• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Mike D'Antoni needs to be fired yesterday. Seriously now this is despicable.
To be fair, it's probably 40% on the coach, but the rest is all on the players. This team isn't going anywhere and they've become the league punching bag (much to my delight). Their only hope now is some sort of spectacular trade, but even that won't get them better than a 6 or 7 seed in the west.

KingGondo

Banned
Well thats just absurd.
There were lots of rumors of the Thunder being interested in Beal before the draft--I think there was even a Harden-for-Beal trade rumor floating around at some point.

I'm happy with what we got for Harden, especially since Martin is playing so well and the Toronto pick is looking like a surefire top-10 at this point.

Branduil

To be fair, it's probably 40% on the coach, but the rest is all on the players. This team isn't going anywhere and they've become the league punching bag (much to my delight). Their only hope now is some sort of spectacular trade, but even that won't get them better than a 6 or 7 seed in the west.

It's a lot less than 40% on the coach.

exarkun

Irving is EATIN right now.

Glad to see PG's still have stellar games against the Lakers.

Incoming tweet from Fat Elvis about how the rockets have a better record than the Lakers at half the payroll.

Pimpwerx

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ the Lakeshow.

I bet Dwight didn't go to LA to lose to a Cleveland team he could have beat on the Magic. PEACE.

Fox318

XhHkK.jpg

Buckets

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL @ the Lakeshow.

I bet Dwight didn't go to LA to lose to a Cleveland team he could have beat on the Magic. PEACE.

If the Lakers lose tonight they'll have 13 losses on the season.

Orlando has 12.

There aren't enough fucking lol to go around.

Vahagn

What now? How?

You've got Kobe and Dwight and Pau and you're under 500 and it's on the players? We saw D'Antoni with the Knicks, then we saw Woodsen with the Knicks.

We saw D'Antoni his last year with the Suns, then we saw Gentry get to the WCF.

D'Antoni and Brown are both bad coaches, it just is what it is. That small ball D'Antoni shit worked in the middle of the last decade when Bron, Melo, Durant, Wade weren't near their peak. When Kobe was on a craptastic Laker team, and when the rest of the teams weren't athletic enough to keep up with the Suns cuz they played traditional basketball. D'Antoni's system doesn't fly anymore. It didn't really work to win then, and it's in even worse shape now with these ultra athletic teams all over the place.

One other thing that got the Nets a big lead is the Knicks kept switching on everything... the Nets would often get Andray Blatche wide open jumpers or situations where Wallace could put the ball on the floor and karate-kick people. The Knicks have to stop doubling and remember who else is on the the court: Reggie Evans. He can't shoot, can't dribble much and is a bad FT shooter. Help off Evans and if he rolls to the hoop, hammer him and make him shoot FTs.

And for the love of God, at least let Felton try to D Johnson in the post. This was a guy who held his own against effing LeBron, and according to The Dy Rules he's indestructible.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
What now? How?

You've got Kobe and Dwight and Pau and you're under 500 and it's on the players? We saw D'Antoni with the Knicks, then we saw Woodsen with the Knicks.

We saw D'Antoni his last year with the Suns, then we saw Gentry get to the WCF.

D'Antoni and Brown are both bad coaches, it just is what it is.

VDN is 14-6 this year. Is he suddenly considered a good coach?

Yeah Lakers coaches have been a problem but the real problem is that their players haven't been playing.

Fox318

Lakers should get Magic to coach again.

All he is really doing with the Dodgers anyway is throwing money on the ground.

Yeah Lakers coaches have been a problem but the real problem is that their players haven't been playing.

They were playing harder and having more fun under Bernie ... I would be fine riding the season out with him. Halftime interviews would be better too.

Vahagn

VDN is horrible. But he lets the Clips play to their strength. CP3 PnR's. D'Antoni would do a lot better with the Clippers Roster then with the Lakers roster.

But that's not the players fault. LA has 3 of the most effective post players in the game who command double teams and HORRIBLE TEAM SPEED and what do we do? Run PnR's all day with horrible floor balance to counter act fast breaks.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
D'Antoni and Brown are both bad coaches, it just is what it is. That small ball D'Antoni shit worked in the middle of the last decade when Bron, Melo, Durant, Wade weren't near their peak. When Kobe was on a craptastic Laker team, and when the rest of the teams weren't athletic enough to keep up with the Suns cuz they played traditional basketball. D'Antoni's system doesn't fly anymore. It didn't really work to win then, and it's in even worse shape now with these ultra athletic teams all over the place.

Too much Logic in this post to ignore it.

The Lakers created a Big 4 and added a bunch of terrible players around them. Two of them are out, one of them is a defensive force who doesn't have the athleticism to play defense right now, one is 34. Not sure how great any coach could have them playing at.

Pimpwerx

Is it my imagination, or is the Lakers' offense worse under D'Antoni? I seem to remember the Princeton offense netting them regular 50% shooting games (sorry, too lazy to go back and look at box scores). The team has seemed to shoot poorly from the field lately. How does that work? PEACE.

Top Bottom