• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

It feels like OKC really lowballed themselves with Harden. Confused as to why they didn't seem to think they could get that much for a guard who was good at everything offensively and was already legendarily efficient.

Canuck76

Banned
do we like Westbrook's mid range pull ups in transition? i know he makes them at an above average rate and it is pretty impressive the body control he has to be going close to full speed, then stopping on a dime and pulling up. but when he misses, the other team gets the 'bound, and theyre in great position to get a transition bucket on the other end

If someone is in front of him then yeah he should be taking those.

Nic Batum does that in transition with 3's and it drives me crazy. He'll even chuck a 3 when he has a clean dunk

his livelihood and career, his choice.

True, but he's also getting paid $16.8 million by his Employer to sit on his ass; if he was a state worker on workman's comp, people would be calling for him to be jailed for not coming back after being cleared by doctors.

edit: good on Rose for taking his time, Rubio came back too early and it took him up until recently to get back to his old form. Wait until the last week of the season, and hope to get matched up with the Knicks for the lulz.

Part of the rehab process is playing NBA basketball again. Waiting until next year isn't going to allow him to move into the next step of his prescribed rehab.

KingGondo

Banned
It feels like OKC really lowballed themselves with Harden. Confused as to why they didn't seem to think they could get that much for a guard who was good at everything offensively and was already legendarily efficient.
You don't think Presti called tons of teams and accepted the best offer they got?

A lottery pick, Lamb, and a solid vet off the bench wasn't bad. I would have rather had Klay Thompson and a pick, but it's silly to think that Presti just threw up his hands and said "I'll take a mediocre offer!"

For what it's worth, we have a higher winning percentage than we did last year even without Harden. We're still one of the top 3 contenders to chip.

I still get sad that he's not in OKC anymore, but we've handled it pretty well.

You don't think Presti called tons of teams and accepted the best offer they got?

A lottery pick, Lamb, and a solid vet off the bench wasn't bad. I would have rather had Klay Thompson and a pick, but it's silly to think that Presti just threw up his hands and said "I'll take a mediocre offer!"

For what it's worth, we have a higher winning percentage than we did last year even without Harden. We're still one of the top 3 contenders to chip.

I still get sad that he's not in OKC anymore, but we've handled it pretty well.

He shouldn't have given up Harden. Period imo.

Those guys are young, not crazy that they're improving still, but Harden is better than ever too. Shipping him out was a mistake.

Vahagn

I seem to remember a lot of ESPN talking heads like Abbott and Hollinger saying the same exact things about Kevin Martin. Not disagreeing with you or anything, but they were.

True, but he's also getting paid $16.8 million by his Employer to sit on his ass; if he was a state worker on workman's comp, people would be calling for him to be jailed for not coming back after being cleared by doctors.

Part of the rehab process is playing NBA basketball again. Waiting until next year isn't going to allow him to move into the next step of his prescribed rehab.
seriously, youre gunna pull that argument? that poor Bulls franchise thats what, the third most profitable in the league, that made a ton of money off his labor, while penny pinching for luxury tax reasons?

I seem to remember a lot of ESPN talking heads like Abbott and Hollinger saying the same exact things about Kevin Martin. Not disagreeing with you or anything, but they were.

I only remember thorpe ever pushing Martin. And martin was like his biggest benefactor.

Are you serious? Derrick Rose has not been sitting on his fucking ass; he's been rehabbing and trying to get his knee back to full strength. He won't be the player he was until next year.

seriously, youre gunna pull that argument? that poor Bulls franchise thats what, the third most profitable in the league, that made a ton of money off his labor, while penny pinching for luxury tax reasons?

I think he's getting terrible advice from his camp and its frustrating to see two players currently more injured than Rose (Deng & Noah) tough it out while he goes super-diva to rehab "mentally". He's not performing heart surgery, he's playing a game.

It his decision, but it's also his repsonsibility to be upfront with the rest of the organization. If he wasn't coming back this year, the Bulls should have tanked and gone under the cap.

Vahagn

Now Dwight is making comments about SVG?

"Guys guys, look I'm hurt ok? I'm hurt, hurt hurt hurt hurt hurt...Also, Phil and SVG are my buddies"

Honestly the only conclusion I draw from SVG being cool with Dwight is that SVG is an awesome dude. Clearly a very underrated coach, and the ability to get over the fact he was canned and back-stabbed by Dwight. Someone give this man a job!

I think he's getting terrible advice from his camp and its frustrating to see two players currently more injured than Rose (Deng & Noah) tough it out while he goes super-diva to rehab "mentally". He's not performing heart surgery, he's playing a game.

It his decision, but it's also his repsonsibility to be upfront with the rest of the organization. If he wasn't coming back this year, the Bulls should have tanked and gone under the cap.

You're an idiot. Comparing a wrist injury and a foot injury to an ACL injury.

Canuck76

Banned

That is what sort of grinds my gears a bit with this whole thing. Deng and Noah, hell even Boozer are busting their balls nightly to win games. They don't expect him to be "the" derrick rose when he gets back. They just want a shot. They're not looking for promises. But why would you not take a run at it? Are you not telling me can't be back by the playoffs?

Screw winning, coming back alone would be huge.

Lol, just read that Dumars misses Ben Gordon and wants to go after OJ Mayo in the offseason.

Edit: hgh testing in offseason too. Heat Dynasty stalled?

Tom Penny

Interesting.

The Boston Celtics were as close to trading Paul Pierce had they ever been last February with a three-team trade that would have seen him dealt to the Dallas Mavericks, according to sources.

The Celtics would have acquired Josh Smith.

The Mavericks would have sent Brandan Wright, Jae Crowder and Dahntay Jones to the Hawks, while also swapping first roudners in the 2013 NBA Draft.

The Hawks also sought a first round pick fro the Celtics.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant
it was, i shouldn't have rushed through it :( also should have done the optional caves.

oh well, two days from red box was all i needed, multiplayer was zzzzz
Still the best reboot in years. It flows better than any big title I've played this year and the atmosphere is fantastic.

Gonna try the multiplayer this weekend - if it sucks, I'll always have mass effect

thekad

Banned
Rose sounds silly, but it seems like he's right on schedule, so what's the issue? He'll have 15-20 games to get back in decent game shape.

Srsly

Banned
It's really going to suck when the NBA starts testing for HGH. I'd much rather see players be able to play at a high level for as long as possible

Ziek

They don't get Ibaka involved as much they should. He had inside position and Westbrook makes it clear that he's only thinking about his own shot.

Yep it's too often a two man show on the court with Westbrook and Durant. They're still young; they have plenty of room to improve.

Vahagn

So, this should make you guys all pretty happy...

I'm hitting that time where I have to do intensive prep for the GMAT, and along with running my business probably won't have much time to post here, if at all.

Trying to get into Stanford or Berkeley for Grad School so gotta shoot for above 750 on it.

Anyway, best of luck with everything till I come back!

I'm hitting that time where I have to do intensive prep for the GMAT, and along with running my business probably won't have much time to post here, if at all.

Trying to get into Stanford or Berkeley for Grad School so gotta shoot for above 750 on it.

Moris shall miss ya.

Good luck, Vahagn! Never forget your training here.

ibdb7yT6EgwuFW.gif

amazing

I like how KD is like "C'mon man" before it even starts

h3ro

jWpbWzw.jpg

Emwitus

So when we end up winning it all....you still won't post? lol Hope you get into uni tho! All the best.

ead.
do well, I don't want my taxes paying for you to be on welfare cause you're lazy

unless you're some sort of superhero you're probably not getting into a grad program at those places

i mean maybe you do have the credentials but a 750 is basically a perfect score

Top Bottom