• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

I hate this thread.

060108_mcgrady_hmed_7p.standard.jpg

Now you hate this thread.

Cloudy

Banned
All Kobe fans should have a soft spot for T-Mac and vice versa. They had the last great superstar rivalry IMO. 2 guys with handles, athleticism and swag but both also had unlimited range.

Back then superstar matchups weren't just FT contests like today and the guys actually guarded each other!

Vahagn

All Kobe fans should have a soft spot for T-Mac and vice versa. They had the last great superstar rivalry IMO. 2 guys with handles, athleticism and swag but both also had unlimited range.

Back then superstar matchups weren't just FT contests like today and the guys actually guarded each other!

I really liked TMac - till I came on this thread and saw a bunch of people saying TMac used to be better than Kobe. Of course, that was TMac as a 1st option and Kobe as a 2nd...and Kobe still matched him tit for tat. Once Kobe became the first option, that TMac argument died pretty quick.

Means it shouldn't have been around in the fist place.

Also, you're forgetting how many surgeries TMac had to go through on his knees. He was never the same after the first surgery.

I really liked TMac - till I came on this thread and saw a bunch of people saying TMac used to be better than Kobe. Of course, that was TMac as a 1st option and Kobe as a 2nd...and Kobe still matched him tit for tat. Once Kobe became the first option, that TMac argument died pretty quick.

Also, you're forgetting how many surgeries TMac had to go through on his knees. He was never the same after the first surgery.

kobe vs tmac was awesome.

Pimpwerx

Didn't see the Knicks game but how the hell does Felton go 9-30? Especially when he only took 3 three pointers.

I went out last night, so missed everything from UFC to Pacman to the Heat game. I'm looking at the Knicks-Bulls box score and that's the first thing that jumped off the page for me too. How in the hell does an average PG take 30 shots in a game? That's unheard of volume for a PG. Even Westbrick is sitting at home going, "No more shots for you, bro." Missing 21 of them is just the icing on the cake. He took 6 more shots than the rest of the starters combined. How the fuck does that happen? PEACE.

man you really like kobe

I went out last night, so missed everything from UFC to Pacman to the Heat game. I'm looking at the Knicks-Bulls box score and that's the first thing that jumped off the page for me too. How in the hell does an average PG take 30 shots in a game? That's unheard of volume for a PG. Even Westbrick is sitting at home going, "No more shots for you, bro." Missing 21 of them is just the icing on the cake. He took 6 more shots than the rest of the starters combined. How the fuck does that happen? PEACE.

jr went full retard and no one else besides tyson was helping on offense. not enough ball movement either.

I disagree. I would say they were even

T-Mac: 32.1 ppg on 46% (39% from 3), 6.5 rpg, 5.5 apg, 1.7 spg

Kobe: 30.0 ppg on 45% (38% from 3), 6.9 rpg, 5.9 apg, 2.2 spg

IMO this was Kobe's best season and he should have been MVP

Those stats are so identical. It's really a question of who you like better.

Vahagn

man you really like kobe

I grew up watching him in my formative Basketball Years. Like Simmons with Bird or any 80's Laker fan with Magic or 90's Bulls fan with Jordan. I was 11 when Kobe got traded to the Lakers and have watched 95% of his games since. I'm now 28.

Eddie Jones was actually my favorite NBA Player before he got traded away from the Lakers then it became Kobe.

Pimpwerx

Those stats are so identical. It's really a question of who you like better.

Wrong. T-Mac's game had more swag. Hence, his game was superior.

For the record, I was a huge T-Mac mark back then, and considered him the best player in the league. I'm probably a wee bit biased.

Eddie Jones was actually my favorite NBA Player before he got traded away from the Lakers then it became Kobe.

As a Heat fan, all I can ask is "why?" PEACE.

T-Mac might have been able to stretch his prime years further if he got to play with a Top 5 center in league history instead of Fat Shawn Kemp and Drew Gooden

Vahagn

T-Mac might have been able to stretch his prime years further if he got to play with a Top 5 center in league history instead of Yao Ming

Fixed. Maybe. But Kobe's body is also more durable than TMac's. Maybe it's because he can play through pain, whatever it is. That had something to do with it.

Kobe's had 3 or 4 surgeries on his right knee. Broken hand, broken fingers. He's just been able to play through stuff TMac wasn't able to.

Remember when T-Mac kept saying his knees hurt in Houston but the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him? I'm pretty sure Kobe would have played through that and averaged 27-30.

This

Kobe had that procedure a ton of times, kept playing through it. Doctors said Kobe's knee is bone on bone, keeps playing through it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Maybe. But Kobe's body is also more durable than TMac's. Maybe it's because he can play through pain, whatever it is. That had something to do with it.

Kobe's had 3 or 4 surgeries on his right knee. Broken hand, broken fingers. He's just been able to play through stuff TMac wasn't able to.

Remember when T-Mac kept saying his knees hurt in Houston but the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him? They kept saying nothing was wrong with him? I'm pretty sure Kobe would have played through that and averaged 27-30.

This

Kobe had that procedure a ton of times, kept playing through it. Doctors said Kobe's knee is bone on bone, keeps playing through it.
Kobe never played 1 on 5 ball for the majority of his career either but whatevs

Watched yesterday's Kansas game, I don't quite get the newfound hype behind McLemore; seems like Arron Afflalo is his ceiling, not sure he has the upside of someone like Goodwin.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
ice raven
viakado
basketball/herpes reasons

since its been two weeks since I asked Raging Spaniard, would you like to take over making the avatar of Kobechu to embarrass Adam Blade?

Here's what I was going to use before my laptop rejected photoshop like Clovis at a bar.

Artistic freedom is yours, etc.

Fixed. Maybe. But Kobe's body is also more durable than TMac's. Maybe it's because he can play through pain, whatever it is. That had something to do with it.

Remember when T-Mac kept saying his knees hurt in Houston but the doctors couldn't figure out what was wrong with him? I'm pretty sure Kobe would have played through that and averaged 27-30.

This

how do you know if tmac'c knee isn't way more fucked than kobe's?

there's some shit you just can't play through.

redit:unrelated kobe and messi commercial.

Colangelo flew to LA & read the team (and individual players) the riot act. Clips gon' get this work.*

"Work" is Canadian street slang for '12 point win.'

I'm watching the TSN broadcast, and wow, does BC blame everyone but himself...

It's his contract year, and he's about 5 months away from being a consultant. He can't really afford to take responsibility for his "accelerated rebuild" not being the challenger for the 8th seed he was selling in the offseason.

Insert "building a winning culture" joke here.

Top Bottom