• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

I really like Parsons. I hope Morey doesn't view him as some asset to flip in pursuit of the next star. He's the kind of guy a good team needs.

I don't think Houston does any more trades, they have the lowest payroll in the league they will probably go through free agency to fill out the team.

Meh, the Jazz missing the playoffs will inspire the team to make moves and the Lakers still suck and will get smashed in the playoffs.

I guess it's not that big of a deal even though the losses recently have hurt and more Kobe and less Millsap/G-TYME/Favors is always annoying.

Emwitus

So the story you're going to tell your grandkids about Kobe is the legendary game where the .500 Lakers beat the 24-38 Toronto Raptors. That's the Kobe legacy you want to leave in their minds.

Just like lebron james legendary first game winner with miami against orlando man. Stuff of legend.

Meh, the Jazz missing the playoffs will inspire the team to make moves and the Lakers still suck and will get smashed in the playoffs.

I guess it's not that big of a deal even though the losses recently have hurt and more Kobe and less Millsap/G-TYME/Favors is always annoying.

Yep. Jazz sure have a history of inproving their team more than the Lakers do theirs. Lol. Perhaps one day you will once again make the finals and lose. Keep that hope alive.

Dwight had a damn good night, but he is not the Dwight of Orlando, and never has been this season. Fucking period.

he had an all start performance which is what the poster was disputing.

of course he's not Orlando Dwight, and he won't be for a while. Even after recovering fully from his back and shoulder problems (hopefully he recovers), the guy still needs to get into a mental state that convinces him even though he's not no.1 or the leader on the team, he needs to give it his all. His conviction would also be greater if he was signed and locked in with the team. But that doubtful too since you can bet he expected to coast to playoffs before the season started.

Metta, meeks, and jamison were horrible.

indeed, i cringed so many times at their missed shots.

Babalu.

BE5TiBuCMAIrzyG.jpg

"his game is just gay"
-g. hill

grant-hill.jpg

Yep. Jazz sure have a history of inproving their team more than the Lakers do theirs. Lol. Perhaps one day you will once again make the finals and lose. Keep that hope alive.

Captain, I think worshiping a rapist on a .500 team has kind of ruined your vision and or reading comprehension because your post has nothing to do with what I said.

Captain, I think worshiping a rapist on a .500 team has kind of ruined your vision and or reading comprehension because your post has nothing to do with what I said.

Not making the playoffs will 'inspire' the Jazz in the off season and Lakers will lose in the frst round. If that is the bright spot you're trying to hold on to then lol. Fact is the Jazz are once again displaying just how far they are from ever hoping to compete for a championship.

Ad lets not get into the whole 'worshipping a rapist' argument. Probably not something either of us want to get into.

squicken

I don't think Houston does any more trades, they have the lowest payroll in the league they will probably go through free agency to fill out the team.

I've just heard radio folks say Parsons is a good chip to move towards a star to pair with Harden, since he's got such a good contract. I'm just saying that he should be untouchable. Not that he's a star, but he's the kind of guy that can be useful w/o the ball that good teams need. I don't dislike Lin, but I'd sure like a better defender there.

Branduil

as it gets passed down through generations it'll eventually be the 54-8 raptors

"There Kobe was, hounded at the top of the key by the Raptors' elite perimeter defense, when he saw The Mountain, Aaron "Too Tall" Gray, thundering towards him like a raging bull, his massive seven-foot wingspan soaring in to trap the Mamba like a snake in a thing that traps snakes. But the giant had underestimated Kobe's speed, and with an explosion of pure nitro Kobe Bean Bryant swept around the bulky big man. One giant paw from the colossus came swinging down towards him, narrowly missing the skull that protected Kobe's superior brain and crashing into the floorboards, sending huge splinters into the crowd. The basket was now in sight, but not one, not two, but three Toronto Raptors stood between him and the hoop, forming the impenetrable wall that had given rise to their nickname, "The Aegean Shield." Realizing it was the only option left, Kobe charged up his well-muscled legs and with a great leap soared above the bodies of his enemies. His triumph assured, the Old Snake slammed the leather ball viciously through the frail hoop, shattering the backboard and knocking the three Toronto defenders to the ground like bowling pins. One was nearly decapitated, and was only saved by insta-heal bandages, which had just been invented by my dad."

"There Kobe was, hounded at the top of the key by the Raptors' elite perimeter defense, when he saw The Mountain, Aaron "Too Tall" Gray, thundering towards him like a raging bull, his massive seven-foot wingspan soaring in to trap the Mamba like a snake in a thing that traps snakes. But the giant had underestimated Kobe's speed, and with an explosion of pure nitro Kobe Bean Bryant swept around the bulky big man. One giant paw from the colossus came swinging down towards him, narrowly missing the skull that protected Kobe's superior brain and crashing into the floorboards, sending huge splinters into the crowd. The basket was now in sight, but not one, not two, but three Toronto Raptors stood between him and the hoop, forming the impenetrable wall that had given rise to their nickname, "The Aegean Shield." Realizing it was the only option left, Kobe charged up his well-muscled legs and with a great leap soared above the bodies of his enemies. His triumph assured, the Old Snake slammed the leather ball viciously through the frail hoop, shattering the backboard and knocking the three Toronto defenders to the ground like bowling pins. One was nearly decapitated, and was only saved by insta-heal bandages, which had just been invented by my dad."

Thats the version I will be passing down.

DY_nasty

NeoGAF's official "was this shooting justified" consultant

;_;

tumblr_mc3p1mAcCa1rjpxgso1_500.gif

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
"ESPN ‏@espn

"This is a reminder that the @HoustonRockets are the youngest team in the NBA. To call their future bright is quite an understatement."

Is this "real life"? Espn actually said something positive about a Houston sports team.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
So are we still debating if Kobe is the best clutch player in the league?
Or is Al Jefferson still better?

My gosh he has played insane this week. Wow.

Holy crap D.Will went off!!! Guess that juice fast worked.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
death_by_shock.gif

something i caught during the Lakers game that might go underrated amidst everything else...Kobe finally has a team-mate in Nash that can afford him to act as a decoy in clutch moments. that part was just brilliant.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Just saw Aaron Gray's defensive moment. That's the kinda crap you should get fired for. Just simply cut him right now.

Clean out your locker, we will still pay you, it's not us it's you.

something i caught during the Lakers game that might go underrated amidst everything else...Kobe finally has a team-mate in Nash that can afford him to act as a decoy in clutch moments. that part was just brilliant.

Nash said his 3 was a play designed by MDA in OT to use Kobe as a decoy.

At least he adjusts on offense. Defense, however...

Just saw Aaron Gray's defensive moment. That's the kinda crap you should get fired for. Just simply cut him right now.

Clean out your locker, we will still pay you, it's not us it's you.

I actually mouthed "aaron gray is coming to double!?" as it happened. What a horrible decision that was. Kobe knew from the get go Gray was about to give him a good screen, lol.

Not sure what made him think that was the right play.

You're not sure if Kobe Bryant has ever been the best player in the NBA? And then you're asking if I've ever watched basketball?

No, I'm pretty confident that Kobe has never been the best player in the league. One of the best, but never conclusively the best. I don't know how people could be appalled by that when we've had Tim Duncan, KG, and Dirk for the last decade.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I can't tell from the gif but who are the two lazy asses under the hoop that make almost zero effort to cut Kobe off? Is that Gay guarding Howard? No attempt to hedge at all.
Just a sad play.

The last plays of both of these last two Lakers games were so bad defensively that it seems that Stern paused the game and turned the defensive awareness down to zero.

Freakin achievement whore!

* win a game after being down by 10 points going into the 4th quarter *

Watching highlights now and Aaron Gray looks like he can barely move out there. He has to be the one of the worst conditioned players in the league. Big love handles and flabby arms.

"Aaron Gray has relief society arms"

Joke for our Utah gafers.

I can't tell from the gif but who are the two lazy asses under the hoop that make almost zero effort to cut Kobe off? Is that Gay guarding Howard? No attempt to hedge at all.
Just a sad play.

The last plays of both of these last two Lakers games were so bad defensively that it seems that Stern paused the game and turned the defensive awareness down to zero.

Freakin achievement whore!

* win a game after being down by 10 points going into the 4th quarter *

NBATV pointed this out but Howard actually holds Gay's down by his jersey and arm on the play to prevent him from challenging the shot. Scott said it's an old trick players do at the end of games since the ref isn't watching them.

http://youtu.be/U8NZTL91-4M?t=21s

lol, dwight so sneaky.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Oh dang! Couldnt see that at all from the replays I was looking at.

And on closer look Derozan does get up there and Lowry gives a quick reach but both of those guys were guarding shooters they couldn't leave.
Mamba should send Gray a thank you note though when they get into the playoffs. Gray earned it.

No, I'm pretty confident that Kobe has never been the best player in the league. One of the best, but never conclusively the best. I don't know how people could be appalled by that when we've had Tim Duncan, KG, and Dirk for the last decade.

You're the first person I've seen put Dirk on Kobe's level. KG is debatable, Duncan was flat out better earlier years. But there were without a doubt seasons that Kobe was the best.

Nori Chan

i need salty brandy in me. (Pause)hook it to my veins

You're the first person I've seen put Dirk on Kobe's level. KG is debatable, Duncan was flat out better earlier years. But there were without a doubt seasons that Kobe was the best.

Yea.

Duncan and Kobe are head and shoulders above their generation. Get Dirk the hell away from TD.

Top Bottom