• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
What?!?!?!? If anybody is holding on to false hopes, its the SA fans who think that no team has a shot against them.

MIA holds several advantages over SA.

LBJ

not "several"

shit, LBJ couldn't even solo the Pacers. He damn sure isn't doing it against the Spurs. And Wade needs to get his head out of his ass too. I've been saying for the past two years that he hasn't been the same since James showed up...

If they somehow sweep OKC, then consider me impressed. The Jazz and Clipps however??? LOL
I'm not one to believe that SA would steam roll Miami or that the Heat has no chance against SA, because that's simply not true. I like the games being played before talking trash and first the Spurs have to deal with another fantastic team, but one thing is for sure...

Jazz + Clips >>> Knicks + Pacers

Flash

If the Heat want to beat the Spurs, they're going to have to go ahead big early. Close games against these Spurs will NOT be good... Pop will out coach Spo and LeBron will mentally check out when shit hits the fan.

I wonder if Pop would do a hack-a-LeBron in close games... lol ultimate troll

Sweeping the Jazz and Clips at full strength is nothing to be proud of. LMAO.

didn't say it was anything to be proud of. but if you're going to say that the sweeps were just LOL then what do you got to say about the heat?

smh Doc planning on starting Ray
*sees Wade go for 50 points*

Start Peaches!

Heh if KG just shoots nothing but jumpers in the beginning I'll be :/, Joel and Ronnie can't stop KG in the post or lol playoff Bass

Lebron going for 40...........angry shouts against Chalmers

From his defense of trash like Red Tails to his Sancha-like downplay of the Spurs there's a lot of evidence that shadowdork creates an alternate reality in his mind that is the complete opposite of what normal, rational people observe

Thats a convenient ass excuse but you don't finish with a top 2 record for two years straight by coasting.

We continually sat our guys, rested our starters major minutes if we had any sort of lead, and experimented with lineups/plays the entire season. Pop had a set of objectives going into each game, but they rarely coincided with winning. We are just so damn good that we happened to win a shit ton anyway.

If thats not coasting I don't know what is. The Spurs in the regular season were chillin', even when they were on the court. People rank Parker in the MVP race but only peg him down because of his overall stats (which while gaudy, aren't as impressive as the ball-stopping of LBJ). The thing they miss is that stats don't mean a damn when you are up 15 after every other 1st quarter. No one could average great per game stats on these Spurs, and thats a great thing.

Its why they are so good.

Duncan can be slowed down, this ain't the 2000s.

You can send your secret strats to the Jazz, Clips, and Thunder cause they could have used them. Homeboy has a 25.0 PER, an absurd 93 DRtg, and leads the team in win shares and you're trying to tell me Joel Anthony is the answer.

Aight.

The Indiana series is a terrible example.

I'll just use every other game they've ever played then.

Miami is a poor offensive team, and nowhere near championship quality.

If you are delusional enough to believe that they are that good then Im sorry for you.

You're fighting against reality man. You're talking about a team that literally (rip duki) hasn't lost for almost 2 months now. 45-4 in the last 49 (including playoffs) with Parker playing.

I don't have to say they are that good for it to be true. Its right there out on the court.

the heat literally couldn't beat the jazz in the reg season.
Heat don't even roll out of bed for teams like the Jazz. They didn't even try till the end.

From his defense of trash like Red Tails to his Sancha-like downplay of the Spurs there's a lot of evidence that shadowdork creates an alternate reality in his mind that is the complete opposite of what normal, rational people observe

I would rather live in a make-believe-world than live in the reality of being a Magic fan.

I don't get why people think the Jazz were such a bad team.

I could see it at the beginning of the year (and I thought we'd be terrible as well), but by the end of the year, five guys were playing at a really high level and the team was on a good winning streak. Knicks would have been dominated inside in a hypothetical matchup.

We continually sat our guys, rested our starters major minutes if we had any sort of lead, and experimented with lineups/plays the entire season. Pop had a set of objectives going into each game, but they rarely coincided with winning. We are just so damn good that we happened to win a shit ton anyway.

If thats not coasting I don't know what is. The Spurs in the regular season were chillin', even when they were on the court. People rank Parker in the MVP race but only peg him down because of his overall stats (which while gaudy, aren't as impressive as the ball-stopping of LBJ). The thing they miss is that stats don't mean a damn when you are up 15 after every other 1st quarter. No one could average great per game stats on these Spurs, and thats a great thing.

Its why they are so good.

You can send your secret strats to the Jazz, Clips, and Thunder cause they could have used them. Homeboy has a 25.0 PER, an absurd 93 DRtg, and leads the team in win shares and you're trying to tell me Joel Anthony is the answer.

Aight.

I'll just use every other game they've ever played then.

Miami is a poor offensive team, and nowhere near championship quality.

You're fighting against reality man. You're talking about a team that literally (rip duki) hasn't lost for almost 2 months now. 45-4 in the last 49 (including playoffs) with Parker playing.

I don't have to say they are that good for it to be true. Its right there out on the court.

This is so rich. You mind if I bookmark this for the future?

MiDNiGHTS said:
What makes you so sure you are even gonna beat the Celtics?

I have predicted they we would lose since Bosh went out, but Bos looks so bad right now though so who knows.

I don't get why people think the Jazz were such a bad team.

I could see it at the beginning of the year (and I thought we'd be terrible as well), but by the end of the year, five guys were playing at a really high level and the team was on a good winning streak. Knicks would have been dominated inside in a hypothetical matchup.

Its the same thing thats happening with the Clippers and will happen with the Thunder when we play Miami or Boston.

16-0 will shut it up though.

You have a guy proclaiming with a straight face that they are gonna sweep the finals(with the basis being that they swept two mediocre teams) yet the Heat are somehow the worst fanbase on here?

Shit is so hilarious.

ClovingSteam said:
Except they did it better than your team.

Yep that first round exit was so impressive.

giga

m0rbg.png

You have a guy proclaiming with a straight face that they are gonna sweep the finals(with the basis being that they swept two mediocre teams) yet the Heat are somehow the worst fanbase on here?

Shit is so hilarious.

Yep that first round exit was so impressive.
They coasted better than your team. Heatles with LeBron, Wade, and Bosh couldt even coast as well as old ass Duncan, old ass injured Ginobli, and Parker and in the weakest conference at that. Damn shame

diehard

Fleer

Shit is so hilarious.
You have a guy proclaiming with a straight face that they could beat the Spurs (with the basis that they struggled against two mediocre teams and is predicting a loss to the Celtics) yet is calling out other another fan base?

Shit is so hilarious.

This nonsense is the reason I want them to lose. You're not getting to 11 wins in a row and beating the 2001 Lakers run. Book it

Right. Its the same reason you put up irrational arguments against Duncan.

You're afraid of how it'll demote your favorite player/team's legacy.

What the Lakers did in 2001 will always be there. What the Spurs do now won't take away from that. Those lists don't matter man....its all dumb fanboy bullshit. Stop worrying and enjoy the basketball.

You have a guy proclaiming with a straight face that they could beat the Spurs (with the basis that they struggled against two mediocre teams and is predicting a loss to the Celtics) yet is calling out other another fan base?

Shit is so hilarious.

That troll doesn't work when its not actually what happened. SMFH

Who was posting all that Johnny Quest the Thunder loving playing together = Championship garbage. I really want to rub that in after this series.

Vahagn

Right. Its the same reason you put up irrational arguments against Duncan.

You're afraid of how it'll demote your favorite player/team's legacy.

What the Lakers did in 2001 will always be there. What the Spurs do now won't take away from that. Those lists don't matter man....its all dumb fanboy bullshit. Stop worrying and enjoy the basketball.

I don't put up irrational arguments against Duncan. He's the greatest power forward ever and a top 10 player and this last decade was as much his as it was Kobe's. My arguments about Duncan are perfectly rational and the fact that you had to resort to advanced stats earlier to claim he's still dominant was proof of that.

Also, most fans of Jordan don't want Kobe to get to number 6...it's what you do as a fan. If anything, you should be proud that your franchise is the only one that can compete with mines in the last 15 years, and in the sense of our early decade rivalry, I want you to lose.

That, and, I genuinely like Durant and Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom