• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way Lebron wins this year's astericks championship is if the Heat face the Sixers in the ECF and OKC in the Finals.

If they have to play the Czz in the ECF and then the Spurs in the Finals, Lebron can kiss his astericks championship goodbye.

If Lebron can't chip this year, he might as well hang it up and take his broken-ass hairline to the announcing booth.

Barring some more Pat Riley shady shit, this is the absolute best shot he will ever have at getting a ring.

Sure. Thats the biggest impact those two provide.

Still KDs A/T ratio is damning and he loss the award in my eyes that last OKC/Heat game.

But looking at just PPG is dumb. And it's not even pace or opponent adjusted.

Anyway, Miami's trio has higher win shares than OKC's. Which is a better measure than PPG.

KD has a bad A/T ratio but he's not a facilitator. Still, CP3 imo.

I do agree that lebron is the better player.

err, i rushed that. Meant Wade + Bosh > Harden + YNB.

I don't know how you can say those 3 produced more. Are we looking at strictly PPG?

Ibaka, perkins, Thabo, Cook > Miller, battier, Haslen, Chalmers. But it's not by much.

Bron is playing with another top 5 player. CP3, imo, was a bit more deserving. But Lebron won in a year where no one stood out and he wasn't a bad choice.

Wade missed a fourth of the season and Bosh didn't play that great at all this year. Collison comes off the bench is way better than the Heat's 4th best player.

But looking at just PPG is dumb. And it's not even pace or opponent adjusted.

Anyway, Miami's trio has higher win shares than OKC's. Which is a better measure than PPG.

KD has a bad A/T ratio but he's not a facilitator. Still, CP3 imo.

I do agree that lebron is the better player.

There pace is around the same and why would you try to adjust for opponents? Wins shares don't show much as far as production which is what Im arguing.

Wade missed a fourth of the season and Bosh didn't play that great at all this year. Collison comes off the bench is way better than the Heat's 4th best player.

I agree Collison and Ibaka are better. But Wade is still better. And he missed games against a shit east. Oooh, he rested versus the bobcats twice. And Bosh is also better. I just don't believe the 4th and 5th guys in disparity is worth the 2nd and 3rd. Look at how the lakers won on the back of 3 guys most of the year. Wade + Bosh disparity overcomes the 4-8 since their have adequate role players there (chalmers, battier).

The disparity in conferences and schedules were massive. Wade was simply allowed to take time off.

Also, Miami performed the same with Wade or Lebron out there without the other.

There pace is around the same and why would you try to adjust for opponents? Wins shares don't show much as far as production which is what Im arguing.

There is no true measure of "production." Just looking at PPG is dumb. Miami's big 3 > OKC's big 3 as players right now. period.

I think duncan has to be 20 & 10 good against the heat. But you'll win it because of parker and the spurs offense. LBJ will probably try and guard TP, and unlike what he did to rose, he won't be able to shut TP down because the spurs actually set some really good screens for him. And you can't sleep off of any of the spurs players when guarding them. Pop has them all so active setting off ball screens, i think it would really wear LBJ down to guard TP for a series.

It would be a REALLY interesting series though.

I can't think of a team more equipped to handle the Wade+Bron duo than the Spurs. Green, Leonard, and Jackson are pesky as hell, and once you get past them you have to contend with Duncan or Splitter. I feel like Pop has always done a really good job against teams with overcentralized offenses, so I think the Heat will really struggle...I don't see enough differences in Bron's overall package from 07 that funneling him to the baseline won't still be an incredibly effective strategy.

Putting Lebron on TP seems like folly to me. No one man can guard Parker, it really has to be a team effort. Our screens will basically take Bron out of the play and the net result will be him trying to run around and keep up with Parker's speed without being able to contest shots when it matters. They don't have many better options but I think guys like Leonard and Jackson will surprise the Heat with how much they will produce if they decide to switch/double off them.

I agree it will be a good series but I like our chances. The Duncan-Bosh matchup is probably the most important; if Duncan wins it as handily as I know he can, I can't see us losing.

But tbh I want to make the Finals first before indulging myself in all this speculation :p

SUPREME1

Banned
No.
More heart? Durant
More dedicated to winning? Durant
Taking fewer nights off when it matters? Durant
Better teammate? Durant
Better scorer? Durant
Better where it matters? Durant
Not taking steroids? Durant
Not making fun of sick opponents? Durant
Not on a team with a player who uses 9/11 to describe how the media persecutes the heat? Durant

LeBron wants to win an MVP more than he wants to win a chip. Durant wants to win a chip more than he wants to win a MVP.

Wisdom.

You are the King Solomon of Best-GAF, Cap.

I'd really, really love to see Nash back in Dallas. Sure the team has more pressing needs, but I do think he's a big upgrade over Kidd, especially in terms of getting big men the ball in scoring position. Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been posted, but it looks like the NBA admitted they screwed up with the free throw situation in Atlanta. I still feel horrible for Atlanta to go out like that.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...a-says-foul-called-incorrectly-boston-celtics

effzee

I love how because Lebron just wants to win reg season awards he went to the Heat. Never mind that he could rack more of those up if he stayed with Cleveland or went to a team like the Knicks where he would have to do it all on his own. No no no he went to the Heat to win MVPs, not the championship. And he hasn't won a ring yet because he doesn't try hard enough, not because he always lost to the better team! GAF SPORTS!

But hey don't let logic get in the way of pure hate.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I'd really, really love to see Nash back in Dallas. Sure the team has more pressing needs, but I do think he's a big upgrade over Kidd, especially in terms of getting big men the ball in scoring position. Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been posted, but it looks like the NBA admitted they screwed up with the free throw situation in Atlanta. I still feel horrible for Atlanta to go out like that.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...a-says-foul-called-incorrectly-boston-celtics

Why couldn't Atlanta file a protest? They did a few years back, won it, and the game restarted like 2 months later at the exact time the questionable foul occurred.

PBY

Banned
I love how because Lebron just wants to win reg season awards he went to the Heat. Never mind that he could rack more of those up if he stayed with Cleveland or went to a team like the Knicks where he would have to do it all on his own. No no no he went to the Heat to win MVPs, not the championship. And he hasn't won a ring yet because he doesn't try hard enough, not because he always lost to the better team! GAF SPORTS!

But hey don't let logic get in the way of pure hate.
Im pretty sure there's an interview where he said he knew he was giving up any chance of getting the MVP award by coming to Miami.

giri

Kidds defense in the finals is totally under rated. he was so good.

Yeah, that's probably the biggest hurdle, since the Mavericks seem to be defense-first these days. That's a good mantra to have, but Kidd doesn't seem to be able to keep up as much anyway, so they'd be better off getting a younger guard to help out on defense. Trade Terry for a decent shooting guard (unless Terry's a free agent, in which case just sign one).

Even with his flopping antics, I still would have picked CP3 as the regular season MVP. I think Chris Paul would have been a lock if the Clippers finished with at least the 3rd overall best record in the conference.

But honestly, regular season MVPs are pretty meaningless. I mean Steve Nash has more MVP awards than Shaq and Kobe. The standards the media uses to determine the MVP changes from year to year. Sometimes it's who had the biggest impact on their team. Other times it's whoever posted the biggest statistical numbers. And sometimes it's just whoever is the flavor of the month in April (see Derek Rose).

Holy crap this ESPN roundtable

34182_o.gif

The great thing about Kidd's performance is how every analyst in the world (including most of us here) harped on how much of a liability he'd be on defense simply because of his age.

It was completely unexpected. He was a force out there.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
I just realized, if LA loses tomorrow, it's the first time a team goes up 3-0 and loses a playoff series in the nba, right?

oh wait, denver won game 3.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Man, ESPN NBA analysts change their views by the game. One moment, Bynum is a dominant big man who's finally broken through, and the next, he's an immature joke.

I just realized, if LA loses tomorrow, it's the first time a team goes up 3-0 and loses a playoff series in the nba, right?

oh wait, denver won game 3.

It would be the first time a team blew a 3-1 since..... the Lakers blew a 3-1 lead against the Suns in '06...

But at least '06, it was the Smush/Kwame era. There's really no excuse with Gasol and Bynum.

Kevin Arnovitz said:
19 minutes until the horn and Staples Center is uncharacteristically empty. Brutal traffic this PM in LA.
Come on, LA. I would definitely be at the game if I could afford tickets right now.

Edit:
J.A. Adande said:
NBA didn't help Clippers with early start. expecting fans to be at arena by 6 in Friday LA traffic is like expecting Clips to win FT contest
J.A. Adande said:
It took me 90 minutes to go 16 miles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom