA as in getting ejected.

KG and Rondo combined for 14 points!

I don't see that happening next game.

Zep

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
And KG and Rondo disappeared.

Now imagine Lebron remains steady, Wade comes back to earth and scores 25 and that remaining 12 (from Wade's 37 tonight) goes to Bosh in Game 2, giving him around 19.

Can James Jones give you 25 again?

MIA played a great game and won by 9.

You're better than this...

Blackface

Banned
MidnightCowboy said:
The Celtics only lost by 9 after playing terribly for the whole game and getting some suspect calls against them. No way James Jones drops 25 points again. They shouldn't have anything to worry about.

Did everyone forget that Miami crushed them in there last meeting during the regular season. And no, James Jones didn't drop 25 on them when that happened.

twinturbo2

butthurt Heat fan
Haters gonna hate, LeBron deserves mad props for the Captain Planet reference. The power is yours, LeBron.

Again, in before the "Chris Bosh has the lame heart powers" jokes...

Game 2 should be a game of epic proportions. The Celtics aren't gonna let the Heat ram their dick up their ass again and I totally expect Pierce to be fired up....and I will be there in person to see this awesome battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom