• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

Saying there's no reason for people to criticize a player who got out of the first-round once in his career (against a Hornets team that was destroyed by injuries/fatigue and quitting on their coach) and is terrible at passing and defense sure is interesting. Especially right after a season where he blatantly tanked the first forty games.

If Melo continues to shoot this well, then he's a great, great player. But he won't because he's an average shooter who is on a hot streak.
19.2s.075.knicks.C.TA--300x300.jpg

nothing other than melo's 3 pt percentage is abnormally up this year. and the knicks dont rely on him making the threes, its his passing out of the double team that leads to open looks for everyone else.
edit: theres no reason to believe what they're doing now wont continue deep into the season, you cant not double Melo, hes just decided to pass out of double teams more often this year and NY is good at finding an open shooter.
the key is him starting at the 4.

fertygo

I thought Melo's 3 are really good since he moving to NY, someone gonna shoot me with his last season n playoff stats, but his 3 percentage when he just traded from denver are raising despite shooting from there with higher volume, that's when D'Antoni still use his jacking 3 tactic.. Current Knicks using similar tactic with improvement so I think his percentage on 3 point land stay on 43-45% if NY stay winning isn't a stretch.

The bigger problem are he's shitty finisher, his percentage from below the rim are pathetic.. and that's not new problem for melo. Lebron gonna eat him alive again.

Phil Jackson would not return to coach the Los Angeles Lakers, if offered the job.

“Noooo,” he said. “They’ll get it going.”

The Lakers have lost 9 of 13 games since Mike D’Antoni took over for the fired Mike Brown.

Jackson expressed confidence that the Lakers can fix their recent struggles, but changed his tune when asked if the team can contend for a title: “Well, no, I don’t know about that, but...”

:trololol

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
You can tell I gave 0 fucks about last night's game. Because I started watching the Hawks game and that shit put me to sleep.

I don't know about that. I don't know how we would function in a triangle. Even though our 2, 3, and 4 can all post up to some extent and are pretty good passers. It would be interesting.

Ultimately I like our brand of winging it though.
doesn't the triangle kinda function around having a big man? I guess it couldn't really work(maybe joel but he has terrible hands and Bosh isn't really a big man). I just want to see Phil coaching James lol.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
doesn't the triangle kinda function around having a big man? I guess it couldn't really work(maybe joel but he has terrible hands and Bosh isn't really a big man). I just want to see Phil coaching James lol.

It'd work amazing. Wade, Bosh, and LBJ can all post up with some efficiency now - that's some outstanding versatility and flexibility to work with.

But they'd have to practice. And we know there's no fucks to give in Miami til June.

ANDREA KREMER: Could you ever work with or for Pat Riley?
PHIL JACKSON: Of course. I mean, we both have respect for each other. And we’re both basketball-minded guys. I mean, yeah, that’d be no problem. But I’d probably rather have him working for me than me working for him.

yea it;s never gonna happen :(

I'm depressed after the trashing the hawks gave us. We played with no heart or energy so I'm not surprised at the outcome, but I fucking hate losing to Atlanta.

Top Bottom