• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOOOOOOO!

I know it's just one game but even that feels good. Lakers fans are the biggest shit talkers I have ever met. I swear the only thing that comes out of their mouth is diarrhea.

The_Inquisitor said:
So you think Dallas drops 2 at home? Interesting. What if Dallas wins again?

Yep.

They split in LA. Series 1-1.

They split in Dallas. Series 2-2, Mavs lose homecourt.

LA wins at home in a nail-biter (LArefs probably involved somehow) . Series 3-2

The demoralized and mentally weak Mavs lose at home, Lakers win series 4-2.

This will come to pass if the series ends up tied 2-2. The Mavs gotta crush LA early in the series to have a chance.

Blackface

Banned
ghostofsparta said:
WOOOOOOO!

I know it's just one game but even that feels good. Lakers fans are the biggest shit talkers I have ever met. I swear the only thing that comes out of their mouth is diarrhea.

Most Laker fans will only be around as long as the Lakers are winning. Which will stop in a few years unless they by some miracle get Dwight Howard (they won't).

These are the same Laker fans who turned on Shaq after Shaq carried their team to multiple championships.

These are the same Laker fans who have tried to argue that Kobe is as good as Jordan.

These are the same Laker fans who threw Pau under the bus after a single game, even though he is the reason they have even won the latest championships.

These are the same Laker fans who think Bynum is as good as Shaq.

I am honestly interested in seeing how some of these guys are going to deal with the Lakers post Kobe/Phil Jackson.

LA is known to be a HUGE bandwagon sports city. They do not support any team when they start to lose. They are entitled cry babies who would rather suck the juice off Kobe's rape stick then watch a player develop.

SamuraiX-

ryutaro's mama said:
It seemed like the bench was just trying to hold out till Kobe came back in.

Not really running the offense but instead running clock and trying not to fuck up.

And once Kobe came back, they just got out the way and let him run isos for the rest of the quarter.

It's the same thing we've seen over and over again.

Kobe starts the fucking game like he's in the middle of a motherfucking heat check.

This completely takes the rest of his teammates out of the game offensively and makes them look nearly incompetent when they have to run the offense when he's not on the floor.

It still boggles my mind how he thinks he can come out jacking up shots as he pleases, believing it has no effect on his teammates' confidence and/or feel for the game.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
Blackface said:
LA is known to be a HUGE bandwagon sports city. They do not support any team when they start to lose. They are entitled cry babies who would rather suck the juice off Kobe's rape stick then watch a player develop.

Can you blame them? They have the best weather in the world. No use wasting time watching shitty teams when they can be outside, active, and not be obese like the rest of cold weather North America.

Sanjuro

It's no new revelation that they are a major bandwagon city. The excuse that "oh it's sunny out" is a very poor one. Going to a ball game with good weather and beer in hand...feelsgoodman.

SamuraiX- said:

Kobe starts the fucking game like he's in the middle of a motherfucking heat check.

This completely takes the rest of his teammates out of the game offensively and makes them look nearly incompetent when they have to run the offense when he's not on the floor.

It still boggles my mind how he thinks he can come out jacking up shots as he pleases, believing it has no effect on his teammates' confidence and/or feel for the game.

Exactly, what the hell is wrong with Westbrook!

KingGondo

Banned
Not having cable/satellite after this move has completely put a cramp on my playoff style. I didn't even see the scores until this morning.

Up is down, dry is wet... And Dirk, Zach Randolph, Joe Johnson and LeBron are piling up the playoff wins.

I must have taken crazy pills.

Well it's not surprising that the Lakers lost game one. Dat laxness.

But it is surprising that the Thunder and Bulls lost.

Well actually not for the Thunder with Westbrook in da house. We say him lose that game himself.

WTF is going on with my Bulls? Derek Rose needs to stop forcing shots and start passing the ball.
And what in the world happened to Joe Johnson. He was insane last night.

masud

Banned
pharmboy044 said:
WTF is going on with my Bulls? Derek Rose needs to stop forcing shots and start passing the ball.
And what in the world happened to Joe Johnson. He was insane last night.

Joe Johnson is an elite basketball player. At the very least he's paid like one.

SamuraiX-

I swear there has to be some inside competition going on between Heat 3Ls and Bulls 3Ls to see which bandwagonning team can out-lifelong the other.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
It's no new revelation that they are a major bandwagon city. The excuse that "oh it's sunny out" is a very poor one. Going to a ball game with good weather and beer in hand...feelsgoodman.

I've been to a few games in my time and I honestly prefer watching in a packed sports bar. Better and cheaper beer and food, same rowdiness if not more than the 300s section and I prefer having commentary to go with the game.

TylerD

Dallas won?!?! So only 1 higher seed won the first game of their series. NBA Playoffs, you are quite interesting!

Got my earplugs ready for tonight. I feel it is going to be epicly loud and my ears still hurt :/

So is Brandi happy or sad right now?

ghostofsparta said:
WOOOOOOO!

But that's any city's hardcore fanbase though. Ask Yankee fans or Jets fans how they feel about other teams

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Well shit... didn't expect to lose game 1. Especially like the way we did. Total amateur hour in the last few minutes. Sweet Christ...

This team never learns and they most likely never will until it's too damn late. Oh well, on to game 2 I guess. *shrugs*

Dark FaZe said:
Why would the Pacers make that trade?

After thinking about it, I have no idea, I just don't want any possibility of James Harden playing on the Jazz next season, but he's the best trade piece they could possibly acquire :/

TylerD

ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
After thinking about it, I have no idea, I just don't want any possibility of James Harden playing on the Jazz next season, but he's the best trade piece they could possibly acquire :/

What do you mean you don't want Harden? He can manufacture points by shooting from the outside when not being timid and kicking his legs out to get to the line or driving towards the rim to get fouled to get to the line. Just think how good he will be when he develops the leg kick out midrange shot to get to the line! You don't even have to worry about him being selfish when there is a superstar out on the court cause he will likely defer.

So. Much. Upside.

He could be much better in a system where the ball gets passed to him on a regular basis.

Please show up tonight James.

SamuraiX- said:

Yup. As soon as he came out in the first like that I thought it spelled doom for us. When Fisher made two layups though and Pau wasn't rubbing his stomach cramps I thought it was swinging back into our favor but alas not the case.

Blackface said:
Most Laker fans will only be around as long as the Lakers are winning. Which will stop in a few years unless they by some miracle get Dwight Howard (they won't).

These are the same Laker fans who turned on Shaq after Shaq carried their team to multiple championships.

These are the same Laker fans who have tried to argue that Kobe is as good as Jordan.

These are the same Laker fans who threw Pau under the bus after a single game, even though he is the reason they have even won the latest championships.

These are the same Laker fans who think Bynum is as good as Shaq.

I am honestly interested in seeing how some of these guys are going to deal with the Lakers post Kobe/Phil Jackson.

I honestly despise most Laker fans that I come into contact with for these same reasons. You can always count a typical "Laker" fan to:

A) Only know the names of at least 3 or at most 5 players on the team and of those 3 to 5 two of them are going to be Kobe #8 and Kobe #24.

B) They only watch Laker games so the idea that anyone outside Kobe can make 2 shots in a row or a long distance 3 seems impossible and is further proof that he is without peers.

C) Bring up any Laker outside of Magic Johnson, Kobe and maybe Kareem and they have no idea who your talking about.

That being said though there are a good mix of Laker fans on gaf that clearly know their shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom