• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

effzee

West swings his elbows a lot. I wonder how much patience Battier has with get smacked up like that.

Lebron finally just drove to the rim with some authority.

West swings his elbows a lot. I wonder how much patience Battier has with get smacked up like that.

Lebron finally just drove to the rim with some authority.

hopefully testy Battier returns. I can't remember but there was one game earlier in the year where he was getting super chippy with someone, but I can't remember who

I think it might have been Garnett but that seems too obvious

Just be glad you're not listening to Rick Barry.

Whenever I do have to listen to rick barry I just want to tell him to chill out and that it's not the 70s anymore

He said something like "Miami should run a triple staggered screen for LeBron every play they'd be unstoppable!!!" no not really

Tom Penny

I hope West never wins shit. Dumb fuck picked the Pacers instead of a starting lineup or Rondo, KG, Pierce, and Ray. On top of that I have to watch Brandon Bass play basketball.

I hope West never wins shit. Dumb fucked picked the Pacers instead of a starting lineup or Rondo, KG, Pierce, and Ray. On top of that I have to watch Brandon Bass play basketball.

Did you have the funds to offer 2 years 20 million?

Cause I would go to Indiana too if I was getting paid

Stu Lantz (Lakers guy) always struck me as a pretty neutral guy, teaming with Chick probably helped. I try to filter out Billy Mac, he treats every basket like it won the game.

It was funny when he substitute-announced for Kobe's 62 and 81 games.

Joel Meyers is still salty as fuck about that shit, especially the 81 game.

Forceatowulf

G***n S**n*bi
Eighth seed?
Largest winning percentage all year?
Beating a team without having Kobe killing himself in the fourth?
MOTHERFUCKING EIGHTH SEED?!

i3hhww4AnqAQS.gif

Ramblin

Banned
Outside of Eric Reid's nasal voice and their orgasms over fast break plays, they're a great set of guys and they aren't the typical homers you hear throughout the rest of the league.

I'm actually in the mode that if we don't win, don't care, if we lose, it means a lot. Like the last two years lol

I think you might be a little too close to the heat to give a valid opinion on their, or should I say, your commentary crew.

Ramblin

Banned
Care to answer my question?

Also if you never post here maybe you shouldn't make suggestions about what people think

I was probably watching basketball before you were born. I don't post here usually because there's no point, I'd rather pay attention to the game....I'm sorry your comment stuck out to me as the silliest, so I had to say something I'm done now....well I will be when halftime is over.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Raptors running and coming back. Speaking of announcers, I'm listening to the Cavs guys right now and they're not terrible so far.

I swear, if it weren't for Advanced Stat Cleveland would be up by 40.

I just read an article on ESPN about the worst contracts in the NBA.

Is it common knowledge that the Raptors offered that contract to Landry as an attempt to trick the Knicks into matching it and then taking themselves out of the race for Nash?

I had never read this before. That that is both funny and sad.

I actually thought it was that Phoenix wanted Fields from NY in a sign & trade for Nash, so the Raptors made a huge offer so that Phoenix wouldn't be willing to match and take that on. That way the Knicks wouldn't be able to get Nash & they figured he'd have to come to Toronto. They looked at Fields' deal as part of the opportunity cost for getting Nash. Oops.

exarkun

Golden State's announcers are verrry even-keeled. Not big homers, like call it pretty even.

Its either Utah or New Orleans that had the uber-homer, but I can't remember.

All these games on now are borrring.

I was probably watching basketball before you were born. I don't post here usually because there's no point, I'd rather pay attention to the game....I'm sorry your comment stuck out to me as the silliest, so I had to say something I'm done now....well I will be when halftime is over.

If you're that old you should be watching your grandkids instead of posting on GAF

since I'm a nice guy and I'm cool with anyone wanting to post here I won't give you the new guy treatment but damn, if that is considered silly to you then you'll probably want to do what you did before today and stay out

I don't think people are too big on Austin Carr, but I think he's awesome.

Austin Carr is usually okay except for that one time I heard him complaining about superstar calls in the LeBron era

He would have started and KG would have played center. No doubt about it. That would have been such a skilled lineup and really good defensively. Barring injury I think ECF against the Heat every year.

the east is so bad that you'll get to the east finals or semi finals anyways

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I actually thought it was that Phoenix wanted Fields from NY in a sign & trade for Nash, so the Raptors made a huge offer so that Phoenix wouldn't be willing to match and take that on. That way the Knicks wouldn't be able to get Nash & they figured he'd have to come to Toronto. They looked at Fields' deal as part of the opportunity cost for getting Nash. Oops.

No by giving Fields an offer the Raptors made it so the Knicks couldn't use him in any deal. If they matched the deal they were not allowed to trade him and if they didnt match they could trade him cause they didnt own his rights.
Knicks might have wound up with Nash if they would have not waited until the end of the season to sign Fields.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
fuck you Bulls... you're dead to me.

linsivvi

Golden State's announcers are verrry even-keeled. Not big homers, like call it pretty even.

The Utah crew would preempt every play with a bad call complaint without even looking at the replay, and often times they are wrong.

There's still time for fuckball to make a comeback in this , but the Pacers kind of look like they were enjoying their bi-annual trip to South Beach last night

Magic/Sixers son.

See who will tank harder or if Doug will shank someone at midcourt

my list of dirt worst homer announcers

1. Utah
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Denver
5. San Antonio

Honorable mentions: Milwaukee, Phoenix, Chicago

I'm not familiar enough with Utah or Denver but I can't believe I forgot about Sean Elliot

He and Tommy are tied for the most classless

I could've sworn that Tommy once told Violet Palmer to get back in the kitchen

Rodeo Clown

All aboard! The Love train!
my list of dirt worst homer announcers

1. Utah
2. Boston
3. Cleveland
4. Denver
5. San Antonio

Honorable mentions: Milwaukee, Phoenix, Chicago

I kinda like Stacy King. But your list is pretty good. I'd move San Antonio up because Elliot is unbearable.

Top Bottom