• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

Umm, of course? it's like just about every coaches rotation? He'll get back in at around the 8 - 6 minutes to go mark, and play a total of ~36 minutes.

Sort of spot on what he should be playing?

Casey usually benches Valanciunas for the entire 4th quarter regardless of how well he's played or how many minutes he has played for the first three quarters. He's scared of rookies playing in crunch time even though the Raptors have been pretty bad in crunch time in general.

Not tonight though.

giri

Did you see the Lakers/Raptors game, or any Raptors games recently? Valanciunas will completely disappear from the rotation for entire quarters. He was putting up a good fight against Howard and the Lakers and didn't make any appearances in the 4th, or OT. Resting is one thing. Not playing for a quarter and a half is Casey's thing.

I guess we just need to have half our roster injured to ensure that V actually gets minutes!

Right, but thats not what your complaint that i replied to, was.

Umm, of course? it's like just about every coaches rotation? He'll get back in at around the 8 - 6 minutes to go mark, and play a total of ~36 minutes.

Sort of spot on what he should be playing?

That's what normal coaches do. Casey just plays guys 10 minutes in the 1st and then forgets they're on his team.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Right, but thats not what your complaint that i replied to, was.

You're saying Casey is going to do what normal coaches do in the 4th. I'm saying this is Dwane Casey and nothing is a given. Not starting in the 4th with Casey just means you might be entirely forgotten for the rest of the quarter, not some sort of spot rest.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Casey usually benches Valanciunas for the entire 4th quarter regardless of how well he's played or how many minutes he has played for the first three quarters. He's scared of rookies playing in crunch time even though the Raptors have been pretty bad in crunch time in general.

Not tonight though.

V's time was short in the 4th, to say the least, but at least he broke 30 minutes tonight. When he stops getting those stupid fouls, he'll be pretty good. Amir suffers from the same issue.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Thank god Lowry made it. Dribble, dribble, dribble, spin, shoot. If he would have missed, I was have ripped into him for not moving the ball around at all.

Cloudy

Banned
I just don't see how Bron can be ahead of KD in MVP voting on this team. Neither guy is carrying their squad by Miami isn't fair lol

Say what you want about the Raptors and their quality of play but got damn if their fans don't turn out in huge numbers, regardless.

Sunday vs. the Cavaliers in places like say, Detroit would be a got damn ghost town in the stands.

Flash

Thank god Lowry made it. Dribble, dribble, dribble, spin, shoot. If he would have missed, I was have ripped into him for not moving the ball around at all.

if anything, Lowry should be aggressive and look for his shot more often.

Casey making him play like Calderon 2.0 is a god damn shame.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
if anything, Lowry should be aggressive and look for his shot more often.

Casey making him play like Calderon 2.0 is a god damn shame.

Maybe, but fifteen dribbles a spin move and fadeaway from that distance is not exactly a high quality shot for him. Running a play in that situation might not be terrible. Maybe we wouldn't lead the league in blown 4th quarter leads if we had any plays to run.

Say what you want about the Raptors and their quality of play but got damn if their fans don't turn out in huge numbers, regardless.

Sunday vs. the Cavaliers in places like say, Detroit would be a got damn ghost town in the stands.

Toronto is a pretty good sports town. The only franchise the fans have turned on a bit has been the Jays, but attendance will probably pick up this year (at least to 2007/2008 levels) with the big trade and signings. It doesn't help that the Jays play in one of the worst stadiums in MLB too.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I sort of wish we could have had Westbrook on the Raptors, just so I could see his melt downs from being on a 30 win team.

Top Bottom