• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Finals |OT| Good Job, Good Effort

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Yeah but he's going to come out all the way to cover Bosh?

Fine, then the paint is wide open. Not to mention foul trouble for him.

Its not like Miami's ball movement is good enough to remove any big from the game defensively.

So as I said earlier, unless Bosh turns into Dirklite - I don't see too many issues.

Vire

Its not like Miami's ball movement is good enough to remove any big from the game defensively.

So as I said earlier, unless Bosh turns into Dirklite - I don't see too many issues.

Yeah, I think we'll struggle with our half court offense.

It'll be interesting to see which team has more fast breaks since both teams feed off them.

One thing I am confident about is that Lebron will be able to cover Durant better than Durant can on Lebron. Assuming he doesn't choke again. ( I don't think he will )

Vire

I love when Wade talks about giving LeBron the baton. The Heat would be a lottery team if Wade was their best player.

Uh what? Have you been watching the NBA for more than two years?

We made the Playoffs numerous times with Wade as our best player.

Man, I don't even know why I responded to that. I'm upset with myself for responding to a troll that lazy.

Almost time, so excited. I am feeling pretty good about this. I just hope stupid Heat don't show up. As long as we play well, win or lose tonight I will be ok.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm ready for the finals. OKC's got the Dallas formula for Miami ready.

Penetrating PG
Midrange/Long Range Shooting Master
Bigs
Blue Jerseys

Vire

Almost time, so excited. I am feeling pretty good about this. I just hope stupid Heat don't show up. As long as we play well, win or lose tonight I will be ok.

I want our defense to show up more than anything. No lazy closeouts, diving to the ball. All that jazz...

Maybe even a Haslem elbow. ;)

By the way, I won't be posting here for any of the games. Watching them with my family and friends.

Gigglepoo

when michael beasley was their second best player he took them to 5th seeds

I'm talking about 2012 Wade. He's not consistent enough to carry a team in the regular season. And, as you pointed out, he was frequenly an early knock out even when he made it.

Does Spoelstra even coach?

Being serious.

He's the East version of Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike Brown.

giri

If Seattle gets a team will they be called the sonics? It says the thunder are looking for their second title so I'm not sure how that would work. I'm the NFL the colts actually changed cities then the ravens came in as a new franchise.

Seattle would retain the Sonics logo, color, name. Thunder retain the record of the Sonics including their championship trophy.

and? The finest woman in the world (not Gabrielle) is still just a woman at the end of the day.

Part of the movement deal was that if the sonics could get a team within a certain time frame (10 years or so i believe) they would get the sonics records back. But they retain the name and colours regardless.

Bosh is going to be a non factor against Ibaka and Perk. And Brons gonna call World Peace for emotional advice with dat finals pressure.

Wade will be mvp of every game they win.

I'm talking about 2012 Wade. He's not consistent enough to carry a team in the regular season. And, as you pointed out, he was frequenly an early knock out even when he made it.

A lot of people would be an early knock out if they had Michael Beasley as their 2nd best player. wtf?

thekad

Banned
Bosh has made 66 career regular season 3 pointers on a breathtaking 29% while Dirk has made over a thousand on 38%. So no, not really.

Notice the "lite." He doesn't have the range of Dirk, or at least hasn't shown it up to this point, but he can frustrate Ibaka in the same way: by driving to the basket and getting fouled.

He's the East version of Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiike Brown.

Is this an insult to Spo or Brown? I can't tell anymore guys.

linsivvi

Notice the "lite." He doesn't have the range of Dirk, or at least hasn't shown it up to this point, but he can frustrate Ibaka in the same way: by driving to the basket and getting fouled.

I just consider them to be very different type of players.

Talon

Alright, alright. DWade carried that useless Heats team to 7 games against the Hawks. Granted, the Hawks were playing with their heads up their asses that entire series.

But he doesn't compare to Lebron right now. Then again, watch him drop 40 tonight.
Bosh doesn't compare to Dirk. The only way they're similar is that they're pick and pop forwards.

giri

is it bad that i want Lebron to defer, and Westbrook to YNB all night long so i can be entertained and laugh?

No, not really. Would be funny.

I fear more for the Heat than the Thunder in that situation though. YNB will eventually just get frozen out.

fse

Seems all my predictions have been bad and the opposite happens so.... Thunder in 6.

lol

Heat in 7

DJ88

Oh man, I'm freaking out right now. I seriously have no idea what to expect from the Heat tonight. Everytime I'm certain they'll come out playing hard, they do the opposite. I'm just hoping James doesn't slow down and Wade can go back to how he played the last 2 games against the Pacers. Also hoping I start hearing all the nicknames I was hearing for Westbrook here last year.

Top Bottom