• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Wait wtf? Thats horrible.

lebron-laughing-o.gif

My MVP rankings for the year are:

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Nash
5. YNB

And I think they should maybe have fourth and fifth place votes for the guys who deserve recognition as very valuable players having great years who can't get a vote because they're not great enough and play in a small market or something...

Duki

Banned
My MVP rankings for the year are:

1. LeBron
2. Durant
3. CP3
4. Nash
5. YNB

And I think they should maybe have fourth and fifth place votes for the guys who deserve recognition as very valuable players having great years who can't get a vote because they're not great enough and play in a small market or something...

wow @ this completely accurate list

maybe cp3 over durant but ye

Gabyskra

Banned
because every time duncan or manu were out the spurs looked like shit

whereas steve nash took a bobcats level team to the playoffs

Sigh. What a bunch of BS. Suns failed first but that's even beside the point.

You're just talking out of your ass, making shit up. Manu missed half the season and when he was there, he played less than 24 minutes. And the Spurs won the last 4 games they played without Duncan. When he was rested earlier in the season, so was Tony, both wouldn't play.

giri

Why would you reward Nash first when Parker led the Spurs who led the NBA...

I'd have replaced CP3 with TP on on IWMTB's list.

And harden meant more to OKC than YNB, and i find it hard to have two MVP's candidates from the one team, when they didn't have the best record.

I would have given millsap or LMA a shout out with that 5th place vote over another OKC player.

Duki

Banned
Sigh. What a bunch of BS. Suns failed first but that's even beside the point.

You're just talking out of your ass, making shit up. Manu missed half the season and when he was there, he played less than 24 minutes. And the Spurs won the last 4 games they played without Duncan. When he was rested earlier in the season, so was Tony, both wouldn't play.

what does winning have to do with looking like shit without duncan and noticeably better with manu

lakers make a living out of looking like shit and winning

tims still the entire rock of their defense

lol @ anyone underestimating how crucial that man still is to the way the spurs work

like they are visibly an inferior team without him. you have to actually watch basketball to see that instead of just looking at stats doe sorry gaby

qcf x2

Why would you reward Nash first when Parker led the Spurs who led the NBA...

I think his list was entirely accurate. Spurs still make the playoffs w/o Tony Parker. Suns? Yeah, Bobcats. Truth be told Nash is more of an MVP than Lebron this year, but Bron's numbers deserve some kind of recognition, so there you have it. It's not like the Heat wouldn't make the playoffs in the East w/ an average SF instead of Lebron. The MVP is generally a stupidly named award, so I don't mind the confusion, but it's interesting how valuable gets misconstrued for productive.

With that said, Parker had an excellent year.

giri

what does winning have to do with looking like shit without duncan and noticeably better with manu

lakers make a living out of looking like shit and winning

tims still the entire rock of their defense

lol @ anyone underestimating how crucial that man still is to the way the spurs work

like they are visibly an inferior team without him. you have to actually watch basketball to see that instead of just looking at stats doe sorry gaby

TP was the best PG in the NBA this year probably.

I don't know what you're on about with the looking like shit thing dude. TP was amazing all year. Despite manu playing like 15 games total.

I miss two pages and I'm completely lost of what is going on.

Heat fans being Heat fans
Knick fans converting to Pacerdom for a week
Lakers fans finally realizing that the time has come to blow up the pieces
duki being irrelevant
DY realizing #4 is his destiny
Miami vs NYC vs LA or something
gifs galore
Just another day of NBA playoffs Best-GAF style

Duki

Banned
TP was the best PG in the NBA this year probably.

I don't know what you're on about with the looking like shit thing dude. TP was amazing all year. Despite manu playing like 15 games total.

literally would be sixth on that list

just sayin he had more help than nash, how is that hard to figure out

he is more dependent on the rest of his team imo

Not hard to improve FG percentage and post big numbers when you're playing along side Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. And never mind the East has been absolutely weak this year and the Heat still couldn't finish top in their conference.

Meanwhile Durant is in a much tougher conference and has to continually suppress Worstbrook.

But whatever. We already knew LeBrizzle is King of the regular season. Nothing to see here.

Not hard to improve FG percentage and post big numbers when you're playing along side Dwayne Wade and Chris Bosh. And never mind the East has been absolutely weak this year and the Heat still couldn't finish top in their conference.

Meanwhile Durant is in a much tougher conference and has to continually suppress Worstbrook.

But whatever. We already knew LeBrizzle is King of the regular season. Nothing to see here.
Durant: Better shooter
LeBron: better everything else

LeBron's teammates weren't better than Durant's at all this year...

giri

literally would be sixth on that list

just sayin he had more help than nash, how is that hard to figure out

he is more dependent on the rest of his team imo

In previous seasons i would have agreed.

But.

This year, TD And manu were out for significant stretches. And TD was only playing like 22mpg until after the All star break. And they still had some ridiculously impressive record.

Yeah, Manu only played 34 games, started 7, and averaged under 24mpg for the sesaon.

And TD only averaged over 30mpg one month, January.

TP was literally the glue that held the team together for the entire season. Yes, having a great coach who knows how to run an actual offense helped, but TP was a large part of making sure that offense got executed. He extended his range, and improved his Jumper a lot this year. And he made splitter look relevant.

TP was truly amazing this year. if the spurs got more press, TP would have been a legit MVP candidate.

LeBron's teammates weren't better than Durant's at all this year...

won less games in a much weaker conference. In this season, conferences mattered more since you only played twice against the other conference 3 times. Also Wade + Bosh > YNB + Ibaka. OKC wins the rest of the roster, but it's not a big difference in aggregate.

I think CP3 had as good a case as anyone.

<3 giri

<3 <3 <3

gotta say, the man knows his PGs

If the Clips win tonight, we'll all see who the best PG in the league is soon enough

inb4 diehard: "deron williams"

(tho I agree with duki that Duncan is still our most important player. We'd fall apart without him)

Durant: Better shooter
LeBron: better everything else

No.
More heart? Durant
More dedicated to winning? Durant
Taking fewer nights off when it matters? Durant
Better teammate? Durant
Better scorer? Durant
Better where it matters? Durant
Not taking steroids? Durant
Not making fun of sick opponents? Durant
Not on a team with a player who uses 9/11 to describe how the media persecutes the heat? Durant

won less games in a much weaker conference. In this season, conferences mattered more since you only played twice against the other conference 3 times. Also Wade + Bosh > YNB + Ibaka. OKC wins the rest of the roster, but it's not a big difference in aggregate.

I think CP3 had as good a case as anyone.

Lol Ibaka ain't the third best on OKC though. Durant + Harden + WB produce more than Miamis Big three, But whatever, the guy who deserved it won it.

The only way Lebron wins this year's astericks championship is if the Heat face the Sixers in the ECF and OKC in the Finals.

If they have to play the Czz in the ECF and then the Spurs in the Finals, Lebron can kiss his astericks championship goodbye.

giri

Lol Ibaka ain't the third best on OKC though. Durant + Harden + WB produce more than Miamis Big three, But whatever, the guy who deserved it won it.

I wouldn't say are more talented, but fit together better, may be.

And in theory, the trio with a very good big, bosh, should easily be the better trio.

<3 giri

<3 <3 <3

gotta say, the man knows his PGs

If the Clips win tonight, we'll all see who the best PG in the league is soon enough

inb4 diehard: "deron williams"

(tho I agree with duki that Duncan is still our most important player. We'd fall apart without him)

I think duncan has to be 20 & 10 good against the heat. But you'll win it because of parker and the spurs offense. LBJ will probably try and guard TP, and unlike what he did to rose, he won't be able to shut TP down because the spurs actually set some really good screens for him. And you can't sleep off of any of the spurs players when guarding them. Pop has them all so active setting off ball screens, i think it would really wear LBJ down to guard TP for a series.

It would be a REALLY interesting series though.

err, i rushed that. Meant Wade + Bosh > Harden + YNB.

I don't know how you can say those 3 produced more. Are we looking at strictly PPG?

Ibaka, perkins, Thabo, Cook > Miller, battier, Haslen, Chalmers. But it's not by much.

Bron is playing with another top 5 player. CP3, imo, was a bit more deserving. But Lebron won in a year where no one stood out and he wasn't a bad choice.

err, i rushed that. Meant Wade + Bosh > Harden + YNB.

I don't know how you can say those 3 produced more. Are we looking at strictly PPG?

Ibaka, perkins, Thabo, Cook > Miller, battier, Haslen, Chalmers. But it's not by much.

Bron is playing with another top 5 player. CP3, imo, was a bit more deserving. But Lebron won in a year where no one stood out and he wasn't a bad choice.

Sure. Thats the biggest impact those two provide.

Still KDs A/T ratio is damning and he loss the award in my eyes that last OKC/Heat game.

The only way Lebron wins this year's astericks championship is if the Heat face the Sixers in the ECF and OKC in the Finals.

If they have to play the Czz in the ECF and then the Spurs in the Finals, Lebron can kiss his astericks championship goodbye.

Spurs really aren't that special in my opinion. I fear the celtics more than them. That coach nick video on there offense was pretty underwhelming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom