• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2011 NBA Playoffs |OT2| Love Jesus or I'll cut you

Status
Not open for further replies.
so i take it trax will ignore me since I asked him to provide proof.

I don't see Kobe passing Kareem. I think in about 3 years Kobe will have regressed a lot physically. And I think injuries will eventually pile up.

there is a ton of mileage on him.

Blackface

Banned
Black Mamba said:
so i take it trax will ignore me since I asked him to provide proof.

I don't see Kobe passing Kareem. I think in about 3 years Kobe will have regressed a lot physically. And I think injuries will eventually pile up.

there is a ton of mileage on him.

I am not about to dig through old shit to bring it up. Stop being an idiot. You argued a number of things. Including stats telling the entire story. When I would bring up they don't, you dismissed it.

You are a hypocrite.

Blackface

Banned
ryutaro's mama said:
And yet, to pass Red, Phil came back and coached Kobe to 2 more chips.

Phil could have gone ANYWHERE but he came back to Mr. Uncoachable.

Phil asked for Kobe to be traded a number of times according to his book.

Ask Phil why he did it, not me.

Shadow780 said:
These are the same argument over and over, have something new to talk about.

Let's give it another wrapper:

Phil and Kobe are Walker/Diesel of the Current Laker Dynasty franchise:

2000-2002: The Fast and the Furious

2003-2004: 2 Fast 2 Furious

2005-2008: Tokyo Drift

2009: Fast & Furious

2010: Fast Five

Shadow780

ryutaro's mama said:

But TD was better than 2F2F!

Blackface said:
I am not about to dig through old shit to bring it up. Stop being an idiot. You argued a number of things. Including stats telling the entire story. When I would bring up they don't, you dismissed it.

You are a hypocrite.

Now you're just lying. I have mentioned numerous times stats do not tell the entire story.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh is suing the mother of his child who is starring in the third season of the VH1 reality show Basketball Wives for infringing his trademark and publicity rights.
The lawsuit filed yesterday in California District Court points out that the VH1 program doesn't actually show wives of basketball players, but rather women who are dating, or have dated, or have been married to NBA players.
Bosh is claiming that co-defendants Allison Mathis and producer Shed Media are commercially exploiting his likeness and trademark, and the complaint offers an amusing rationale on why Mathis' appearance doesn't constitute protected First Amendment expression against Bosh's purported intellectual property rights:

http://bit.ly/iEqacp

Lol.

Blackface

Banned
numble said:
You ought to do more than copy and pasting Henry Abbott's blog every 2 weeks. You have so much free time, you should read the book yourself to confirm. Come back here to post the citations.

I have no interest in the book at all. Most of whats in it has come out over the years. I don't need to confirm. It isn't coming from some random site. It's on ESPN and has not been refuted. I am sure someone else who has read the book can confirm it. Otherwise feel free to contact ESPN and let them know one of their most talked about blog posts of all time is wrong.

exarkun

BruceLeeRoy said:
24 Hours? Try the last 7 months. Kad talks about Kobe so much I honestly can't remember what team he likes.

He's a timberwolves fan I think. Last time I checked, that was the only franchise he hasn't taken a shot at.

reilo said:
Miami Heat superstar Chris Bosh is suing the mother of his child who is starring in the third season of the VH1 reality show Basketball Wives for infringing his trademark and publicity rights.
The lawsuit filed yesterday in California District Court points out that the VH1 program doesn't actually show wives of basketball players, but rather women who are dating, or have dated, or have been married to NBA players.
Bosh is claiming that co-defendants Allison Mathis and producer Shed Media are commercially exploiting his likeness and trademark, and the complaint offers an amusing rationale on why Mathis' appearance doesn't constitute protected First Amendment expression against Bosh's purported intellectual property rights:

Lol.

Chris Bosh is the best player in the league right now.

He gives us more material than anyone.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
exarkun said:
He's a timberwolves fan I think. Last time I checked, that was the only franchise he hasn't taken a shot at.
I'd imagine that's because they're such an afterthought and not worth talking about.

numble

Blackface said:
I have no interest in the book at all. Most of whats in it has come out over the years. I don't need to confirm. It isn't coming from some random site. It's on ESPN and has not been refuted. I am sure someone else who has read the book can confirm it. Otherwise feel free to contact ESPN and let them know one of their most talked about blog posts of all time is wrong.
It's a blog post by Henry Abbott. When William Safire writes an editorial in the New York Times, people don't say it's what ESPN is saying, its William Safire. They don't make corrections to opinion blogs, since it's not meant to be taken as fact.

I know you have it saved as your homepage, but it's boring that you keep copying and pasting it every 2 weeks. Make some new arguments.

Karakand

Tokyo Drift is a bad FatF movie in that it doesn't resemble Point Break at all but it's not an unfun bad movie like say 2F2F. (We hungry.)

reilo said:

Lol.

You didn't quote the best part!

Bosh claims his consent was required for use of his mark -- his name -- and that the reality show is likely to confuse the public into thinking he authorized or sponsored Basketball Wives. Bosh also claims that the show has wrongfully converted his "life rights" and divulged facts about him that have been harmful and "destroyed" the commercial value of his "life rights." He's also suing the defendants for intruding upon his private home life.

Life Rights. lol.

Everything she says must be true since he's not suing for defamation...

reilo

Black Mamba said:
You didn't quote the best part!

Life Rights. lol.

Everything she says must be true since he's not suing for defamation...
I was on my iPhone at the time. He claims that his name is a "trademark".

Blackface

Banned
numble said:
It's a blog post by Henry Abbott. When William Safire writes an editorial in the New York Times, people don't say it's what ESPN is saying, its William Safire. They don't make corrections to opinion blogs, since it's not meant to be taken as fact.

I know you have it saved as your homepage, but it's boring that you keep copying and pasting it every 2 weeks. Make some new arguments.

You are trying to start an argument out of nothing. I never said ESPN said Kobe wasn't clutch, or ESPN said Kobe wasn't good.

You asked for the pages in Phil's book where he made the statement. I said I don't know I never read it, and linked you to where it's being talked about.

The main reason I post that is because it gets people like you angry. It's funny, I laugh, it's all worth it.

verbum

Rooting for the Celtics tonight. 25% shooting and turnovers better not be around tonight. I would be so happy if O'Neal came off the bench in a surprise move tonight. Tie this series up.

numble

Blackface said:
You are trying to start an argument out of nothing. I never said ESPN said Kobe wasn't clutch, or ESPN said Kobe wasn't good.

You asked for the pages in Phil's book where he made the statement. I said I don't know I never read it, and linked you to where it's being talked about.

The main reason I post that is because it gets people like you angry. It's funny, I laugh, it's all worth it.
It doesn't get anyone angry if it's posted every 10 days. C'mon, you've lost a step. You're just mailing it in like Vince Carter.

Rodeo Clown

Karakand said:
wish i could see f5 w/you..
Thanks, buddy.

I recently watched The Fast and the Furious with a buddy, and we laughed through practically the whole movie.

"The buster kept me out of handcuffs!"

Damn, I love those movies. (Except 2, obviously.) And how dare people hate on Tokyo Drift. It's a movie where a guy with a terrible Southern accent meets up Bow Wow in Japan and races cars. What more do you want?

Branduil

Watching the last play again, Kobe should have gone after his shot instead of just standing back and watching. There was still time for a put-back attempt.

reilo

Rodeo Clown said:
Thanks, buddy.

I recently watched The Fast and the Furious with a buddy, and we laughed through practically the whole movie.

"The buster kept me out of handcuffs!"

Damn, I love those movies. (Except 2, obviously.) And how dare people hate on Tokyo Drift. It's a movie where a guy with a terrible Southern accent meets up Bow Wow in Japan and races cars. What more do you want?
Don't forget the symbolism of putting in a Nissan Skyline GTR engine into a Ford Mustang and then using the Mustang to drift.

reilo

Rodeo Clown said:
You owe it to yourself. More than any of the other ones, it has some excellent melodrama.
Better or worse than Unstoppable (zzzzzZZzzZZzz)?

CherryWoodFuton said:
Ever been to South Beach????

3.jpg

jpMAd.gif

ryutaro's mama said:

HAHA that right there is perfect.

reilo

Sanjuro Tsubaki said:
Wait, people actually hold these movies to a high regard? O_O
In a, "I want to watch the Timberwolves play just to see how bad they are", kind of regard, really.

Rodeo Clown

reilo said:
Better or worse than Unstoppable (zzzzzZZzzZZzz)?
Never saw it, but Fast and Furious is fun. I mean, they try to get mannequins like Jordana Brewster and Vin Diesel to have emotional moments. It's fantastic.

reilo

Revenge of the Fallen was still possibly the worst movie I've seen in theaters -- and I've seen Rollerball 2000 and Die Another Day in theaters.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
reilo said:
Revenge of the Fallen was still possibly the worst movie I've seen in theaters -- and I've seen Rollerball 2000 and Die Another Day in theaters.

RotF = Bad bad movie.
FnF = Good bad movies.

Good God RotF was horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom