• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

giri

Even though hes one of my favorite players, I have to agree. Though Collison is not the answer. I think moving Hill to the starting lineup was a good decision. Collison is kinda sorta terrible.

G-Hill is an awesome player because of his unique skillset. He has a bunch of things he does above average (shooting, ball handling, transition offense, moving without the ball) and one particuarly exceptional trait (his defense on 1s and 2s). The fact that he can fit in with so many lineups makes it natural to run a 3 guard tandem; an incredible asset in the playoffs where teams often have to play a PG, a backup, a SG, and 2 wing backups. He simplifies the rotation while letting you keep your best players on the floor. Combo guard backups are really, really valuable, especially if they don't give up size/speed on either end like Hill. His only major weakness is his court vison/passing, so his best compliment is a team with established ballhandlers like the Spurs or the Heat...

DC as a rookie was putting up CP3 type numbers on the Hornetts team, when CP3 went down.

DC is far and away from terrible. The pacers just basically do everything possible to completely eliminate the value of his position on the court, and are better off starting a combo type guard like hill, because of it. If they had another legitimate SG, they'd be better off starting them.

Hill suited that role much better than DC, but that's more on their terrible system than DC.

DC as a rookie was putting up CP3 type numbers on the Hornetts team, when CP3 went down.

DC is far and away from terrible. The pacers just basically do everything possible to completely eliminate the value of his position on the court, and are better off starting a combo type guard like hill, because of it. If they had another legitimate SG, they'd be better off starting them.

Hill suited that role much better than DC, but that's more on their terrible system than DC.

You may be right, and I may be blinded by the fuckball but...

Holy shit has Collison looked horrible as a Pacer. I liked him as a Hornet but damn is it hard to ignore. And its gotten worse and worse too..

I'm the last guy who'd pardon Vogel, and I hate his system almost as much as DY (I just like their players lol), but its hard for me to say that what DC did in New Orleans was anything but an aberration. Theres no excuse for his defense, especially.

OKC's offense looks horrible right now. Not doing anything (though it's hard to when Durant is being denied when three of their starters are incompetent offensively)

Spurs are surgical right now. Kind of glad we didn't advance just to get embarrassed. Eat it, OKC lol

spoken like the fan of a team that got their asses kicked in last round. don't hate on OKC just because they embarrassed ur boi kobe!

but on this game, just lazy defense by the thunder. take that dunk just now. durant in perfect position to get the steal and just gets lazy, doesn't put his hands up, and its a dunk

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Fallacy, Nash at least tries on D, and draws quite a few charges.

He's just not very good at it.

Where as those guys just didn't even attempt to play D at all.

fuck that.. Nash back pedals like a zone coverage cornerback and flops like sexier version of Vlade.. he has given up the pretense of pretending he plays D 6 or 7 years ago...

Cloudy

Banned
spoken like the fan of a team that got their asses kicked in last round. don't hate on OKC just because they embarrassed ur boi kobe!

Meh. Refs didn't respect our defense enough and didn't call Perk for most of his BS screens. Durant and Westbrook with no illegal screens = slightly above average NBA players

how is that not a moving screen on boris diaw? he is moving and blocking the guy from getting to green in the corner.

not only that, but OKC can't buy a foul in the paint

giri

Forgive my lack of basketball knowledge but is the gap in quality between these two significant enough that that is actually a realistic possibility?

Spurs have now won 9 of their last 11 meetings with OKC.

Popovich now gets a full play off series to focus on abusing brooks coaching inability.

Spurs have been the best team in the playoffs this year.

It really actually is entirely possible to justifiably pick a sweep in this series.

I can also see OKC picking up 1 game just because they're not a horrible team themselves. I can even see it getting pushed out to 6 or 7 if OKC get a lot of calls their way or Durant enters god mode.

But a sweep is actually justifiable.

how is that not a moving screen on boris diaw? he is moving and blocking the guy from getting to green in the corner.

not only that, but OKC can't buy a foul in the paint
In fairness Diaw is so fat the refs couldn't tell if the guy was trying to run around him and just collapsed out of exhaustion.

and FThunder doesn't happen this early.

Blackace

Except, that none of thats true.

except all of that is true.. Nash has been the worst defender in the NBA forever.. so bad that people don't even talk about it anymore..

People rip on Jennings (and they should) but Nash has had just as many natural tools as Jennings has and never really attempted to play D..

also

Melo at one time under Karl played D and was good at it.. so that punk should be put on blast but doesn't happen enough..

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
TP uses a screen like the boss of all bosses

Tim Duncan is owning Perk and Ibaka by himself. Ridiculous.

In fairness Diaw is so fat the refs couldn't tell if the guy was trying to run around him and just collapsed out of exhaustion.

and FThunder doesn't happen this early.

this is what bothers me about the NBA. if the calls were good or the calls were bad doesn't really irk me as much as you see one team doing something and getting called for it, then you see the other team do the same exact thing and there is no call. it was the same in last nights game. if things were consistent then its harder to complain

Emwitus

except all of that is true.. Nash has been the worst defender in the NBA forever.. so bad that people don't even talk about it anymore..

People rip on Jennings (and they should) but Nash has had just as many natural tools as Jennings has and never really attempted to play D..

also

Melo at one time under Karl played D and was good at it.. so that punk should be put on blast but doesn't happen enough..

I don't see how any one can argue against this. Even in his mvp days he was utter cowdung.

Blackace

TP uses a screen like the boss of all bosses

Tim Duncan is owning Perk and Ibaka by himself. Ridiculous.

Could you imagine how unstoppable LBJ would have been in Cle if he used picks half as well as TP does?

giri

also

Don't disagree with you about melo or jennings. But Nash tries on D, but his complete lack of horizontal speed/athleticism means he was never going to be good at it. Ever. Nash's offensive prowess was never athleticism, and all of the best defenders have that in spades, and for a good reason.

No one pretends Nash is good at D, But to say he doesn't try is just not correct.

Blackace

I don't see how any one can argue against this. Even in his mvp days he was utter cowdung.

It happens when your has been exploded by cheap owners and Nash is all that is left..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom