• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

charsace

I mean they would look almost the same..

I think him and LBJ would bump heads on O, since they both want to do the same thing..

Maybe. Wade is similar to Lebron too except he's a terrible jumpshooter from everywhere vs Iggy who can hit 3's at least and is a more willing passer.

And Koufos looks much smaller than Chandler. Chandler is like 7'1 which means Brook Lopez is like 7'2. Damn.

Vahagn

Wade was really good to start the year and probably has a nagging injury that he and the team don't want to disclose but keep in mind...

Dwyane Wade
12/13 $17,024,000
13/14 $18,536,000
14/15 $20,048,000
15/16 $21,560,000

He'll be 31 in a month. He'll be making 21.5 mil when he's 34, he looks done at times this year. Hell, he had really rough patches in the playoffs last year. With his injury history....yea

Andre Iguodala
12/13 $14,718,250
13/14 $15,904,750

No way I'd make that deal, even if Ms. Union promised to sit courtside every game.

Why? Denver won't get another player of Wade's caliber or star quality ever. Not like they need to intelligently manage their payroll to get over the top and win championships. Get Wade, sell out the arena, and maybe you'll even get past the first round. We know this current Nuggets team isn't doing it.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Maybe. Wade is similar to Lebron too except he's a terrible jumpshooter from everywhere vs Iggy who can hit 3's at least and is a more willing passer.

And Koufos looks much smaller than Chandler. Chandler is like 7'1 which means Brook Lopez is like 7'2. Damn.

LBJ and Iggy would be interesting to say the least. I have always loved Iggy's game..

Why? Denver won't get another player of Wade's caliber or star quality ever. Not like they need to intelligently manage their payroll to get over the top and win championships. Get Wade, sell out the arena, and maybe you'll even get past the first round. We know this current Nuggets team isn't doing it.

Advocating getting tangled with Wade's contract along with giving up Iggy just cause...is dumb.

Pimpwerx

Wade was really good to start the year and probably has a nagging injury that he and the team don't want to disclose but keep in mind...

Dwyane Wade
12/13 $17,024,000
13/14 $18,536,000
14/15 $20,048,000
15/16 $21,560,000

He'll be 31 in a month. He'll be making 21.5 mil when he's 34, he looks done at times this year. Hell, he had really rough patches in the playoffs last year. With his injury history....yea

Andre Iguodala
12/13 $14,718,250
13/14 $15,904,750

No way I'd make that deal, even if Ms. Union promised to sit courtside every game.
Because you're stupid. Injured Wade is still a better player than Iggy. Miami would never make that trade, because you're not leaning on Iggy to carry your team during any meaningful stretch of any meaningful game. Injured Wade still had plenty big moments in the playoffs last year. PEACE.

Blackace

I doubt Wade goes ham in Den.. in fact I could see him coast it out.

charsace

LBJ and Iggy would be interesting to say the least. I have always loved Iggy's game..

I think anyone that knows basketball loves Iggy's game. Nice skill set and he's a competitor.

I think Wade is done and if he isn't he doesn't have much left. Right now he's living off of Lebron and Bosh.

Blackace

Because you're stupid. Injured Wade is still a better player than Iggy. Miami would never make that trade, because you're not leaning on Iggy to carry your team during any meaningful stretch of any meaningful game. Injured Wade still had plenty big moments in the playoffs last year. PEACE.

Let's just not call people stupid for an idea.. Also teams lean on Iggy all the time. But really the Heat is LBJ's team now..

Denver says no before Miami, for a plethora of reasons. Never did I say Miami should jump on the deal.

Maybe don't start your responses with insults if you want to be taken seriously.

Pimpwerx

Just how ridiculous that proposal is:

Iggy:
PPG APG RPG PER
14.2 3.8 5.2 13.64

Injured Wade:
PPG APG RPG PER
19.8 4.4 3.7 21.28

GTFO with even dreaming that would be a passable swap. You're out of your fucking mind. Us Heat fans will just have a way to suffer with Wade's far-superior productivity. PEACE.

Blackace

I think anyone that knows basketball loves Iggy's game. Nice skill set and he's a competitor.

Well, 76er fans didn't seem to appreciate his game..

His man to man D is also underrated as well.. It would make the Heat grab and dash D even better

Just how ridiculous that proposal is:

Iggy:
PPG APG RPG PER
14.2 3.8 5.2 13.64

Injured Wade:
PPG APG RPG PER
19.8 4.4 3.7 21.28

GTFO with even dreaming that would be a passable swap. You're out of your fucking mind. Us Heat fans will just have a way to suffer with Wade's far-superior productivity. PEACE.

Did you just prove that you don't know how to read? I think you just proved that you don't know how to read.

Pimpwerx

Did you just prove that you don't know how to read? I think you just proved that you don't know how to read.

I think you just proved you don't know how dumb your idea sounded, period. It's a stupid idea, and you can try to justify it all you want, but it's still stupid. PEACE.

Blackace

I think you just proved you don't know how dumb your idea sounded, period. It's a stupid idea, and you can try to justify it all you want, but it's still stupid. PEACE.

yo, you are really too worked up over an out of the air idea... damn.

charsace

Well, 76er fans didn't seem to appreciate his game..

His man to man D is also underrated as well.. It would make the Heat grab and dash D even better

He was in a bad role in Philly. Iggy should be your second or third guy.

Chandler just had a nasty dunk. McGee had a head band on on the bench and took if off before he came into the game. I don't understand that one.

Vahagn

Advocating getting tangled with Wade's contract along with giving up Iggy just cause...is dumb.

Just Cuz? You're paying 5-7 million more but your franchise has a Legit top 10 player when healthy and one of the most exciting players in the league.

Wade's battled injuries his entire career, he's coasted through the regular season almost every season...this is what he does. He's not finished as a carry-a-team to the playoffs type of talent however. He's a bankable superstar that will easily make the team A) Better and B) more profitable.

You do that deal in a heartbeat if you're Denver. It's like we're forgetting that Wade is a legitimate challenge to Kobe as the best SG in the game year in and year out because he has injuries.

giri

Just Cuz? You're paying 5-7 million more but your franchise has a Legit top 10 player when healthy and one of the most exciting players in the league.

Wade's battled injuries his entire career, he's coasted through the regular season almost every season...this is what he does. He's not finished as a carry-a-team to the playoffs type of talent however. He's a bankable superstar that will easily make the team A) Better and B) more profitable.

You do that deal in a heartbeat if you're Denver. It's like we're forgetting that Wade is a legitimate challenge to Kobe as the best SG in the game year in and year out because he has injuries.

Wade isn't the Answer for Denver and doesn't do enough for them to bother taking on the salary.

And iggy is completely redundant to miami.

I don't think either team even bother to lift the phone to make the call.

Wade is better than Iggy no question but it only makes their payroll higher and ties them up financially for longer all while not fixing their problem at PF and C.

Pimpwerx

In this alternate universe, Denver would balk at the idea of upgrading. SMH. And apparently I feel too strongly about what is, at its core, a boneheaded, Bill Simmons-esque, suggestion.

Some of the comments like, "at least Iggy can shoot the 3" and "Wade is 31..." are telling. Iggy shoots 33% for his career, and Wade is only 2 years older than him. Denver pulls the trigger on that trade yesterday, and Riley laughs them off the phone. PEACE.

charsace

You need to watch more of Wade. Even when he's coasting he usually gets a ton of back door dunks and back door alleyoops. He's not getting them so far this season. Lebron carried him during the title run. A lot of his buckets have been coming off of tough pull ups. So when he runs into a guy like Kidd who is a great defender, he looks bad. It used to be that he could just run by guys whenever he wants and drop the hammer. He has hardly done that this season.

People say Iggy would be redundant. He would give Miami more than Wade does with his outside shot and lock down defense. Him and Lebron would be fucking crazy running out on the break.

giri

In this alternate universe, Denver would balk at the idea of upgrading. SMH. And apparently I feel too strongly about what is, at its core, a boneheaded, Bill Simmons-esque, suggestion.

Some of the comments like, "at least Iggy can shoot the 3" and "Wade is 31..." are telling. Iggy shoots 33% for his career, and Wade is only 2 years older than him. Denver pulls the trigger on that trade yesterday, and Riley laughs them off the phone. PEACE.

You're trying too hard to troll now. Gotta be more subtle about it.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Iggy's 3pt shooting has been much improved over the last two years. Wade can't be bothered to even pretend to be healthy. It is Simmonsy, but lets be real... no one but Sacramento or Toronto would make a big push for Wade at the rate of his decline.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Tyson on my chest.

Melo needs to feel his shots better.

1st quarter is looking difficult. Feels like a repeat of Bulls game. :\

Vahagn

Wade is better than Iggy no question but it only makes their payroll higher and ties them up financially for longer all while not fixing their problem at PF and C.

You're pretending they are trying to contend though. They're not. And they sure as hell aren't doing it by upgrading their PF and C with serviceable pieces. They need a superstar if they ever want to have a chance, and breaking up the current defending champions definitely helps their cause.

With Wade, you know that if Bron has an off night, or disappears again, he can get you 30, even 40 in a playoff game. If Bron isn't brilliant every night in the playoffs Iggy can't step up at will and dominate. Wade can. It's a no brainer.

giri

Iggy's 3pt shooting has been much improved over the last two years. Wade can't be bothered to even pretend to be healthy. It is Simmonsy, but lets be real... no one but Sacramento or Toronto would make a big push for Wade at the rate of his decline.

I said it earlier today talking to other peeps.

I fully expect BC to throw everything he has at a trade for an over the hill super star to "try and win*."

*Winning for BC is getting his contract renewed.

NY could possibly find someone that would take on Amare if he comes back and looks good.....

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
You're pretending they are trying to contend though. They're not. And they sure as hell aren't doing it by upgrading their PF and C with serviceable pieces. They need a superstar if they ever want to have a chance, and breaking up the current defending champions definitely helps their cause.

You make it sound like Denver is an old ass team or something.

I highly doubt Wade ever carries Miami through even two playoff games in a row ever again too. Chalmers had a greater impact in the playoffs than Wade did. Chars is right too - Wade can't even pick up the bunnies and easy buckets that he used to.

Blackace

With Wade, you know that if Bron has an off night, or disappears again, he can get you 30, even 40 in a playoff game. If Bron isn't brilliant every night in the playoffs Iggy can't step up at will and dominate. Wade can. It's a no brainer.

They have another player who can score 30 with more touches and another who could score 30 to 40 on a hot night..

They don't NEED it to be LBJ or Wade only..

Top Bottom