• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2012 NBA Playoffs |OT3| If he dies, he dies *wink*

Status
Not open for further replies.

jman2050

Pre bosh injury only team that had a chance was a healthy Orlando with someone else controlling Dwight's body so he had real post moves. Chicago with bosh healthy would have been four or five just awful matchup for them.

What sucks is that the Magic with a healthy Dwight would've beaten this Pacers team and would have actually been a legit threat to beat a Bosh-less Heat. Alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Silkworm

I don't get it......Boston has the better chance to beat miami?

Well I'm guessing the Celtics might be more competitive than the 76ers based on regular season. But then again based on how the Celtics have been playing up and down recently I'm not sure it matters who plays the Heat, i.e. it will probably be a short series with either the Celtics or the 76ers playing the Heat. However a matchup of Heat vs. Celtics sounds like it would potentially be more exciting than 76ers vs. Heat so more viewers might tune in to the former than the later matchup. I just want to see the Celtics play a little longer since I'm not sure what will happen to the team next year. They'll probably blow the team up and maybe Doc will go be the GM of the Magic. *sigh*

Because the fans wouldn't even be there

People said the same thing about Indy and it went to game 6. Miami isn't as good as everyone thinks they are apparently.

On the other side of things, those analysts like Hollinger thought the Jazz would give the Spurs some trouble because of their size. Jazz lost by what..15ppg?

So if Hollinger says it's a bye, we're guaranteed a Game 7 in the ECF.

Hollinger said IF the coach played Favors a lot they might take a game. He did not say they'd give them real trouble.

"Nonetheless, I just don't see how the Jazz will get any stops. Utah is by and large awful against the pick-and-roll, and the Spurs have been carving up teams with that play all season. The Jazz's defense at the point of attack would have to dramatically improve to give them much of a chance against this Spurs juggernaut.
Keep an eye on the Jazz because in another year or two they're going to be handful, but they can't handle this big a step up in class just yet. Even when the Spurs sat their three stars in Salt Lake City, the Jazz barely beat them."

Yeah, he clearly said Utah would be a problem for SAS.

Omega

Banned
What? Hollinger thought the Spurs would completely dominate the Jazz, only Simmons thought the Jazz had a chance because of their size (which was a horrible argument to make since Millsap and Al always struggle against the Spurs and the Spurs' interior D is pretty good this year)

I didn't mean Hollinger specifically said it, but it definitely wasn't just Simmons. Poor wording on my part

Me and my friends were laughing at that because we both think ESPN is a joke with their "expert analysts" and how a few of them thought Jazz had a chance.

Emwitus

Agreed, but I don't think Larry would do that move. He's one of the best at turning nothing into something, but hasn't shown he can get something amazing from just plain old something. If that makes sense.

I'd love to get DWill this summer. But we will probably just go after Eric Gordon.

That would be the perfect fit for your team. And hopefully after larry bird so this performance by bron and wade he can have a change of mind. I like this pacer's team too, but they seem to have the same problem lakers do with moving away from their big men who are performing well.

Barrage

Noone's getting Gordon. NO will match any offer. First year with a new owner, they ain't lettin' the guy they traded Paul for get away.

Emwitus

Oh my, i forgot about Bradley :((((((((((((( Yeah, this is a cake walk for the heat. I take my opinions back. That plus ray out, Boston might not have a chance.

Skip Bayless ‏@RealSkipBayless
And Dwyane Tyrone Wade said, "Enough!" 17 of 25. 10 rebounds. 41 points. Batman's Revenge on unpunished Psycho T.

batman-and-robin-tv.jpg

LuchaShaq

Banned
I didn't mean Hollinger specifically said it, but it definitely wasn't just Simmons. Poor wording on my part

Me and my friends were laughing at that because we both think ESPN is a joke with their "expert analysts" and how a few of them thought Jazz had a chance.

You should either find the quotes or stop yammering about nonsense. Pretty sure even Simmons said a game or two for the jazz not the series.

You can find some idiot for any prediction online but to act like even ten percent of people thought the jazz were winning more than one or two games is bs.

You should either find the quotes or stop yammering about nonsense. Pretty sure even Simmons said a game or two for the jazz not the series.

You can find some idiot for any prediction online but to act like even ten percent of people thought the jazz were winning more than one or two games is bs.

Simmons said the Jazz would win two games at least, but really, he seemed to be it.

so can Bosh play anytime now?

lol at people saying he should just rest, at least play a few minutes and get back in the groove in the ECF

heh sixers can still win game 7, Celoltics can fuck it up

I love how Miami fans continue to be oblivious to the fact that Lebron James is a front runner...it's just fascinating

If being a front runner means being the most efficient player on the planet. Being one of the best defenders in the game. And overall being the best player period, then yeah I am fine with that.

tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
After being down 2-1, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James averaged 33.0 pts and 32.7 pts, respectively, to clinch the series.

People talk so much shit about how easy its supposed to be for the heat but this is extremely hard todo 3 games straight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom