• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT2| OKC VS LA: Black on Black Crime

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjasper

Is there nothing you can do?

Not really through ticketmaster. Tried again but all that was left were the singles in the top rows. I'd rather just go and get drunk on Beale St. with friends and see if we can find a scalper then sit where the tickets were left alone. Ideally I hope that my facebook plea for someone to sell me tickets comes through.

Alrix

Not really through ticketmaster. Tried again but all that was left were the singles in the top rows. I'd rather just go and get drunk on Beale St. with friends and see if we can find a scalper then sit where the tickets were left alone. Ideally I hope that my facebook plea for someone to sell me tickets comes through.

good luck man. would love to be a part of a crowd like that.

T Dollarz

My new goal in life is to attend a Game 7

Nori Chan

My friend tried getting tickets from ticketmaster for the OKC game 1 and they gipped him saying that he doesn't live in Oklahoma (Which he does) and that only residents in or near Oklahoma can buy the tickets.

I was mad for him

From the best sports highlights thread in the OT:

Soccer, football, ice hockey...
Basketball is the worst, it's 90% dunks and shots that any kid in a gym could make that are only top plays because they are important given the context (end of game). Dunks are the single most overrated sporting highlight. The defender is at a total disadvantage based on the rules of the game, so how is dunking on someone in any way impressive? And of course breakaway dunks are even dumber. That's like being impressed by some football player (eg DeSean Jackson) acrobatically diving into the end zone when there is no opposing player within ten yards of him... who cares? Plus scoring in basketball Happens with such frequency that most individual goals are practically meaningless.

lawlz, this guy

man, you guys are speaking as if Lakers are going to win tonight. I am fully expecting them to lose.

I'm glad I didn't watch game 6 'cause I was out but I would've thrown something at my TV.

jjasper

I love reading articles like this years later:

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/22748484/25626885

In the long history of terrible moves by the Memphis Grizzlies, mark my words, this one will reign supreme.

Worse than drafting Hasheem Thabeet.

Worse than trading Pau Gasol for Marc Gasol, Kwame Brown, and cash.

Worse than re-signing Rudy Gay for $80 million.

This, this right here, is not just the worst move in the history of the Grizzlies, but it is the shining golden cap on the mountain of terrible moves made by NBA owners over the past 2 years. It is this, exact move, that nullifies any argument the owners can possibly make that they spend their money responsibly inside the current CBA. It is this contract that overshadows Joe Johnson's contract, Amir Johnson's contract, Darko Milicic's contract as the single worst contract handed out in 2010.

ESPN's Chris Broussard and the Memphis Commercial-Appeal reports that the Memphis Grizzlies have agreed to a 5-year, $40-million-plus extension for Mike Conley.

There is really nothing more to say.

I don't blame the dude for writing the article as Conley hadn't done anything really to earn an extension but I still find it funny because of the hyperbole. To be fair the only reason I found this is because the guy came on the radio in town today and brought it up and was making fun of himself over it.

man, you guys are speaking as if Lakers are going to win tonight. I am fully expecting them to lose.

I'm glad I didn't watch game 6 'cause I was out but I would've thrown something at my TV.
Preach it brother.
I never want to see Mike brown coach another lakers game ever again.
Lets go denver

MVP stuff

Screen-Shot-2012-05-12-at-12.51.17-PM.png

Apparently you can miss half of the season and still be one of the most valuable players in the NBA and more valuable than a guy who outplayed you and played all 66, wtf.

BobLoblaw

Banned
bf3 leggo.

the last straw for me personally was using steve blake and sessions in at the same time.
i wouldn't mike Jeff van gundy as a coach.
Brown putting both out there on the floor at the same time is definitely unforgivable, but JVG is my hero and an awesome analyst. Leave him be and go get Brian Shaw back.

MVP stuff

Screen-Shot-2012-05-12-at-12.51.17-PM.png

Apparently you can miss half of the season and still be one of the most valuable players in the NBA and more valuable than a guy who outplayed you and played all 66, wtf.

Rose in front of Westbrook is silly but Rose wasn't outplayed. He had a higher PER despite the injuries and he doesn't have a KD on his team to carry some weight. The more depressing part of that list for Rose fans will be that he's probably the 7th best PG when he comes back; I hope he comes back with a jumper. :/

Edit: also, all the votes received after Love's were meaningless anyways.

Basketball is different because a star player can control the outcome much more than in any other team sport. A basketball team with 2 of the top 5 and 3 of the top 15 players should never lose a series. Miami has no excuse for not winning this year outside of injury (I really hope we get no more)

Seriously? Miami has had NO injuries, as opposed to basically every other team in the playoffs.

And there's no way Bosh is top 15. The whole explanation that he's good when he gets touches is ludicrous. If he were good, he would take the initiative to get touches. That's largely the player's fault, not the team.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
Seriously? Miami has had NO injuries, as opposed to basically every other team in the playoffs.

And there's no way Bosh is top 15. The whole explanation that he's good when he gets touches is ludicrous. If he were good, he would take the initiative to get touches. That's largely the player's fault, not the team.

That's like blaming Dwight for not getting the ball.

Haslem gets just as many touches, if not more, than Bosh on any given night. That's flat out wrong - and its on Miami's weakbody coach. Bosh had free reign to do whatever the hell he wanted against whoever was near him against the Knicks. He touched the ball less than Landry Fields in that series.

Bullshit.

RBH

NEW YORK -- The NBA says a foul against Boston with 3.1 seconds left in Atlanta's season-ending loss on Thursday should have been called sooner, which would have given the Hawks a free throw instead of just the ball out of bounds.

The Celtics' Marquis Daniels held the Hawks' Al Horford as Atlanta was inbounding the ball trailing 81-79. Referee Eric Lewis called a foul, but ruled it came after Marvin Williams had released the ball, meaning it was just a common foul that resulted in another throw-in.

However, replays showed the foul occurred before the ball was passed and should have been treated as an away-from-the-play foul, in which case Atlanta would have been awarded one free throw and retained possession of the ball.

Boston won 83-80 to take the series 4-2.
http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story...a-says-foul-called-incorrectly-boston-celtics

During the last two minutes of the fourth period or overtime, if a personal foul is assessed against the defensive team prior to the ball being released on a throw-in, it is considered an Away-From-The-Play Foul and the offensive team is awarded one free throw and possession of the ball. With 3.1 seconds remaining in the the Boston-Atlanta game last night, a foul was called on the Celtics' Marquis Daniels after the Hawks' Marvin Williams had released the ball and therefore the foul was correctly treated as a common foul and not an Away-From-the-Play foul. With that said, however, the replay shows that the foul on Daniels should have been called sooner than it was by the officials, in which case it would have met the requirements of an Away-From-The-Play Foul.
http://www.nba.com/official/

Wonderful.

Vire

I don't get why everyone hates Lebron seems like such a nice dude. Good speech.

My favorite bit was his attitude on how he approaches games as if a family is seeing him for the first time in person and paid good money to see him play, so he gives it his absolute all to blow them away and have them leave with a smile on their face.

Also liked how he brought the whole Heat team up on the stage with him. He said all the right things when it came to winning a championship over personal awards as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom