• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I'm already sick of Cousins. He's such a dirty player and he gets away with murder under the basket. I don't like watching all of his antics, and he's clearly unstable.
I heard he watched tapes of Malone as a kid

so humble

linsivvi

I have no idea why the Suns picked up Scola. He's the kind of player who has more value to a deep playoff team than a rebuilding one.

Jarlaxle

They don't really have any end goals other than to make money and be competitive. No focus on big time free agents or tanking.

We did try for Eric Gordon this past year. I also think we'll wind up trading Gortat and going for the complete tank either by the trade deadline or the draft. We'll probably finish with a top 5 pick this year but next year will be the real prize and without Gortat and probably Dudley, we should be competing for Wiggins.

Jarlaxle

I have no idea why the Suns picked up Scola. He's the kind of player who has more value to a deep playoff team than a rebuilding one.

He was super cheap. He's a good trade asset amongst a team with barely any assets. He can hopefully help mentor Markief Morris.

Jeff-DSA

He was super cheap. He's a good trade asset amongst a team with barely any assets. He can hopefully help mentor Markief Morris.

We can only hope that Scola doesn't actually do any mentoring. We don't need more guys getting stomped on in this league. It's just bad PR.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
Beasley has the worst luck in the world.

He deserves a quality organization.

Maybe we just need to accept that he isn't good. Pat Riley dumped him for some seconds, Rick Adelman had no use for him, and now Gentry doesn't want to play him ahead of Jared Dudley or PJ Tucker. At a certain point, it's not everybody else.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Don't worry. They'll try to "build a winning culture" again, win 3 games they shouldn't, and fuck it up and finish 7th in the draft, 2 games out of 3rd or something. Every year, guaranteed. You're good.

Turbozone_Can.jpg

This Raps season may rank as the #2 worst season I have ever experienced in my sports viewing life. #1 as of now still goes to the Leafs season when they gave up the #2 pick to Boston.

If we end up drafting #4 this year this may take it's place.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
This Raps season may rank as the #2 worst season I have ever experienced in my sports viewing life. #1 as of now still goes to the Leafs season when they gave up the #2 pick to Boston.

If we end up drafting #4 this year this may take it's place.

Are you just numb to the pain that the Browns inflict on you or something?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Are you just numb to the pain that the Browns inflict on you or something?

All Toronto teams and the Browns.

You've got to be a new level of shit for me to feel awful about the team.

I have no hopeful optimism about this team going forward as it stands. My hope was for Andrew Wiggins next year but with this lottery pick being taken away from us I can't even hope for that yet.

I have no hopeful optimism about this team going forward as it stands. My hope was for Andrew Wiggins next year but with this lottery pick being taken away from us I can't even hope for that yet.

You have Pau Gasol to look forward to!

We'll take Jose and Amir if you don't mind.

McHale wants ball in Lin’s hands more

Sure doesn't seem like it...

Of all the NBA point guards Jeremy Lin has studied, there are few he emulates quite as much as Spurs guard Tony Parker. The Rockets can only hope he can mimic Parker’s growth as well.

Through 83 career games, Lin has made 42.1 percent of his shots, averaging 9.4 points per game, in an average of 22.1 minutes. Through 83 career games, Parker made 42.1 percent of his shots, averaging 10.2 points in an average of 31.7 minutes.

Parker also struggled with his outside shot in his first NBA seasons, and he believes Lin’s shot will improve.

“His shot will come,” Parker said. “Me, too. I couldn’t hit a shot at the beginning of my career. I was still able to go to the basket. His shot will improve. It will help his game. Definitely. When I started making the outside jumper on a consistent basis, that’s when I was more consistent with my performance.

“It’s his first full year. There is a lot of attention on him. I think you have to be patient with his growth. When I first came into the league, I was a little raw. I was very aggressive. At the same time, I had to learn the point guard position and when to score, when to pass and try to find that happy middle, find the balance. I think Jeremy Lin is at that point.”

Through 83 games, Parker averaged 4.7 assists. Playing about eight fewer minutes per game, Lin is averaging 4.5 assists in his career.

“He’s trying to find his position on the team,” Parker said. “And he needs to fit with another guy who is very aggressive in James Harden. I had to do the same thing when I had Manu Ginobili being super aggressive. You have to find your spots. He will.”

Neat comparison in terms of numbers but Parker was a different player coming into the league. Parker was blindingly quick and a lot younger (wasn't he like 17 when he first entered the league?) whereas Lin isn't and relies a bit more on his lateral agility. However I do agree with Parker's assessment that a solid jumper will do wonders for the rest of Lin's offensive game (and is the reason why he's playing so inconsistently this year)

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Did kad get perma'd or something? Looks like he's been grayed out since late October.
I don't think he's permed, but he should dodge any thread discussing women because he gets caught in circles more often than Adam gets caught slipping in Halo 4.

I don't think he's permed, but he should dodge any thread discussing women because he gets caught in circles more often than Adam gets caught slipping in Halo 4.

..!.,

Dwane Casey's job as head coach of the Toronto Raptors remains presently safe, according to two sources with knowledge of the situation.

Bryan Colangelo, however, was interviewed on Sunday on the Raptors' telecast that there was a lack of "attention to detail" and "focus."

Colangelo believes that talent isn't the problem for the Raptors' current struggles.

LFK am cry.

Flash

Wouldn't have the pick being taken away from us increase the chances? OKC can't take our pick in 2014 and we're shittier without a 4th or 5th pick than with.

Only thing we gotta hope for is Colangelo to get the boot cause that guy is an idiot. He'll probably make some desperate trade so we end up 8th.

It's really pathethic how despite his best efforts, he can't even reach his goal of us becoming a treadmill team. What a joke.

LFK am cry.

lol I don't mind if Casey stays. He's a shitty coach but I mean if you don't have the talent to compete then what do you expect? Get some decent talent and then replace him because this rapid cycling through coaches does not bode well for the franchise.

SamuraiX-

Banned right before the season started must sting.

Also, in retrospect, the Bulls not even making a push at O.J. Mayo this last off-season seems like one of the biggest wasted opportunities in recent memory.

Instead they're stuck with Marco Belinelli, Nate Robinson and the corpse of Richard Hamilton at their SG position while all at the same time paying Luol Deng and Carlos Boozer a combined 28 MILLION UNITED STATES DOLLARS this season.

KingGondo

Banned
Wouldn't have the pick being taken away from us increase the chances? OKC can't take our pick in 2014 and we're shittier without a 4th or 5th pick than with.
Yeah, but then again I doubt anyone you get with a top-3 pick next year will make you a playoff team or anything. Guys like Noel and Zeller will probably be good eventually, but they're not gonna add 20 wins.

Just so I'm clear, the pick is top 3-protected in 2013, top 2-protected in 2014, and only #1 protected in 2015?

I'm not even sure who we'd pick if we end up picking 4th or 5th this year.

JoeFu

Banned
I don't get why so many teams passed over Mayo. What really happened in Memphis that made people avoid him?

He seems like a team guy here in Dallas.

SamuraiX-

O.J. Mayo said:
"Man, I was so pissed," Mayo said after his 19-point, seven-rebound performance in the rout. "It's just, where does that come in in the game, you know what I mean? He's a talented player, has a chance to be an All-Star. But you do stuff like that, it takes you down a class."

"That guy has some mental issues, man," Mayo said. "He's a talented player. He has an opportunity to be the face of that organization, but I don't think he wants it. ...

"He's immature, man. Big maturity problem. Hopefully, he'll grow up out of it and become great. He definitely has the talent to."

Preachin' it wit class, baby.

SamuraiX-

He wasn't very good.

He actually showed a lot of promise in short stretches in Memphis, but it was clear his last 2 seasons with the Grizz really inhibited his play.

Regardless, I don't think anyone could've predicted that he would be able to produce so consistently at this kind of level after a move.

People weren't even sure if Mayo could be a consistent 6th man. Can't fault teams for steering clear, Dallas just got lucky this time.

Wonder if it could have been worked out in Memphis. That Tony Allen Tiger Uppercut on the team plane must have fucked with his mind.

He's obviously dreamed of being a #1 option. So with Dirk out and it being a contract year for him it's not hard to see why he's showing good behavior.

We'll see where's at 2 seasons from now.

h3ro

People weren't even sure if Mayo could be a consistent 6th man. Can't fault teams for steering clear, Dallas just got lucky this time.

Wonder if it could have been worked out in Memphis. That Tony Allen Tiger Uppercut on the team plane must have fucked with his mind.

NSn2p.jpg

don't ask

Los Angeles Lakers point guard Steve Nash, out since the second game of the season because of a broken leg, told USA Today Sports he believes he will be out a while longer.

"I think it will be at least another two weeks," Nash told the newspaper late Monday night. "I can move. I can shoot. I just can't run full speed. And I'm not even in shape. I'll probably need at least a week of practice once I start running."

Wait for Heavenly Steve Nash.

He actually showed a lot of promise in short stretches in Memphis, but it was clear his last 2 seasons with the Grizz really inhibited his play.

Regardless, I don't think anyone could've predicted that he would be able to produce so consistently at this kind of level after a move.

The Grizzlies only reduced his role because he was hurting the team and terrible.

Which he'll go back to when he goes back to being an average shooter.

SamuraiX-

He's obviously dreamed of being a #1 option. So with Dirk out and it being a contract year for him it's not hard to see why he's showing good behavior.

We'll see where's at 2 seasons from now.

His contract is for two years with a 3rd year player option so I wouldn't say that has much to do with it.

The guy needed a change of scenery more than anyone else in the league, I think. Too much drama and tension centered around him in Memphis his last two years.

The Grizzlies only reduced his role because he was hurting the team and terrible.

While I don't expect him to be shooting 49%/53% FG/3PT for the whole season, I don't see his numbers dropping that significantly by the time the Playoffs start.

His contract is for two years with a 3rd year player option so I wouldn't say that has much to do with it.

The guy needed a change of scenery more than anyone else in the league, I think. Too much drama and tension centered around him in Memphis his last two years.

He signed a 2 year contract, with next year being a player option. He's going to opt out. This year is pretty much a proving year for him.

Andrew Nicholson leading all rookies in TS%, and third in PER behind Brow and Drummond.

Suns highlights
, I know it's mostly on Luis Scola but when you have higher picked guys like Marshall and Rivers playing sub D-League level it aint that bad.

giri

Pretty sure I was preaching the Gospel of Mayo for quite some time.
Same. Always liked the guy, wasn't sure he was this good but figured he..

Cause once you get into a legit fight with a team mate, it's pretty much game over.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
He signed a 2 year contract, with next year being a player option. He's going to opt out. This year is pretty much a proving year for him.

does the bulls amnesty boozer to grab him? Ya'll know they wanted him before? If boozer is on the market along with Josh Smith a team that misses out on Josh Smith could get a good consolidation prize,

Some people really do just need a change of scenery to turn things around. I know because I've been there myself.

JoeFu

Banned

I don't know... maybe he actually is becoming a better shooter? On the Mavs broadcast yesterday Dirk was praising Mayo's dedication towards shooting and practice. He said he is pretty much doing what Dirk used to do as a younger player, practice before games, after games, before practice and after practice. Dirk said after he left the Andrea Bocelli concert in Dallas the other night( which was at the AAC) Mayo was still in the practice facility just shooting, which was around 11 PM.

4chan is trying to get Ryno (and a bunch of other white players but not G-TYME or AK47 for some reason) into the all-star game

Darkside's prayers may be answered.

I don't know... maybe he actually is becoming a better shooter? On the Mavs broadcast yesterday Dirk was praising Mayo's dedication towards shooting and practice. He said he is pretty much doing what Dirk used to do as a younger player, practice before games, after games, before practice and after practice. Dirk said after he left the Andrea Bocelli concert in Dallas the other night( which was at the AAC) Mayo was still in the practice facility just shooting, which was around 11 PM.

zcZqV.png

Top Bottom