• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

RedAssedApe

Banned
Did not know that Harden started joining in on the Parsons Lin kung-fu pre-game ritual. Must be living under a rock...

iPZBaaYnIAH3g.gif

Team chemistry!

sans_pants

avec_pénis
Cat season ticket holders got a 2nd survey about a name change., choices were:

Flight (I hate this)
Cougars (I hate this more)
Hornets (Yes please), and
Dragons (I strangely like this actually)

they need to bring back hornets with the all the og branding

would buy starter jacket

they need to bring back hornets with the all the og branding

would buy starter jacket

I'm ready to buy some apparel too. Seeing as how I've been unable to buy a customized Bobcats tshirt from the nba store maybe fate has been looking out for me.

edit: good on Rose for taking his time, Rubio came back too early and it took him up until recently to get back to his old form. Wait until the last week of the season, and hope to get matched up with the Knicks for the lulz.

I think it also matters how you tore your ACL.

In Roses case he just did an awkward jump step, which is something he uses all the time so he's gotta be a little more uncomfortable.

Whereas with a guy like RGIII who came back early from injury and then let himself get hit multiple times when he should have been pulled--he'll have a little more confidence in that situation not replicating itself.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
edit: good on Rose for taking his time, Rubio came back too early and it took him up until recently to get back to his old form. Wait until the last week of the season, and hope to get matched up with the Knicks for the lulz.

I wouldn't say he came back early, but it took him a bit to get back into game shape and work back into the grind of an NBA season. That's why he had that minutes limit the first month or so back.

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
In a phone conversation this week, Wolves owner Glen Taylor said there's "absolutely" a chance Kahn's back. Taylor will hear from his minority owners and others in the organization, but ultimately, Kahn's future will be solely his call.

Oh Christ.

I wouldn't say he came back early, but it took him a bit to get back into game shape and work back into the grind of an NBA season. That's why he had that minutes limit the first month or so back.

True, a week isn't near enough time to get back in game shape. If he doesn't come back soon he might as well wait until next year.

LOL. Westbrook needs to tone it down. There have been so many missed opportunities this season because he won't pass.

They don't get Ibaka involved as much they should. He had inside position and Westbrook makes it clear that he's only thinking about his own shot.

No, he couldn't. Amare's footwork was good on that play. He read Rus well and kept him from getting good crossover footing.

That play was 'when bad D meets dumb O'

After he waves off the postup mismatch he did an average crossover and went left Amare jumped towards where YN was trying to go, but YN was one lateral step away from driving past him.

He for some reason stops and goes right, he has him again right before he pulled up.

Amare didn't stop him on that play, YN did.

Vahagn

They don't get Ibaka involved as much they should. He had inside position and Westbrook makes it clear that he's only thinking about his own shot.

Well to be fair, he had slow ass Amare on him. That's a good matchup for Westbrook if pulls it out, the team spreads the floor and he drives it hard instead of that nonsense he pulled.

I dunno, was the shot clock at 1 or 2 when he shot it or something?

Vahagn

I wonder when Westbrook is going to learn that off balance shots are no good.

Hmk

Creating space on a shot is usually better than going straight up and down when you have a taller defender in your face. That being said, that Westbrook shot was a horrible horrible decision. He created practically no space, and didn't use his speed against Amare, or give to Ibaka with his man pinned down, or Durant. All of which were better options than the shot he took.

charsace

That play was 'when bad D meets dumb O'

After he waves off the postup mismatch he did an average crossover and went left Amare jumped towards where YN was trying to go, but YN was one lateral step away from driving past him.

He for some reason stops and goes right, he has him again right before he pulled up.

Amare didn't stop him on that play, YN did.
No. Am are would have rode him to the basket. Am are opened up before rus finished his crossover. Am are is 6'9, not a small guard. You don't let much bigger guys ride you to the basket. You need more than a step when a big dude is looking for you to drive. He had it at the start, but Jr stepped in. After that am are was playing him for the drive.

Have one of the fastest first steps in the league, being guarded by one of the worst perimeter defenders in any leauge.....drive towards him and a help defender at the freethrow line and take an off balanced contested J with the game up for grabs.

Only YN.

No. Am are would have rode him to the basket. Am are opened up before rus finished his crossover. Am are is 6'9, not a small guard. You don't let much bigger guys ride you to the basket. You need more than a step when a big dude is looking for you to drive. He had it at the start, but Jr stepped in. After that am are was playing him for the drive.

Amare can not back pedal at nearly the same speed as Russ can attack the rim. Amare is big but he has no idea what to do with it, that's part of the reason he's such a shit defender.

JR's help only matters if YN pulls up or backs up towards JR, with his speed he could very easily have split them.

YN played great D against himself.

Judging how a guy should have moved offensively based off of a broadcast view is kind of eh. How you handle the ball and react in real life situations is completely different than how it looks on game film. Can a guy close in from the perimeter and strip me? Will I beat him badly enough to get the blocking call if he makes contact? Can I finish well with my left?

It's not as easy as NBA 2k.

Judging how a guy should have moved offensively based off of a broadcast view is kind of eh. How you handle the ball and react in real life situations is completely different than how it looks on game film. Can a guy close in from the perimeter and strip me? Will I beat him badly enough to get the blocking call if he makes contact? Can I finish well with my left?

It's not as easy as NBA 2k.

Driving past Amare is easier in real life than in 2K

It's easy to say he shoulda zigged when he zagged I agree, but YN literally made like 5 bad decisions in one gif's time.

-Didn't give it to Baka for an easy 2 over a much smaller defender
-Didn't drive left on Amare
-Didn't drive right on Amare
- If he was gonna shoot a contested J he should have done it on the left elbow where only Amare was defending him instead of Amare and JR
-When JR came to help he should have given it to KD who has the length and quick enough release to get a much better shot off of a recovering JR.

Yup.

Those aren't even high BBIQ plays, that's pretty basic stuff. YN was just feeling himself.

Vahagn

I can't believe you're comparing Westbrook's off balance shots to MJ's.

Why? You made a blanket statement about all off balance shots. Or at least that's the way it seemed. Sorry if you meant "Westbrook taking off balance shots is no good" and I interpreted it wrong.

But I agree with you, considering he's not great at them, and he has Durant on his team. He should cut down completely on those kind of shots.

Why? You made a blanket statement about all off balance shots. Or at least that's the way it seemed. Sorry if you meant "Westbrook taking off balance shots is no good" and I interpreted it wrong.

But I agree with you, considering he's not great at them, and he has Durant on his team. He should cut down completely on those kind of shots.

The difference is that MJ takes those shots under control. Watch that idiot Westbrook play.

In a basketball discussion today, someone literally said that Monta-Jennings was the best backcourt in the NBA and that Westbrook might be the only guy who could stop the Heat from winning another ring.

How do opinions like this exist in the state where John Stockton played? I was shocked into silence.

Another demonstration of why BEST-GAF is a necessity.

do we like Westbrook's mid range pull ups in transition? i know he makes them at an above average rate and it is pretty impressive the body control he has to be going close to full speed, then stopping on a dime and pulling up. but when he misses, the other team gets the 'bound, and theyre in great position to get a transition bucket on the other end

do we like Westbrook's mid range pull ups in transition? i know he makes them at an above average rate and it is pretty impressive the body control he has to be going close to full speed, then stopping on a dime and pulling up. but when he misses, the other team gets the 'bound, and theyre in great position to get a transition bucket on the other end

Wish he'd give up the ball earlier if he's going to pull up like that...It's not like he can't finish at the rim..

Top Bottom