• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.
5o, Clipper5...don't you wi5h you have your game 5even at 5taple5...?

Cec1Q.jpg

=)

First of all, I was playing with Cloudy, but you decided to step in and give your two cents. I know Pau was the second best player on the roster. He was the best player on the Grizzlies roster for years. But he also had the motherfuckin black mamba on his team as well. There's no way the Lakers should regret that ripoff trade, but the fact that Pau's in loser mode for the last couple of years makes me happy that the Gasol that we have now is better than the one that left.

As long as we're in agreement that the Grizzlies will never win an NBA title.

Cloudy

Banned
There's no way the Lakers should regret that ripoff trade, but the fact that Pau's in loser mode for the last couple of years makes me happy that the Gasol that we have now is better than the one that left.

I wouldn't say it was a ripoff trade though. Marc is arguably the better player right now (especially on defense) and didn't that trade clear the cap room they needed to get Z-Bo?

jjasper

I wouldn't ray it was a ripoff trade though. Marc is arguably the better player right now (especially on defense) and didn't that trade clear the cap room they needed to get Z-Bo?

Yes. That trade basically saved the franchise. Anyway no b2b:
Spurs vs. Grizz/Clippers
Game 1: Tuesday, May 15 at 8:30 p.m.
Game 2: Thursday, May 17 with an 8:30 tipoff

linsivvi

What the fuck you ever won Stephen A Smith?

Wow. That's like a follow up to Lebron's "they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life" response.

Guess we should shut the internet down so we can never criticize anyone on anything. Ever.

And fire all sports analysts too. Except Shaq. Who has blessed us with such an awesome display of insight.

You should totally lead your debate team too.

Omega

Banned
I wouldn't ray it was a ripoff trade though. Marc is arguably the better player right now (especially on defense) and didn't that trade clear the cap room they needed to get Z-Bo?

At the time it was the biggest joke of a trade ever. No one really thought Marc would turn out to be this good, and Z-Bo was like Bynum for so many years. Talented, but his head wasn't in the game + he was a ballhog.

With hindsight, yeah it was a fair trade. At the time? there's a reason why everyone was making jokes how Stephen Curry was going to be a Laker when Jerry West got a job with the Warriors.

Wow. That's like a follow up to Lebron's "they have to wake up tomorrow and have the same life" response.

Guess we should shut the internet down so we can never criticize anyone on anything. Ever.

And fire all sports analysts too. Except Shaq. Who has blessed us with such an awesome display of insight.

Hey, we can keep the Jet, he won with Hakeem.

So bitchy.

jjasper

With hindsight, yeah it was a fair trade. At the time? there's a reason why everyone was making jokes how Stephen Curry was going to be a Laker when Jerry West got a job with the Warriors.

Probably with everyone making that joke is that Jerry West had nothing to do with the Pau trade. He wanted to ship him off the year before to Chicago for Loul Deng, picks, and some other players. Chicago passed, West left, Wallace tried some more trades including the CHI one again but couldn't come up with anything so Heisley called for a salary dumb because the franchise was hemorrhaging money and they thought they could save the money and go after a free agent that summer.

Edit: Moral of the story. No one wanted to give up anything for Pau then Lakers offered the most money. People bitch about us giving him away.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.

Ain't the same as some random internet guy, guys a paid analyst on ESPN. His attitude while saying just downplayed everything the guy did.

It's unfair to hold LeBron to such a different standard, people need to get over wanting another Jordan. There will only ever be one Jordan, and that's Jordan.

If they said the same thing about any other player people wouldn't be okay with it.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Magic has no say in Lakers matter any more though. Jim's not going to run his coach and his prodigal son out of town.
If they get knocked out in the first round, someone's gonna have to go. Not sure what's in Mike's contract, but I'm pretty sure it has goals and targets that he's supposed to meet. getting put out in the first round sure won't make his standing any better. Plus, Mike's lost Bynum already.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
I think I want to play the Clipps in the 2nd round. Everybody is hurt. Need a week of rest before playing Denver in the WCF.

Cloudy

Banned
Edit: Moral of the story. No one wanted to give up anything for Pau then Lakers offered the most money. People bitch about us giving him away.

Yeah, people forget that Pau's reputation was in the shitter that season. IIRC he had demanded a trade and was being held out of games plus fans were really upset with him cos they felt like he had nothing on his resume to warrant that kind of diva behavior lol

linsivvi

If they get knocked out in the first round, someone's gonna have to go. Not sure what's in Mike's contract, but I'm pretty sure it has goals and targets that he's supposed to meet. getting put out in the first round sure won't make his standing any better. Plus, Mike's lost Bynum already.

I think they'll trade Pau and call it a day. Jim Buss is dumb.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Clipps would be a much better matchup for SA. If Memphis wins in game 7, they will be coming in with a ton of momentum and they have ZERO fear of the Spurs
This. They were swept during the regular season by the Spurs, but I think they have a mental edge. Spurs are a finesse team and the Grizz are a punch you in the eye kinda team. Spurs would win regardless, but I still say it would make for a better NBA storyline to have a rematch from last year. Would be good for ratings, so hopefully the refs cheat on Sunday. :D

Gigglepoo

Ain't the same as some random internet guy, guys a paid analyst on ESPN. His attitude while saying just downplayed everything the guy did.

It's unfair to hold LeBron to such a different standard, people need to get over wanting another Jordan. There will only ever be one Jordan, and that's Jordan.

If they said the same thing about any other player people wouldn't be okay with it.

It's not a higher standard. Can you name a 3 time MVP in any sport who hasn't won a championship?

NervousXtian

It's not a higher standard. Can you name a 3 time MVP in any sport who hasn't won a championship?

Malone got 2 and didn't win, never was held to that standard.

Peyton Manning won 2 before he ever got his ring.

Nash got 2 and didn't get held that standard.

1 more MVP doesn't change things.

Cloudy

Banned

I remember Peyton getting clowned by the media till he won. Hell, he's still labeled a choker by some and he has a ring. Nash's MVPs are still widely criticized and Malone lost to Jordan twice so he gets a pass lol

NervousXtian

I remember Peyton getting clowned by the media till he won. Hell, he's still labeled a choker by some and he has a ring. Nash's MVPs are still widely criticized and Malone lost to Jordan twice so he gets a pass lol

Bonds has 7.

None of them are held to that same standard of failure unless ring that LeBron is. My point is Stephen A Smith absolutely shitted on LeBron in his piece and said it all means nothing.

It's a team game.

PBY

Banned
Well the Peyton Manning point is the one I constantly point to with Lebron- people called him a choker, in fact, if we rewind the clock, he was THE choker. Choking = Peyton. Then he won, and you know what? All that went away. Was suddenly NOT a choker? No- he just never was, it was perception over reality. And that is what will happen with Lebron.

Gigglepoo

Manning and Malone constantly got shit. Hell, Manning still gets shit for only having one ring. Great players are expected to win. This concept wasn't invented for LeBron.

PBY

Banned
Manning and Malone constantly got shit. Hell, Manning still gets shit for only having one ring. Great players are expected to win. This concept wasn't invented for LeBron.

I don't disagree. Lebron just gets more shit because he has potential to be the GOAT.

(yeah, not serious. But he gets more shit because hes better than anyone on those lists, ie Malone, Nash, etc)

giri

uh....... as a suns fan. Yes, Nash got and gets, shit for it.

Gigglepoo

I don't disagree. Lebron just gets more shit because he has potential to be the GOAT.

He also set a high standard ("Not one, not two") and joined a team with two really good players. Remember, LeBron didn't start getting shit until he gave up in those two playoff games against the Celtics. If a player is on a lesser team, is humble, and busts his butt, he doesn't get as much shit as someone who's on the opposite side of those points. That's one reason Nash didn't get as much shit.

exarkun

I understand that we don't really know how any of these guys live their lives, but Birdman just doesn't strike me as that type of person.

well i mean, she traveled with an ID that an airport took to say she was 21 so...

and her mom sounds crazy, and it didnt sound too bad from his part. Im rooting for Birdamn

Cloudy

Banned
Well the Peyton Manning point is the one I constantly point to with Lebron- people called him a choker, in fact, if we rewind the clock, he was THE choker. Choking = Peyton. Then he won, and you know what? All that went away. Was suddenly NOT a choker? No. It was perception over reality. And that is what will happen with Lebron.

Peyton never had anything like the 2011 Finals happen to him though. He threw bad INTs at times but his teams usually lost cos the defense/kicking was bad (which he can't control). I don't hold the 2007 Finals loss against Bron but he just crumbled under pressure last year. Mavs had no business winning that series

(yeah, not serious. But he gets more shit because hes better than anyone on those lists, ie Malone, Nash, etc)

Also he plays in the shitty East and has had a decent path to the Finals every year since 2007 or so

Omega

Banned

Yeah, Peyton still gets shit yet he's still widely considered a Top 5 QB of all-time. Some even argue that when he was healthy, he was even better than Brady. No one has even tried to diminish the meaning of his MVPs like SAS did with Bron.

It's team sports. To shrug off MVPs as if they mean nothing because of a lack of a ring is absolutely foolish. LeBron might finish his career with the most MVPs ever and because it might take him longer to win a ring (or more) than people expected it somehow diminishes them?

This guy had a roster that wasn't even D-League worthy in Cleveland and almost won it last year had it not been for one of the greatest playoffs ever by Dirk. Who gives a shit if it takes him 9 years to finally win a ring. Like someone said earlier, people need to stop trying so hard to re-create Jordan. It's never going to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom