• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

masud

Banned
We need to do better yall. How we gonna get up if this is how yall get down? We gon get moved to a sub sub forum...

thekad

Banned
We need to do better yall. How we gonna get up if this is how yall get down? We gon get moved to a sub sub forum...

This is a sub sub forum.

Nothing in duki's post was a bannable offense, let alone enough for a permban. And it's not like he's been banned twenty times like Cloving.

Can't help it if a certain someone has a vendetta.

OT thrives on depression and controversy. Shit is weird. Communities getting moved to their own sub forum is the best thing to happen to them.

Well, if you can manage to refrain from posting over there, especially in threads about women and especially especially when certain posters are already camped or not banned. You'll usually come out on the wrong end of that.

smurfx

get some go again
Oh shit, did Ninja get perm'd too? I hope not.
i don't think they got perma'd. i think the perma here is having your named grayed out and having your avatar removed as well. they probably did get a long ban though. probably a month or more.

Fjordson

Anyone else notice Parker pulling Westbrook back up after he fell? It was like right in the middle of the play during a key late possession. Don't think I've ever seen that before in a game lol. Classy.

Duncan now says it's realistic to expect him to play another year or two. Three or four years, he thinks, would be a stretch, even in his improved condition. This much is certain: He has little interest in testing the free-agent market when his contract ends after this season, negotiating leverage be damned.

"Though I shouldn't say that; I have to threaten them that I'll leave," he joked. "No … I'm not going anywhere. You can print that wherever you want to. I'm here and I'm a Spur for life."

LINK

Impossible not to feel proud about supporting the Spurs. Timmy <3

Duki was dropping ether in that thread
why do people post feminist social thought in these threads and just treat it like gospel

like if you think theyre wrong youre automatically crazy because they've posted all these "facts"

when they're not facts at all, but a totally fallible mode of thinking which is not self-evidently true and can easily be disagreed with

its like yall did one social science class and read feminist blogs from time to time, and now youre all fucking experts on every subject now

it shits up threads so bad

This is a sub sub forum.

Nothing in duki's post was a bannable offense, let alone enough for a permban. And it's not like he's been banned twenty times like Cloving.

Can't help it if a certain someone has a vendetta.

I just had a dream my name was mentioned

Fuck you kad!

*goes back to sleep*

Probably "duh worthy" but Timmy had this to say in a recent article. The other intersting thing is that he almost retired this season

"Though I shouldn't say that; I have to threaten them that I'll leave," he joked. "No … I'm not going anywhere. You can print that wherever you want to. I'm here and I'm a Spur for life."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--t...easons.html;_ylt=AuJwBizz1gBfyl9OXOq_5NU5nYcB

Now I can add someone else to the list of people that don't read my posts. :p

Doug Gottlieb arguing that the Heat will kill the Celtics in transition because Boston goes for too many offensive rebounds is really a special segment for ESPN, lol.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
I can't wait for the meltdowns once Lebron chips...........after okc gets swept.

If OKC's three man show w/ role plays doesn't work, why do you think Miami's two man show w/ gimp bosh and no role players will?

We have a decent shot against SA. Lebron beasted the one game we played and Bosh roasted whoever they tried to throw at him. TP will abuse chalmers and I don't think LBJ can check him but defending SA is more of a team effort anyway, which we can be very good at. Spo needs to preach rotation rotation rotation.

And lol to people who think SA/OKC is a done deal after last night

Emwitus

If OKC's three man show w/ role plays doesn't work, why do you think Miami's two man show w/ gimp bosh and no role players will?

Because it's been working for them all season?? And they don't have westbrick. Y'all haven't seen OKC, irritated yet. Lakeshow played descent against them but never gave them any kind of fits. But once pop, messes with there psychy it's going to be a whole different team. All spurs have to do is win game 2.

The only chance I see for Boston to win this series is if:

A) Rondo (now with two good arms and slightly less broken jumpshot) goes ballistic.

AND

B) The man who refers to himself as King James realizes that he could be the one who puts the final dagger in the Boston 3 Party and then proceeds to do what Lebron does. (I.E. Wilt under the pressure of expectations and a spotlight)
As good as Wade is, the 07-08 Heat plus the corpse of Mike Miller, lame Shane Battier, and the 6'9 mental midget won't be enough to get it done against the C's.

A) Rondo (now with two good arms and slightly less broken jumpshot) goes ballistic.

AND

B) The man who refers to himself as King James realizes that he could be the one who puts the final dagger in the Boston 3 Party and then proceeds to do what Lebron does. (I.E. Wilt under the pressure of expectations and a spotlight)
As good as Wade is, the 07-08 Heat plus the corpse of Mike Miller, lame Shane Battier, and the 6'9 mental midget won't be enough to get it done against the C's.

I just hope lebron doesn't choke against them like he did last ye.....
oh wait...

Emwitus

AND

I think they needed a healthy bradley to win this. He was pretty big against wade during the regular season wins.

We have a decent shot against SA. Lebron beasted the one game we played and Bosh roasted whoever they tried to throw at him. TP will abuse chalmers and I don't think LBJ can check him but defending SA is more of a team effort anyway, which we can be very good at. Spo needs to preach rotation rotation rotation.

And lol to people who think SA/OKC is a done deal after last night

Timmy is going to go for 40/20/10 and break every record in the book. Kawhi/JAX on Bron Bron and Green on Wade. Game over.

Heat don't scare me at all. They simply can't score enough to beat us. Spurs in 4.

But I don't like looking ahead. The Thunder are a scary team in their own right. And we need to play much better than we did last night to beat them again.

DY_nasty

Because it's been working for them all season?? And they don't have westbrick. Y'all haven't seen OKC, irritated yet. Lakeshow played descent against them but never gave them any kind of fits. But once pop, messes with there psychy it's going to be a whole different team. All spurs have to do is win game 2.

Wait.

I don't get why so many Lakers fans keep throwing out their team like they were a great measuring stick. They were a second round team all year long. Inconsistent, lazy, devoid of depth, self-defeating, and just not a very intelligent or tough team.

And I don't trust Miami at all. This Spurs team is better than last year's Dallas team (so is OKC imo), but Miami... what do they do well consistently?

Emwitus

Wait.

I don't get why so many Lakers fans keep throwing out their team like they were a great measuring stick. They were a second round team all year long. Inconsistent, lazy, devoid of depth, self-defeating, and just not a very intelligent or tough team.

And I don't trust Miami at all. This Spurs team is better than last year's Dallas team (so is OKC imo), but Miami... what do they do well consistently?

I don't know if any one in there right mind thought the lakeshow were the better team...but okc is clearly playing way out of their league against the spurs. No kobe isos to save them here. Miami have lebron james, that's all there is to it. If he doesn't choke(LOL) I would pick them over OKC any day of the week.

Timmy is going to go for 40/20/10 and break every record in the book. Kawhi/JAX on Bron Bron and Green on Wade. Game over.

Heat don't scare me at all. They simply can't score enough to beat us. Spurs in 4.

But I don't like looking ahead. The Thunder are a scary team in their own right. And we need to play much better than we did last night to beat them again.

Since the big 3 have came together he has scored 33 points total(8 this year) but magically he's supposed to beast? Kawhi is just gonna forget about the 33-10-5 LBJ put up on em and lock him down? Green on Wade? LMAO

Bosh is a wildcard right now but he has beasted on SA since the Big 3 era. A 30-5-8 this year and an average 24-13-2 last year. All with FG% well above his averages.

But yeah MIA has no shot in hell....

DY_nasty

Stephen Jackson on LBJ worked fine a years back. I still think he could do it again in spurts.

But LBJ going one on Spurs in a playoff series is a hilarious bit of history that many seem to forget. If the Spurs only have to guard two people and a cripple, then it'd slightly more entertaining but ultimately the same end.

OKC has a shot though. I don't think they'll win game 2, but they could easily win both at home.

Flash

Skip sounds like such an idiotic hypocrite blaming Westbrook and praising Durant. Especially when you consider his LeBron criticism.

Since the big 3 have came together he has scored 33 points total(8 this year) but magically he's supposed to beast? Kawhi is just gonna forget about the 33-10-5 LBJ put up on em and lock him down? Green on Wade? LMAO

Bosh is a wildcard right now but he has beasted on SA since the Big 3 era. A 30-5-8 this year and an average 24-13-2 last year. All with FG% well above his averages.

But yeah MIA has no shot in hell....

I don't know how to tell you this, but regular season stats are absolutely meaningless with this Spurs team. They coasted like a motherfucker.

Just look at the rosters and its obvious. Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, and Ronny Turiaf cannot guard Tim Duncan. Duh.

This Heat team could barely get over 80 against the Indiana Pacers. The Spurs are a better defensive team than the Indiana Pacers. Unless Miami can somehow hold the Spurs 30 under their average, they aren't taking a game.

And they won't so it will be a sweep. But its a bit silly to talk about a Finals matchup when both teams have to get past their conference finals opponent.

smh. You actually think Miami, week ass minded Miami is going to beat San Antonio four out of seven games? Miami who doesn't have anyone to stop Duncan? Miami who doesn't have anyone to stop Parker? Miami who doesn't have anyone like Ginobli off the bench? Miami who lacks home court? Miami coached by Spoelstra? That Miami?

Kwhit10

I'm expecting to see Doc use quite a bit of zone against the heat. You have pack the lane so Wade and Bron can't drive all over you. Let them beat you with their jumpshots, and Miami's other players haven't been that good.

I don't think I saw a .gif of it yet on here.

flops.gif

Its mesmerizing.

It´s the ultimate flop-off like i was anticipating. Great stuff.

DY_nasty

smh. You actually think Miami, week ass minded Miami is going to beat San Antonio four out of seven games? Miami who doesn't have anyone to stop Duncan? Miami who doesn't have anyone to stop Parker? Miami who doesn't have anyone like Ginobli off the bench? Miami who lacks home court? Miami coached by Spoelstra? That Miami?

He means the Dolphins

I don't know how to tell you this, but regular season stats are absolutely meaningless with this Spurs team. They coasted like a motherfucker.

Just look at the rosters and its obvious. Joel Anthony, Chris Bosh, Udonis Haslem, and Ronny Turiaf cannot guard Tim Duncan. Duh.

This Heat team could barely get over 80 against the Indiana Pacers. The Spurs are a better defensive team than the Indiana Pacers. Unless Miami can somehow hold the Spurs 30 under their average, they aren't taking a game.

And they won't so it will be a sweep. But its a bit silly to talk about a Finals matchup when both teams have to get past their conference finals opponent.

Thats a convenient ass excuse but you don't finish with a top 2 record for two years straight by coasting. If you are delusional enough to believe that they are that good then Im sorry for you.

Duncan can be slowed down, this ain't the 2000s. And no one on the team can guard Bosh. The Indiana series is a terrible example. We lost a vital member of the team and had to adjust. The Spurs are not close to being as good on D as last years Bulls and while they score alot better their offense can be disrupted by athleticism and good rotations as OKC showed last night. Both of which MIA can provide.

Spurs are not as good as you make them out to be.

h3ro

Thats a convenient ass excuse but you don't finish with a top 2 record for two years straight by coasting. If you are delusional enough to believe that they are that good then Im sorry for you.

Duncan can be slowed down this ain't the 2000s. And no one on the team can guard Bosh. The Indiana series is a terrible example. We lost a vital member of the team and had to adjust. The Spurs are not close to being as good on D as last years Bulls and while they score alot better their offense can be disrupted by athleticism and good rotations as OKC showed last night. Both of which MIA can provide.

Tannehill has looked pretty good in OTAs!

Emwitus

We'll just have to wait and see now won't we? That's if both these teams can make it past the confrence finals. Actually, they probably will. OKC is getting swept and boston without bradley on wade might face the same fate.

troll

We'll just have to wait and see now won't we? That's if both these teams can make it past the confrence finals. Actually, they probably will. OKC is getting swept and boston without bradley on wade might face the same fate.

Ugh. so bad.

Your mom

Also, correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Bulls do pretty well against the Heat during last years regular season? Oh, but NOW the regular season matters.

And you have been trying to tell us that since the first round. We get it.

Wait.

So true. They weren't much better, if at all, than the Clippers. Awful bench, crazy bynum and MWP, worst Gasol. They never had a chance to get past the 2nd round if they faced OKC or SA.

And you have been trying to tell us that since the first round. We get it.

So true. They weren't much better, if at all, than the Clippers. Awful bench, crazy bynum and MWP, worst Gasol. They never had a chance to get past the 2nd round if they faced OKC or SA.

How much you want to bet that if the Spurs somehow were to sweep Okc and the Heat were to win 4-1 against the Celtics, Shadow would argue that the Heat's victory was as impressive as the Spurs sweep.

Ugh. so bad.

Your mom

Also, correct me if I am wrong but didn't the Bulls do pretty well against the Heat during last years regular season? Oh, but NOW the regular season matters.

They did well but most of the games were close. Save game 1 where they blew us out it was the same thing in the playoffs. And the Bulls are alot better on D.

I have never said the Reg season doesn't matter completely.

How much you want to bet that if the Spurs somehow were to sweep Okc and the Heat were to win 4-1 against the Celtics, Shadow would argue that the Heat's victory was as impressive as the Spurs sweep.

If they somehow sweep OKC, then consider me impressed. The Jazz and Clipps however??? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom