• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

66e8de8cb3f411e1b10e123138105d6b_7.jpg

Beast Melo.

Still looks like a fatty chubster.

Jeff-DSA

I was at E3 and my computer was pretty much 100% used for writing articles. I can't believe I forgot to pop in here when OKC closed out the series. Someone please sum up for me the meltdown best they can.

I mean, I felt like the Spurs kinda got reffed out of the series, but still, how do you lose a lead that large?

I was at E3 and my computer was pretty much 100% used for writing articles. I can't believe I forgot to pop in here when OKC closed out the series. Someone please sum up for me the meltdown best they can.

I mean, I felt like the Spurs kinda got reffed out of the series, but still, how do you lose a lead that large?

E3 had nothing on Crismon's absolute breakdown. JT was Game of the Show.

Ultratech

I'm gonna go with OKC in 6.

Hard to form a real opinion on how far it'll go until I watch the 1st game. Still want OKC to win regardless.

E3 had nothing on Crismon's absolute breakdown. JT was Game of the Show.

For sure. Dude had an epic breakdown. Made for good reading. :D

I'll have to go read the thread. I'm guessing that the boys in stripes took some serious heat, huh?

Mostly by Spurs fans and/or Thunder haters.

Hell, the start of game 5 was anti-Thunder on the refs calls and Spurs could't capitalize.

Spurs lost cuz they weren't as good as OKC. Overall the officiating, while at times inconsistent, was pretty equal both ways (with the normal HCA). By equal, I mean did not favor one or the other, just bad both ways.

If I saw guys like Melo, Paul Pierce, and Big Baby walking out on the street I would never assume they were Basketball stars. How does Big Baby run around all the time on the court and still look so fat, it's crazy.

If I saw guys like Melo, Paul Pierce, and Big Baby walking out on the street I would never assume they were Basketball stars. How does Big Baby run around all the time on the court and still look so fat, it's crazy.

TV can also be misleading. I ran into Rip Hamilton at the airport some years ago. On TV, I swear he looks like a stick (especially back then, circa mid 2000s). In person, he looked much more filled out. Been told Griffin is way less imposing in person.

Also, 7 feet can't translate on TV. You have to stand next to a 7 footer to understand how big that is.

Our eyes are born to naturally compare things. So players like Rip look small in our eyes when we watch games because of how much bigger other players are in comparison and subconsciously that's what our eyes do.

Pierce and Melo ain't fat. Baby is. The athletes take in insane amounts of calories so if they don't work out as much, which I'm guessing is true for Baby, they get fatter.

TV can also be misleading. I ran into Rip Hamilton at the airport some years ago. On TV, I swear he looks like a stick (especially back then, circa mid 2000s). In person, he looked much more filled out. Been told Griffin is way less imposing in person.

Also, 7 feet can't translate on TV. You have to stand next to a 7 footer to understand how big that is.

Our eyes are born to naturally compare things. So players like Rip look small in our eyes when we watch games because of how much bigger other players are in comparison and subconsciously that's what our eyes do.

Pierce and Melo ain't fat. Baby is. The athletes take in insane amounts of calories so if they don't work out as much, which I'm guessing is true for Baby, they get fatter.

But compare them to the builds of other athletes like Lebron and Dwight Howard and it's like night and day. Makes it hard to believe they're in the same league and capable of the same things.

Even Baby isn't really fat. I mean, he's not obese. He's solidly built.

SoulPlaya

more money than God

I've heard that Boozer is even sexier in real life.

giri

Yeah, it's easy to forget that a lot of these guys train for like 8 hours a day regularly.

Not all of it is super high intensive cardio, some of it's just weights.

But their diets are insane, it's why so many of them get so fat once they stop playing. And so quickly.

I've seen several of the australian rugby players diets, and they're insane. Like, have a bowl of pasta after some bacon for brekfast, insane.

Yeah, it's easy to forget that a lot of these guys train for like 8 hours a day regularly.

Not all of it is super high intensive cardio, some of it's just weights.

But their diets are insane, it's why so many of them get so fat once they stop playing. And so quickly.

I've seen several of the australian rugby players diets, and they're insane. Like, have a bowl of pasta after some bacon for brekfast, insane.

I remember when they showed Michael Phelps daily eating routine in 2008. Damn insane.

I used to think I are a lot once upon a time. lol

But you're right. A lot of athletes get fat because once they quit playing, they don't quit eating for some time (until the metabolism adjusts). Putting on all those calories without the exercise is doom. I learned quickly about that, as well. Kind of the saddest part of NBA TV is seeing players who have gotten fat.

I guess tonight we'll find out whether the disparity between the Western and Leastern conferences is fact or myth.

Praise Be Durantity.

charsace

You could tell they played basketball just by watching them move. Your average 6'7+ guy isn't as coordinated as them. You can tell when a tall dude plays some type of sport.

They sort of aren't.
Melo and Pierce have some athletic advantages over Lebron, especially Melo.

You could tell they played basketball just by watching them move. Your average 6'7+ guy isn't as coordinated as them. You can tell when a tall dude plays some type of sport.

Other than strength, quickness, explosiveness, and speed, maybe, but I would say those are pretty important in basketball and LeBron kind of totally destroys Melo in all of those categories.

No, Melo just has better offensive skills than LeBron. Pierce is just real crafty and knows how to use his body. You don't have to be some insanely athletic guy to be a good basketball player.

giri

So take the May/June 2011 Mavs v. the Feb/Mar 2011 Spurs

Spurs in 4?

No offense meant, but i hope you get a ban just cause your schtick is getting stupid, old, and annoying.

The spurs of the last decade have been entirely beatable teams. Particularly the last 5 years.

Very good teams, Teams capable of winning the chip, but not unbeatable.

Just get over it already please.

No offense meant, but i hope you get a ban just cause your schtick is getting stupid, old, and annoying.

The spurs of the last decade have been entirely beatable teams. Particularly the last 5 years.

Very good teams, Teams capable of winning the chip, but not unbeatable.

Just get over it already please.

giri I've posted 4 times (now 5!) in this thread. 54 words total. Incidentally, thats only 1 word more than you spent on this post.

Not sure what I'm doing that could possibly annoy you so much lol

charsace

Other than strength, quickness, explosiveness, and speed, maybe, but I would say those are pretty important in basketball and LeBron kind of totally destroys Melo in all of those categories.

Melo is quicker, better first step, changes directions better and has better coordination.

Top Bottom