• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingGondo

Banned
Haha Drake sent a tweet that the first million is the toughest
T.Boone Pickens sent him a tweet that the first billion is even tougher
0211_t-boone-pickens2_485x340.jpg

Yes, this is a real book.

Best owner in all of college athletics.

Vahagn

You know those times when you're in the shower, relaxing, and just fantasizing about random shit? Dreams you have, girls you want to bone, accomplishments you wish you could make?

Well I swear I've thought this exact one up.

Does this mean that I can force Joey Crawford into retirement if I just think hard enough?

Fantasizing about one-upping the Lakers? Typical Spurs Fan

exarkun

You know those times when you're in the shower, relaxing, and just fantasizing about random shit? Dreams you have, girls you want to bone, accomplishments you wish you could make?

Well I swear I've thought this exact one up.

Does this mean that I can force Joey Crawford into retirement if I just think hard enough?

shit just got mad weird.

you dream about grown ass men all sweaty and shit and rubbing on each other for 48 minutes? Sounds like the real justin timberlake...

Emwitus

So after watching the Rondo highlights I have to ask. Are the heat bad at protecting the lane?

Did you see what barea did to them last season? Even if i think miami are a better match up against the spurs right now, the mass of the black hole tony parker will tear up in southbeach will be of epic proportions.

While I certainly get where you're coming from, I just don't think this logic makes sense. If you acknowledge that stars get calls, and Miami has bigger stars, doesn't that give them a bigger advantage? If two teams are relatively evenly matched, wouldn't a few lopsided calls give one team an advantage over the other, making it more difficult for the other team to win? There isn't some magical well of willpower that can allow a team to overcome biased officiating. It's a nice thought, but it's not realistic.

I don't want to get into a big debate about the calls in this series. I'm a Boston fan and I'm mostly not happy with them, but whatever. I'm not on the floor and I'm not a ref. But two calls that really stuck out to me were the T on Kevin and the foul that took Pierce out of the game. I didn't agree with either of the calls. Would it not be fair to say that Boston likely would have won the game if those calls didn't happen? In that case, wouldn't it mean that the better team that night didn't actually win because of bad calls? Maybe you thought those were good calls, which would invalidate this example, but the argument stands.

I get that blaming the refs is a cop out excuse and you have to overcome. But I just don't think the "better team always wins argument" is sound. You can't say that if one team has an advantage. Based on your own admission, I don't see how you could say that Miami doesn't have advantage over most teams.

Very good points. Granted us having an abnormal star team probably leads to having a team that makes it easier to get calls. Let's not forget though that wade and lebrons main move is to go at the basket, players who go at the basket all game long are going to get more fouls than a jump shooting team, real fouls not imaginary ones.

I guess what I see is that our team has been beat before, we are not some invincible squad. I have seen teams take us totally out of our game where the offense can't get to the basket and the look lost. Teams can do things to stop us from getting opportunities to draw fouls. As for techs I agree some have been beyond Ticky tack, but just never say anything you can't get a tech if you do nothing. I know that is hard to do but it is a fixable situation.

I guess what I am saying is that any foul advance we may get I believe has more to do with the structure of the game, of allowing aggressive players to get more fouls, of stars being protected than it is some massive conspiracy to make sure the heat win a championship.

effzee

I never said there was? I just said the reffing was bad? So historically bad that it absolutely decided the game?

Isn't that more than enough reason for me to complain?

My bad I lumped you in with the rest of the crowd that believes Stern sits in some control room controlling games and lottery picks.

Vahagn

My bad I lumped you in with the rest of the crowd that believes Stern sits in some control room controlling games and lottery picks.

I don't necessarily agree with Stern controlling the refs, although a case can be made.

But the picks? Especially after yesterday? It reaks of backroom deals gallore. The obvious solution would be to show the lottery in plain view...like a real lottery. This is like 5 years in a row where it's completely story line driven.

I think it's more than fair to assume that it's entirely probable that Benson made Stern give him the pick as a condition to buying the Hornets.

linsivvi

This year's FIFTY was the best one yet.

So dramatic, so epic. Required an absurd end of the season to accomplish.

Needless to say, it was awesome. That was a good day.

Spurs gets 50 wins in a lockout season, go 16-0 to win a championship, Timmy doesn't retire, and you become Justin Timberlake.

Until you wake up and Jessica Biel isn't sleeping next to you.

This is just a dream.

Very good points. Granted us having an abnormal star team probably leads to having a team that makes it easier to get calls. Let's not forget though that wade and lebrons main move is to go at the basket, players who go at the basket all game long are going to get more fouls than a jump shooting team, real fouls not imaginary ones.

I guess what I see is that our team has been beat before, we are not some invincible squad. I have seen teams take us totally out of our game where the offense can't get to the basket and the look lost. Teams can do things to stop us from getting opportunities to draw fouls. As for techs I agree some have been beyond Ticky tack, but just never say anything you can't get a tech if you do nothing. I know that is hard to do but it is a fixable situation.

I guess what I am saying is that any foul advance we may get I believe has more to do with the structure of the game, of allowing aggressive players to get more fouls, of stars being protected than it is some massive conspiracy to make sure the heat win a championship.

How is it fair that the celtics and heat do the same shit (complaining after calls) but only the celtics get T'd up. If its ticky tack both ways you can't really complain

Did you see what barea did to them last season? Even if i think miami are a better match up against the spurs right now, the mass of the black hole tony parker will tear up in southbeach will be of epic proportions.

I guess I haven't noticed this off season because no one really did it.

effzee

I just watched the overtime, is the kick play where he makes the layup and the actual foul is on Garnett? Cause if that is the play everyone is talking about, Garnett clearly got him on his arm/elbow.

I just watched the overtime, is the kick play where he makes the layup and the actual foul is on Garnett? Cause if that is the play everyone is talking about, Garnett clearly got him on his arm/elbow.

Yea, the kick is a foul. Garnett got him first, however. So, -shrug-

effzee

Well I don't see how Rondo got the foul, but Wade wouldn't get called on a foul either since he is in mid air going for a layup attempt. Its similar to how Miller used to kick out and actually throw his legs into the defender to draw the foul.

There was an actual foul on that play and it was on Garnett.

RBH

120530_draft_offer_main.jpg

The 2011-12 Charlotte Bobcats were the worst team in the history of the NBA, and last night they missed out on the chance to draft Anthony Davis and generate some excitement for the new season.

In a last-ditch attempt to get fans in the seats, the Bobcats are now rolling out a ridiculously cheap season-ticket deal.

Fans in Charlotte can buy a season ticket for the 2012-13 season — seats are available for as low as $537.50 — and get a season ticket for the 2013-14 season absolutely free.

That's 82 games. For $537.50, or six dollars and 55 cents a game.

Even if you only go to marquee games against the top four teams in each conference, over the course of two years you would be paying less than 30 dollars a game.

For some perspective, fans have to put down a $100 deposit just to get on the waiting list for Los Angeles Lakers season tickets, with no guarantee of actually getting them. Actual season tickets cost thousands of dollars.

Even Atlanta Hawks fans should start scooping up Bobcats season tickets at this price.
http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...practically-giving-away-season-tickets-2012-5

Emwitus

Well I don't see how Rondo got the foul, but Wade wouldn't get called on a foul either since he is in mid air going for a layup attempt. Its similar to how Miller used to kick out and actually throw his legs into the defender to draw the foul.

There was an actual foul on that play and it was on Garnett.

Rondo kicked wade in the hand with his face......ofcourse you don't get called out for that.

Omega

Banned
whats sad is bobcat attendance will still suck.

for that cheap, everyone should be going no matter how bad the bobcats are.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
..uh ok? Not sure what the purpose of this post was. It doesn't disprove my statement or even agree with it. It's just a random fact.

That they can only go up from here? The Bobcats aren't beyond saving. Three of those teams on that list I provided, however...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom