• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

aznpxdd

I didn't know there were people who could cite Kobe's all defensive selections with a straight face as a legitimate argument.

In his younger days..they were definitely legit. But once he had to take the scoring load as the man, his defense definitely went down a notch and didn't deserve the All Defensive selections.

By the way, Kobe was selected All NBA Defense 2nd team this season. :lol

Shadow780

If fat Mac and his cousin each shares 50% of the work ethic and mental will Kobe has, they're already better than Kobe. All those talent went to waste.

Fuck it feels dirty just saying that.

When I say Lakers you say Go! Lakers! Go! Lakers! Go!
When I say Shaq you say Go! Shaq! Go! Lakers! Go!

I miss screaming that in the early 2000's playoff games!

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
If fat Mac and his cousin each shares 50% of the work ethic and mental will Kobe has, they're already better than Kobe. All those talent went to waste.

Fuck it feels dirty just saying that.

Work ethic didn't have as much to do with as Doc running McGrady into the ground.

And if I could go back in time to change one basketball event, I'd hold Tim Duncan's family hostage in order to force him to Orlando.

Work ethic didn't have as much to do with as Doc running McGrady into the ground.

And if I could go back in time to change one basketball event, I'd hold Tim Duncan's family hostage in order to force him to Orlando.

So that he'd waste his prime with a Magic team that would have probably had an injured Grant Hill? No thanks. Although Timmy probably gets to play in the NBA finals like 4-5 times if he's out in the East.

DY_nasty

So that he'd waste his prime with a Magic team that would have probably had an injured Grant Hill? No thanks. Although Timmy probably gets to play in the NBA finals like 4-5 times if he's out in the East.

Grant doesn't even matter.

Prime Mac + Prime Duncan is something the world was cheated of.

In fairness, the Jazz were just a terrible match up for those Rockets teams. Okur had too much range for Yao to guard him and Boozer was too quick. On the offensive end the Jazz doubled and fronted Yao everytime and T-Mac for some reason was unable to eviscerate Fisher... I don't think I'll ever understand that. D-Will on the other hand had no problems absolutely running a train on Rafer Alston... WTF Rafer Alston from the And1 league, seriously we must have had the worst GM in the NBA.

In Morey we trust, Jazz will remain title-less for the foreseeable and unforeseeable future

And1 League? You know that Rafer was a prominent street basketball player in NYC. And I when I invoke street ball, I'm talking about real street basketball; not the shit you saw on EPSN.

He's in the West and he has 4 rings in 4 trips and might get 5 in 5.

I mean, damn.

DY_nasty

And1 League? You know that Rafer was a prominent street basketball player in NYC. And I when I invoke street ball, I'm talking about real street basketball; not the shit you saw on EPSN.

That too.

But this same Rafer Alston also managed to pick up the reigns of Orlando's offense and was a key reason why they made it to the finals. Hell, if SVG didn't panic and try and reinsert a damaged career while destroying Rafer's psyche, then you might have a different outcome.

Ira Winderman ‏@IraHeatBeat
Scott Foster, Marc Davis, Ken Mauer your referees for tonight's Heat-Pacers (8 p.m., ESPN), with David Jones the alternate.

So we have the guy who blew a huge goaltending call, the guy who ejected a fan earlier in the playoffs (and Rondo), and the guy that Tommy Heinsohn says "Should go home to his wife and kids because those are the only people who love him"

Who does this favor?

DY_nasty

So we have the guy who blew a huge goaltending call, the guy who ejected a fan earlier in the playoffs (and Rondo), and the guy that Tommy Heinsohn says "Should go home to his wife and kids because those are the only people who love him"

Who does this favor?

oh no

the refs are on indiana's side. how will the heat overcomlololololololol

Tom Penny

Fuck me. Celtics lose last night...I drive a block a way from my house and some dipshit with an expired license totals my car. WTF !!!!

PBY

Banned

Who does this favor?

For any other league, its a disaster- for the NBA, its a thursday night.

h3ro

Who does this favor?

wFlPa.jpg

Kanguro

Neo Member

DY_nasty said:
That too.

But this same Rafer Alston also managed to pick up the reigns of Orlando's offense and was a key reason why they made it to the finals. Hell, if SVG didn't panic and try and reinsert a damaged career while destroying Rafer's psyche, then you might have a different outcome.

Street ball (and1 or otherwise) =/= winning basketball. Am I in some alternate dimension where Rafer is regarded as a competent pointguard?

lol I'm not complaining about the refs. I'm not like the rest of you!

also someone explain what this means in D3 "melee attackers take (X) damage per hit" when referring to one of the gems if i put it in my weapon

does that mean they take that much extra damage or something?

lol I'm not complaining about the refs. I'm not like the rest of you!

also someone explain what this means in D3 "melee attackers take (X) damage per hit" when referring to one of the gems if i put it in my weapon

does that mean they take that much extra damage or something?

I don't play that game and I can confirm that's what it does

Gabyskra

Banned
That too.

Sounds like you have a hard-on for point guards that only make one basket out of three

To be fair to DY I'm pretty sure every Lakers fan was glad to see Jameer instead of Rafer out there. Stan mindfucked his team and enraged Rafer by pulling what he did.

DY_nasty

Street ball (and1 or otherwise) =/= winning basketball. Am I in some alternate dimension where Rafer is regarded as a competent pointguard?
How would you describe Rafers performance with Orlando if not competent?

Jeff-DSA

Don't worry guys, D-Will, Harden, and Dwight will all end up in LA. They'll probably trade Ebanks for Deron, sign Harden, and trade Jordan Hill for Dwight.

SamuraiX-

T-Mac was one of my top favorite superstars of the past decade, but the only time you could argue he was better than Kobe was during his stint with Orlando from '00 to '04. His Houston days don't really compare much to what Kobe was doing after that.

Jeff-DSA

T-Mac was one of my top favorite superstars of the past decade, but the only time you could argue he was better than Kobe was during his stint with Orlando from '00 to '04. His Houston days don't really compare much to what Kobe was doing after that.

Dude was a first round virgin until his team got him there while he was sidelined. He could ball, but he couldn't win.

KingGondo

Banned
Not if he wants to start.
He doesn't seem to care about coming off the bench. He'll make 90% of the money he would as a starter, win multiple sixth-man awards, make all-star teams, and compete for championships year-in year-out.

If Bynum weren't a stupid piece of shit I might consider trading Harden for him. Even then it's a stretch.

Besides, OKC will extend Harden before he becomes a RFA.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Really? Man too many games. I'll probably pick it up after D3 is done with me. Is it better of PS3 or 360?

PS3.

360 has like, the framerate of hell.

One thing I really, really like is the character creator. You can actually make some really unique looking people, and the fat and old options are pretty well done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom