• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
TylerD said:
What do you mean you don't want Harden? He can manufacture points by shooting from the outside when not being timid and kicking his legs out to get to the line or driving towards the rim to get fouled to get to the line. Just think how good he will be when he develops the leg kick out midrange shot to get to the line! You don't even have to worry about him being selfish when there is a superstar out on the court cause he will likely defer.

So. Much. Upside.

He could be much better in a system where the ball gets passed to him on a regular basis.

He's easily the least watchable player in the NBA. I have to think there is a bad team out there though that will trade for him since he's a lot better in a scoring/playmaking role than just a third wheel role and hopefully the Jazz can capitalize since Al might be something OKC needs and take the player from the third team.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Forceatowulf said:
Well shit... didn't expect to lose game 1. Especially like the way we did. Total amateur hour in the last few minutes. Sweet Christ...

This team never learns and they most likely never will until it's too damn late. Oh well, on to game 2 I guess. *shrugs*

Never learns? 2 Championships in a row? Hello?

I think its funny that Lakers fans keep complaining about touches or feeding the post. The triangle offense is based off of constant passes to a big. If the big wants to kick it out that's their business. Pau has great handle and can adequately score in any situation near the high post. His inability to attack offensively is a mental flaw and has nothing to do with Kobe Bryant, coaching or the scheme.

SUPREME1

Banned
Pau is the reason why we are struggling. He's so fucking hesitant to make any kind of move in the post, even when he's one on one and deep enough to get off a good shot.

Pussy.

Sanjuro

Jamesfrom818 said:
I've been to a few games in my time and I honestly prefer watching in a packed sports bar. Better and cheaper beer and food, same rowdiness if not more than the 300s section and I prefer having commentary to go with the game.
That's fine. Again, not every fan in every fanbase is subject to their perception. Los Angeles fans have had this stigma for years in the sports scene. Nothing new.

verbum

So this is what the afterglow of a round two win feels like. Atlanta fan here, A new experience (well it's been so long, 1997, it feels new).

Reviewing's Kobe missed three, Bynumbskull set a clear moving screen which is why Kidd's defense looked crappy. Kobe can't get it done guys.

Sanjuro

Man, Laker fans here are crushingly hard on Kobe. How did you not expect this? He is still a "A-Caliber" player who is surrounded by at best "B/C-Level talent". No matter what you guys think you need to rely on him one-hundred percent.

Red Blaster said:
Reviewing's Kobe missed three, Bynumbskull set a clear moving screen which is why Kidd's defense looked crappy. Kobe can't get it done guys.

Yeah I saw that. No way refs are letting that decide the game though. Kobe's shot killed me. Mostly because it looked so clean I thought for sure that was going in. When he gets full extension at the height of his jump like that it normally means dagger.

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Man, Laker fans here are crushingly hard on Kobe. How did you not expect this? He is still a "A-Caliber" player who is surrounded by at best "B/C-Level talent". No matter what you guys think you need to rely on him one-hundred percent.

Were all aware of that. Aside from a couple plays Kobe was playing a incredible game last night. The shots we needed from him were dropping(except the most important one). All I am saying though is we do so much better as a team especially if he is hot like that when he uses it to get the rest of the team involved.

SUPREME1

Banned
Red Blaster said:

They should have called a foul on Kidd on the play before that, there was more contact there than when they called it Purrr Gasol before that.

But yeah, fuck Pau right now. It's been weeks and he's still acting like a bitch.

Man the fuck up and make a move asshole. This ain't the time to become a basketcase fucker.

Darkman M

Dark FaZe said:
I think its funny that Lakers fans keep complaining about touches or feeding the post. The triangle offense is based off of constant passes to a big. If the big wants to kick it out that's their business. Pau has great handle and can adequately score in any situation near the high post. His inability to attack offensively is a mental flaw and has nothing to do with Kobe Bryant, coaching or the scheme.
Preach, I'm still amazed people can't get this through their heads, Pau gets plenty of touches, and if he wanted even more he could get em.

Sanjuro

BruceLeeRoy said:
Were all aware of that. Aside from a couple plays Kobe was playing a incredible game last night. The shots we needed from him were dropping(except the most important one). All I am saying though is we do so much better as a team especially if he is hot like that when he uses it to get the rest of the team involved.

Red Blaster said:

You're not all aware of that.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
SUPREME1 said:
They should have called a foul on Kidd on the play before that, there was more contact there than when they called it Purrr Gasol before that.

I have no idea how anyone could say this after watching both plays.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
ItWasMeantToBe19 said:
Dirk had six possessions against Pau last night, he scored 13 points on those 6 possessions.
2.166PPP? Jeysus.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
CherryWoodFuton said:
5-1 playoff record so far how disappointing

They look slow and barely beat a bad Sixer team. Can't keep relying on Wade to bail them out.

exarkun

CherryWoodFuton said:
5-1 playoff record so far how disappointing

Playing ugly basketball? Two of their bigger stars disappearing for stretches at a time? Bosh are good in the 1st series, though.

dream

exarkun said:
Playing ugly basketball? Two of their bigger stars disappearing for stretches at a time? Bosh are good in the 1st series, though.

Chris-Bosh-Slander.jpg

you go girl

You could say the same thing with Boston, or Chicago, or San Antonio (lol). The Heat might not be playing fucking textbook 1980s Celtics championship basketball but at the end of the day we have the best playoff record so far out of all the playoff teams

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
CherryWoodFuton said:
You could say the same thing with Boston, or Chicago, or San Antonio (lol). The Heat might not be playing fucking textbook 1980s Celtics championship basketball but at the end of the day we have the best playoff record so far out of all the playoff teams

Ahead by 1 game? Not much of a discrepancy. I do agree Miami has looked the best, but not "clear favorite" best.

dream

CherryWoodFuton said:
Ever been to South Beach????

3.jpg

I don't...understand the...second from the left...person...I mean...it's obviously a guy...but it's obviously not trying to hide it...but it's obviously trying to look feminine...but...it's...I don't get it.

Blackface

Banned
Kobe Bryant has missed his last five game-tying or go-ahead postseason field goal attempts in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime.

For his postseason career, Bryant is 7-for-25 (28.0 percent) on potential go-ahead or game-tying field goal attempts in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime.

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...In_Postseason_Clutch_Situations#ixzz1LJVg1Bll

That combined with the article from last year really show Kobe is not clutch at all. Complete fraud in the clutch.

reilo

Blackface said:
That combined with the article from last year really show Kobe is not clutch at all. Complete fraud in the clutch.
Pssst... when talking about clutch, it helps to compare it to what other players are in those exact situations.

BruceLeeRoy said:
Yup. As soon as he came out in the first like that I thought it spelled doom for us. When Fisher made two layups though and Pau wasn't rubbing his stomach cramps I thought it was swinging back into our favor but alas not the case.

Eh, last night wasn't Kobe's fault, it was everyone else's. Kobe's 1st few shots were within the context of the offense and were open shots he has to take. The team played fine. It was in the 3rd quarter when the team started reeling that Kobe took over. At that moment, 1 of 3 things can happen. Kobe forces is too much and ruins the game, the Lakers join him and exert their will, or they beg Kobe to bail em out. For some reason they went with option 3. I've seen all 3 happen all the time, but last night Kobe didn't force it until the end when it became obvious he had to do it. Don't forget, he TRIED to get Pau going by having him post up to watch him turn it over. He went to the other side of the court a couple times and Lamar brought the ball to him even though Kobe wasn't demanding it. The team got dumb.

I honestly despise most Laker fans that I come into contact with for these same reasons. You can always count a typical "Laker" fan to:

You can say this about every fan base. Only difference is LA is one of the biggest cities in the world and it's a worldwide franchise, so you'll encounter more of them by sheer brute force of the numbers. Most LAL fans are as smart as any of em.

And his pure bandwagon claim is total bullshit. Dodger Stadium always did well even though the team was pretty mediocre in the post-strike era until McCourt took over. And the stadium was terrible at the time too. Only reason the fans are finally bailing is to protest McCourt and McCourt alone for being a scumbag. Lakers ratings have always been high, even between the Magic era and Shaq/Kobe era or the 3 down years for the Kobe era. USC fills up the Coliseum all the time, even before Pete Carrol came.

Hell, realize that the Clippers have been one of the most profitable franchises in the NBA over the past 20 seasons. Thing about that. They are a terrible basketball team and they still make a lot of money.

Sure, we're bandwagony like anyone else. But we're not that unique in this.

edit: Sanjuro has 0% right to say anything about Laker fans being bandwagon fans, lest he forget his stadium chanting MVP for Kobe Bean Bryant. Boston Celtics fans were hardly to be found until 2008.

The Grizz are playing great and are sizzling hot but I don't get that feeling like they will take it.

I know that the Thunder won't take it. Mavs and Lakers can though and it's too bad that they are playing each other right now. Heat will be in the finals unless the Celts stop them.

Dark FaZe said:

Pau got his touches, Drew did not. Especially not with the bench unit. I can only remember 2 passes he received in the 4th quarter from the bench unit which had nearly a 6 minute run. That is absurd.

I don't care if Pau or Drew passes it back out. I care when it's never passed into them to begin with. Shannon did this a lot. Ron took about 4 god awful shots in the game, too, that were unnecessary.

I'd also like to see Pau post up on the other side of the court more often, where he can use his lefty hook. He didn't go that side the entire 4th. And some more face, especially on Tyson.

thekad

Banned
reilo said:
Pssst... when talking about clutch, it helps to compare it to what other players are in those exact situations.

Below are Kobe's career playoff numbers in this situation. Overall, Bryant is 7-25 on potential go-ahead or game-tying FGA in the final 24 seconds of the fourth quarter or overtime of postseason games, good for a 28.0 FG percentage. The league average on these shots over Kobe's career (the past 15 postseasons) is about 28.1 percent, so Kobe is basically right at the NBA average over the course of his career.

29lg3uo.jpg

reilo

Blackface said:
http://i.imgur.com/sJDR3.jpg[/IMG[/QUOTE]
Damn. Boston better not run anymore plays for Ray Allen in the final seconds then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom