• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.

punkypine

Black Mamba said:
Yeah.

I agree. The problem lies on Artest shooting 1/7, Shannon and Pau turning it over a 100 times.

Dirk didn't beat LA, letting the other guys get wide open 3s beat LA.

I'm not saying Dirk didn't play well. he did. But him scoring 28 on 22 shots is not going to be the demise of the Lakers. It's the other guys scoring.

Barkley is also completely wrong. Bynum is against Chandler, not Pau. Why would you start Odom? What does it matter? Someone has to defend Chandler/Haywood, too. It's not like Dirk plays Center except for random end of game plays.
his point is that Dirk creates mismatches that mess up the Lakers. Neither bynum or gasol can cover dirk. Nobody has to guard chandler or haywood. He's saying that playing odom will let him cover dirk, rotate those 2 at center, and the mismatch problem goes away.

RT @Hoopdata Kobe attempted 29 FGA and not a single one at rim. He only had one FGA inside 11 feet on play-by-play.

The Bynum benched thing makes 0 sense. The idea that both Bynum and Pau can't play together is also fucking stupid. Bynum gives Chandler more problems than Pau does. And Bynum helps defensively.

Dirk cannot beat the Lakers alone. The Lakers don't care what he does the entire game 1 on 1 because it really doesn't matter. What matters is what Peja, Kidd, Terry, Marion, and barea provide. Tonight was a bit too much.

his point is that Dirk creates mismatches that mess up the Lakers. Neither bynum or gasol can cover dirk. Nobody has to guard chandler or haywood. He's saying that playing odom will let him cover dirk, rotate those 2 at center, and the mismatch problem goes away

Who cares!? Kobe is a mismatch and score 36 tonight. did it matter? it's what the other guys do that matters.

Odom can't play 40 minutes a night, btw. So Pau HAS to guard him at some point.

The Lakers aren't concerned about Dirk's scoring on Pau. There's no reason to be concerned.

edit: It's a mismatch for every team in the NBA, btw. Why would it make a difference for LA. Why hasn't Dallas won it all the last 4 years? Because the other players get shut down.

punkypine

Black Mamba said:
The Bynum benched thing makes 0 sense. The idea that both Bynum and Pau can't play together is also fucking stupid. Bynum gives Chandler more problems than Pau does. And Bynum helps defensively.

Dirk cannot beat the Lakers alone. The Lakers don't care what he does the entire game 1 on 1 because it really doesn't matter. What matters is what Peja, Kidd, Terry, Marion, and barea provide. Tonight was a bit too much.
who cares who bynum gives problems? he's not scoring 30, and the mavericks have no inside game. Bynum will do what, shut down Barea drives?

Having odom on the court is more valuable

punkypine said:
who cares who bynum gives problems? he's not scoring 30, and the mavericks have no inside game. Bynum will do what, shut down Barea drives?

Having odom on the court is more valuable

Bynum will score on Chandler and perhaps get him in foul trouble. Bynum dominated the regular season matchup and did okay the few times he was given the ball tonight, but barely got any chances because the offense was STUPID.

Also, Bynum played with the bench more than Pau did, so Odom was in then too.

kobeobamaboardroom.jpg

Kobe picked the wrong day to show his game face >_>

Black Mamba said:

Who cares!? Kobe is a mismatch and score 36 tonight. did it matter? it's what the other guys do that matters.

Odom can't play 40 minutes a night, btw. So Pau HAS to guard him at some point.

The Lakers aren't concerned about Dirk's scoring on Pau. There's no reason to be concerned.

edit: It's a mismatch for every team in the NBA, btw. Why would it make a difference for LA. Why hasn't Dallas won it all the last 4 years? Because the other players get shut down.

lol you can't just let dirk have whatever he wants. people always say this and its a stupid argument. "well kobe is going to get his so it doesn't matter!" uh, yeah it does. if kobe or dirk or whoever is torching you that matters. why do you think these teams start rotating doubles and traps over when a guy is torching you? no coach in his right mind is going to leave a guy on kobe or dirk 1 on 1 all game and "let him get his". that's ridiculous and if that happens you will lose the game.

It seemed like the bench was just trying to hold out till Kobe came back in.

Not really running the offense but instead running clock and trying not to fuck up.

And once Kobe came back, they just got out the way and let him run isos for the rest of the quarter.

ryutaro's mama said:

Not really running the offense but instead running clock and trying not to fuck up.

And once Kobe came back, they just got out the way and let him run isos for the rest of the quarter.

Barnes didn't do a good enough job of punking them.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
lol you can't just let dirk have whatever he wants. people always say this and its a stupid argument. "well kobe is going to get his so it doesn't matter!" uh, yeah it does. if kobe or dirk or whoever is torching you that matters. why do you think these teams start rotating doubles and traps over when a guy is torching you? no coach in his right mind is going to leave a guy on kobe or dirk 1 on 1 all game and "let him get his". that's ridiculous and if that happens you will lose the game.

You misunderstand my argument. if Dirk is going to go apeshit on them, then sure they will need to adjust.

But Dirk scoring 28 points on 22 shots, which is well below his season average (edit: I mean points per shot attempt), is not going to beat the Lakers. it's the points by the other guys.

That and Ron shooting 1/8, Bynum getting no touches, and Shannon being a dolt.

But the Lakers are perfectly content with Dirk getting near his averages during the series so long as they slow down everyone else. It's the same way as with CP3. They are content with him scoring 22 as long as he doesn't have 13 assists to go along with it. Let him score, stop others from scoring.

Dallas has 1 true offensive weapon. That's it. Stop the others. Pau/odom are good enough to make Dirk work harder than normal to score 1 on 1 anyway. Dirk scored 22 points on 43% shooting against LAL this season without doubling. Add in tonight it's like 45% at 24ppg.

Lakers should have never lost this game. They lost with stupid offensive decisions mostly and a few stupid doubles on Kidd.

Blackface

Banned
FrenchMovieTheme said:

The best way to beat a team where one guy carries them, is to D up everyone except that person. Kobe can't score 100 points every single game. He can't single handily win games.

So if you lock down every other player on the Lakers, you win.

This is the exact strategy teams used to knock the Cav's out of the playoffs. Let Lebron get his, and let nobody else do shit.

The rest of the Lakers are going to have to remember how to play with defenders looking at them. If not, they are completely fucked. Dallas isn't even as good defensively as the team they will be facing next round if they do end up winning.

ryutaro's mama said:

I called it in the 3rd. I said Kobe being ASKED to bail them out is a bad sign. And it was. Lamar seemed to be the only player willing to do anything until Kobe came back in.

The play that symbolized it was when Pau had great post position in the post against Marion and was demanding the ball and LO ignored him to throw a bad pass to Kobe who wasn't really even ready for it. At that moment it was obvious the team was going to hope Kobe made enough baskets to win the game.

Black Mamba said:
I called it in the 3rd. I said Kobe being ASKED to bail them out is a bad sign. And it was. Lamar seemed to be the only player willing to do anything until Kobe came back in.

The play that symbolized it was when Pau had great post position in the post against Marion and was demanding the ball and LO ignored him to throw a bad pass to Kobe who wasn't really even ready for it. At that moment it was obvious the team was going to hope Kobe made enough baskets to win the game.

I think this one goes the full 7 now.

ryutaro's mama said:
I think this one goes the full 7 now.

I felt it was a 6 gamer with an LA split and Dallas split coming into game 5, but I thought it would be game 2 they'd have lost.

But I can see it going 7, no doubt.

Man, Mavs shot 9/20 from 3. Lakers 3rd best defensive 3pt team and held Dallas below average all season. They were bad at it tonight. So many open looks. If you ignore Stevenson's 2 since he sucks, thy shot over 50%.

50% overall for the game.

Dallas had 30 assists, too! Just awful defensive rotations. It's a bit confusing, because Kidd cannot penetrate, so I don't get why they hedge hard like it's against CP3.

edit: Lakers scored 16 points in the 4th quarter. Wow. Fucking terrible. bench never going into Bynum in the 4th. sigh.

Black Mamba said:
I felt it was a 6 gamer with an LA split and Dallas split coming into game 5, but I thought it would be game 2 they'd have lost.

But I can see it going 7, no doubt.

Man, Mavs shot 9/20 from 3. Lakers 3rd best defensive 3pt team and held Dallas below average all season. They were bad at it tonight. So many open looks. If you ignore Stevenson's 2 since he sucks, thy shot over 50%.

50% overall for the game.

Dallas had 30 assists, too! Just awful defensive rotations. It's a bit confusing, because Kidd cannot penetrate, so I don't get why they hedge hard like it's against CP3.

Here's the thing:

One of those games in Dallas, either Peja or Terry are gonna light the Lakers up.

Book it.

ryutaro's mama said:
Here's the thing:

One of those games in Dallas, either Peja or Terry are gonna light the Lakers up.

Book it.

Agree. Which is why I called for a split on each floor.

Kobe just called out the bench for not throwing the ball into Bynum in the 4th. Wow. Didn't think he'd do that.

rc213

Black Mamba said:

Kobe just called out the bench for not throwing the ball into Bynum in the 4th. Wow. Didn't think he'd do that.

What'd he say?

The M.O.B

snack said:
Guys. I know what the key to winning is. Sleep more than 12 hours a day.

http://blog.myzeo.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/zeo-all-star-01.png[/QUOTE]

There is a joke to be made about Tiger Woods only getting 4-5 hours of sleep.

ryutaro's mama said:
And the Thunder didn't get enough FTs on Sunday.

It all evens out.

Woh what's with all the hostility?! Barnes is the one who said that the secret to beating the mavs was by punk'n them. What's this got to do with the FThunder?

Black Mamba said:

kobe vouching for bynum. now i've heard everything.
but the man has a point. pound the ball inside and you win.

FML - The Heat being the only top seed to win.

I have a soft spot for the Lakers and Kobe, so I don't mind seeing them three-peat. But much more importantly, the Heat CAN'T WIN the championship. That's just not acceptable.

But it seems the stars are lining up for that apocalyptic scenario to occur. The Bulls are being exposed as the frauds I always knew they were. So the Heat could play the Hawks in the ECF (major lol) and possibly the eight seed Grizzlies or the perennial choke-artists, Mavs.

Like I said, FML.

StickSoldier said:
Woh what's with all the hostility?! Barnes is the one who said that the secret to beating the mavs was by punk'n them. What's this got to do with the FThunder?

There's no hostility.

Just mentioned that if the Thunder got more FTs, they prolly don't lose on Sunday.

I'm sure they'll win Game 2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom