• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012-13 Dec NBA Season |OT|Runnin' in da mouf of Serg Abaka daily.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
Who needs homecourt in the East? The entire conference is garbage outside of one team. Heat probably could stick LBJ and Wade to 20 minutes a game til March and run practice during games and still be .500 in the East. NY is trying to win games because they don't know how to win and have something to prove. Miami clearly proved that they don't need to give a fuck til the ECF.

Congrats on the superbowl, but its fucking December. who gives a fuck

LMAO. Do you believe even 10% of the shit you say?

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

Tell me how I'm wrong.

The East is complete fucking garbage and belongs in a separate league altogether. Miami is the only team worth mentioning as a contender - and they don't even need to care in order to get the 1st seed.

NY is still trying to prove that they're best team in their own town, can't get rid of its first star in years because he's a timecancerbomb, and are still trying to convince their fans that the imminent failure isn't going to come this time like it always does. On top of that, you got to get lax by having a team full of shitty shooters start the season so unnaturally hot that it damn near got in the history books under the category of "shit that will never make sense". Now that things are coming back to Earth, you gotta get used to gravity again.

NY will never be on Miami's level this season. Especially not in the playoffs.

Tell me how I'm wrong.

The East is complete fucking garbage and belongs in a separate league altogether. Miami is the only team worth mentioning as a contender - and they don't even need to care in order to get the 1st seed.

NY is still trying to prove that they're best team in their own town, can't get rid of its first star in years because he's a timecancerbomb, and are still trying to convince their fans that the imminent failure isn't going to come this time like it always does. On top of that, you got to get lax by having a team full of shitty shooters start the season so unnaturally hot that it damn near got in the history books under the category of "shit that will never make sense". Now that things are coming back to Earth, you gotta get used to gravity again.

NY will never be on Miami's level this season. Especially not in the playoffs.
What about chicago with a healthy rose? even without rose they have a little solid group right now and they made it to the ECF in 2011 even though they lost in 5 games.

DY_nasty

Novak is a clown.
What about chicago with a healthy rose? even without rose they have a little solid group right now and they made it to the ECF in 2011 even though they lost in 5 games.

Have you seen the minutes that Chicago's starters have been playing? When Rose gets back, everyone else will be dead.

Look dude. Knicks are a good team. If they can somehow keep up with the pace they've started on then I'll consider them a great team.

Heat still have no reason to fear them. Heat have been in about 4-5 series with teams a lot better than them and have only lost one. That's what it comes down to. Heat have been one of the most inconsistent regular season teams of probably all title contenders in recent memory. When we say shit like "who gives a fuck" it's becuase we know how this team is by now. Meanwhile Knicks fans in general seem to act like a fan base that hasn't seen 5 playoff wins in a decade.

linsivvi

Tell me how I'm wrong.

The Heat wouldn't beat Celtics last season without home court.
The Celtics wouldn't get out of the 1st or 2nd round against the Hawks and Cavs in 08 without home court.

To say that home court does not matter in the playoffs is stupid. Fact.

DY_nasty

I wouldn't call almost losing to the Pacers coasting. :p

They had some legitimate struggles.
When did they lose a series to the Pacers?

They didn't give a fuck, got fuckballed, then realized they were the fucking Heat and pounded that ass.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Knicks need more time. Heat are already set and got their shit straight the first year. next year is better for the knicks.

No because the Knicks are a much more flawed team. They need a proper point-guard instead of this two-headed monstrosity they have and a power-forward worth a lick. Not to mention that your best shooting-guard is a less athletic and just perhaps even dumber version of Westbrook.

Omega

Banned
Rose isn't/shouldn't be coming back this season

Even with Rose they're not beating the Heat this postseason. Let Rose take the year off give him more time to come back as close to 100% as possible.

Ugh why do we even keep playing Stiemsma.. He's honestly so terrible and only gets a lucky block or two per game but those are all eliminated by his terrible hands, awareness, and non-existent offense or rebounding. I can already tell Rubio hates playing with him because he barely expects the ball and doesn't do any cuts or anything.

The Celtics wouldn't get out of the 1st or 2nd round against the Hawks and Cavs in 08 without home court.

We gave up home court in that series...

Dy is mostly right. the heat are proven and we aren't yet. Only one way to change that and we have a good shot at doing it this season.

Im confident about a playoff matchup against the heat but let's get out of round 1 first. We also need stat and shump back as well. Most people forget we're missing key starters.

DY_nasty

If the Heat were healthy they couldn't played the Celtics on the moon, spotted Boston all the spacesuits, and still won. The East was a hell of a lot more competitive when Boston was a legit contender - YEARS ago. The East has one good team, one demolished team, 3 tryhards, and battalion of tanks. Most of the teams in the East couldn't even beat Portland in a series.

linsivvi

We gave up home court in that series...

Game 7 was in Miami. Y/N?

If the Heat were healthy they couldn't played the Celtics on the moon, spotted Boston all the spacesuits, and still won. The East was a hell of a lot more competitive when Boston was a legit contender - YEARS ago. The East has one good team, one demolished team, 3 tryhards, and battalion of tanks. Most of the teams in the East couldn't even beat Portland in a series.

The thing is all you need is a couple of freak games in a series to turn things upside down. Home court helps a lot and serves as a big insurance.

The Lakers wouldn't beat the Rockets in 09 without home court either.

Truphenom

Dy is mostly right. the heat are proven and we aren't yet. Only one way to change that and we have a good shot at doing it this season.

Im confident about a playoff matchup against the heat but let's get out of round 1 first. We also need stat and slump back as well. Most people forget we're missing key starters.

Thats the only way we even have a chance against the Heat imo. Still don't think we beat them still. I just want a series victory, so I hope we get a top 3 seed and play a team like the Pacers Nets or Bucks.

Melo what were you thinking...

Top Bottom