• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mxrz

So many Odom-Knick rumors going around.

He would at least be better than Jeffries and the corpse formerly known as Amare.

They going to pay him in Giants season tickets or something?

I could almost understand just liking Kobe more than Shaq, or Kareem (or Wilt) for whatever reason, but performance stuff loses me entirely.

I'm not getting into this discussion but...

People like to re-imagine the 3 Peat years like Kobe was this bum that Shaq dragged along to the Finals for 3 years. Like he was Rick Fox-esque.

Kobe fucking made a career torching the 5pur5 but people (like jobber and JT) would love to pretend these things didn't happen.

NO FUCKING WAY SHAQ 3 PEATS WITHOUT BRYANT.

Dude was dropping numbers in the playoffs that were silly.

thekad

Banned
The dude's resume is good enough where I prefer to talk about what is

There's a lot more...but I'm tired...those are option A "Best player in the league" type performances.

He only put up those numbers due to the attention Shaq was drawing.

Sanjuro

I'm not getting into this discussion but....

joKkwpnaS7Em3.png

Talon

I'm not getting into this discussion but...

People like to re-imagine the 3 Peat years like Kobe was this bum that Shaq dragged along to the Finals for 3 years. Like he was Rick Fox-esque.

Kobe fucking made a career torching the 5pur5 but people (like jobber and JT) would love to pretend these things didn't happen.

NO FUCKING WAY SHAQ 3 PEATS WITHOUT BRYANT.

Dude was dropping numbers in the playoffs that were silly.
I think the argument is that Shaq was without a doubt the best player at his position in the league, and he had a history 4-5 year stretch where he was the most dominant man in the game. The gap between Shaq and the next guy was a lot wider than Kobe and prime Vince. Or prime Tmac (although I struggle to say this without laughing - not that Tmac wasn't great...just...playoffs).

Emwitus

I think the argument is that Shaq was without a doubt the best player at his position in the league, and he had a history 4-5 year stretch where he was the most dominant man in the game. The gap between Shaq and the next guy was a lot wider than Kobe and prime Vince. Or prime Tmac (although I struggle to say this without laughing - not that Tmac wasn't great...just...playoffs).

What does it matter about the gap if kobe was also the top player at his position?

thekad

Banned
As always, Lakers fans resort to personal insults and accusations of trolling rather than put together a rational argument. Not surprised.

Vahagn

No way man.

The Basketball-Reference website clearly says...

I literally lol'd

Again, Kobe stans plug their ears when they hear things they don't like.

Dude, the reason no one takes your dumb T Mac argument literally is because it's been debunked before. You're arguing Option A stats against Option B stats and they're BARELY better in TMac's favor. And if T Mac was in LA he would be Option B behind Shaq too, so it's disingenuous. Kobe was a much better defender, much better as a 1st option when he was a first option, and much more successful in his career. T Mac is probably the only guy who can be compared to Kobe, but its a Jordan/Drexler argument at best.

Again, Kobe stans plug their ears when they hear things they don't like.

You're so bad at this.

You claim T-Mac got BETTER in the playoffs but he couldn't get out the first round, playing with Yao.

How do you explain that?

Was Yao a bum?

Was T Mac a bum?

If you say Yao was a bum, your argument is laughable. Yao was amazing.

If you say T Mac was a bum, you defeat your own argument.

So why was "better than Kobe" T-Mac unable to get to the second round with Yao?

thekad

Banned
I literally lol'd

Dude, the reason no one takes your dumb T Mac argument literally is because it's been debunked before. You're arguing Option A stats against Option B stats and they're BARELY better in TMac's favor.

You're right. I have no idea how Kobe put up such poor efficiency playing next to the most dominant force in basketball (and coached by Phil). T-Mac would have been much better for the Lakers now that I think about it.

Vahagn

You're right. I have no idea how Kobe put up such poor efficiency playing next to the most dominant force in basketball (and coached by Phil). T-Mac would have been much better for the Lakers now that I think about it.

sigh

What nonsense are you talking right now? Kobe shot a better percentage from the field...unless you're talking about the playoffs, where T Mac played in one round, where kobe played in 4 successively more difficult rounds.

The problem with all of your Kobe opinions is that they are all troll-level bad. If you could possess a single valid argument, people would agree with you. But T-Mac > Kobe is the basketball equivalent of Obama = Muslim...just find a different player to denigrate...you're scraping at the bottom of the barrel with your BS now

thekad

Banned
sigh

What nonsense are you talking right now? Kobe shot a better percentage from the field...

His TS% was marginally better (efg% lower) playing, again, next to the most dominant player perhaps of all time. That's not something to hang your hat on when T-Mac was carrying trash to the playoffs.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
1) True, it was Shaq's team, and those were his finals MVP's.

2) The difference is that paid experts attempt to be objective in one way or another. Fans, for the most part don't. Kobe's the most hated basketball athlete of his generation by a great deal many fans, and the arguably the most revered by his contemporaries and objective analysts.

3) If your argument is that MJ was better than Kobe because (in part) he didn't play with a great big man...I agree. But Kobe in 2001-2002 was a much greater player than Pau ever was, so even bringing Pau up to take credit away from Kobe when you give all the 2000-2002 championship credit to Shaq is a perfect example of your inconsistency.

True, and Magic probably doesn't come here if Kareem wasn't here already. But this isn't a game of what if's

you even overvalue his villain status..

no gives ALL the credit to anyone.. you are trying so hard to find inconsistencies it's funny..

Kobe was a great sidekick to Shaq.. one of, if not the greatest 1-2 punch the NBA had ever seen..

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
The problem with all of your Kobe opinions is that they are all troll-level bad. If you could possess a single valid argument, people would agree with you. But T-Mac > Kobe is the basketball equivalent of Obama = Muslim...just find a different player to denigrate...you're scraping at the bottom of the barrel with your BS now

never do this again or I will delete your account

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom