• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
No mention of bingo ball?

On the other hand the Raptors announcers almost sound like they are rooting for the opposing team.

I've always enjoyed Jack Armstrong. He holds back on ripping the team a bit on air, but you can hear it in his voice when Casey is making stupid rotation decisions and players are fucking up. When he goes on the Fan 590, he rips into them a lot more.

linsivvi

I've always enjoyed Jack Armstrong. He holds back on ripping the team a bit on air, but you can hear it in his voice when Casey is making stupid rotation decisions and players are fucking up. When he goes on the Fan 590, he rips into them a lot more.

Yeah I remember he was trying hard not to be too harsh on Casey during the Lakers game. It must be frustrating.

Zep

Banned
Not in order but the best would be:

Minnesota
Toronto
Golden State
New York
Philly

L.A., Houston are pretty good as well...Though Houston's tend to whine a little bit.

All of them have seem very unbiased regardless of the team.

On the other hand the Raptors announcers almost sound like they are rooting for the opposing team.

No bro.

Lawler is great. Old dude that knows not to get too high or low.

Mike Smith is a front-running cowardly POS.

The way he used to call games now compared to pre-CP3 is mindblowing.

Ralph has remained the same.

Props to him.

Tom Penny

the east is so bad that you'll get to the east finals or semi finals anyways

Scoring will be an issue. They have an elite D. The point is West would have put them in legitimate contention for the finals each year..now not so much. He's such a massive upgrade over Bass it isn't even funny.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I love that Valanciunas is a good free throw shooter. It's going to matter a ton in the coming years when get actually starts getting calls.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Irving again? Dang kid just keeps getting hurt.

And this one was just an awkward collision I'm sure would hurt most people. But still.....

Announcer conversation input:
The only answer I find annoying is one of the guys that do the Knick games. He sounds like the lead of the rap group Digital Underground and it just messes with me. I keep waiting for him to say that someone is going into "The Danger Zone".

linsivvi

No bro.

Lawler is great. Old dude that knows not to get too high or low.

Mike Smith is a front-running cowardly POS.

The way he used to call games now compared to pre-CP3 is mindblowing.

Ralph has remained the same.

Props to him.

Yeah I didn't actually mean Lawler is bad, but Mike Smith is so terrible that it drags the duo down.

exarkun

This reaaaalllly is sad. I've watched maybe 6-7 of their games this year, and sometimes they actively are saying "what a great play!" about the center that just shat on bargs. Or, when the other team does a athletic play you get loud "wows" from the crew.

Its always the teams that have been browbeaten for years that have the neutral/cheering for the other team announcers.

Irving again? Dang kid just keeps getting hurt.

And this one was just an awkward collision I'm sure would hurt most people. But still.....

Announcer conversation input:
The only answer I find annoying is one of the guys that do the Knick games. He sounds like the lead of the rap group Digital Underground and it just messes with me. I keep waiting for him to say that someone is going into "The Danger Zone".

Shut up.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I'd really like to see what James Jones, Mike Miller and Rashard Lewis can do... The big 3 deserve some rest ahead of the Hawks game.

pilonv1

If I was making a list of worst announcers, not worst homers, they would be up there. I don't consider them the worst homers. Mike Smith isn't too bad most of the time. The ones I listed have colour guys who are just continually complaining about calls.

Dallas would be up there too just for that Skin idiot who adds nothing.

I love the Raptors announcers. They're one of my favourite crews outside JB+Fitz. Actually my top three would be Warriors, Kings, Raptors.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oh look. Valanciunas on the bench to start the 4th. I guess we're going to see another highly strategic Casey rotation this quarter.

edit: Good thing the Cavs suck though.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Shard has been in and out the rotation. Miller has been hurt I think.

James Jones isn't gonna get any burn man lol.

Mike Miller isn't injured and having such a good player stuck on the bench is a shame. I know he has competition ahead of him, but there's no reason he can't get a few minutes when you're up by 23. Yeah, James Jones has no chance to play.

giri

Oh look. Valanciunas on the bench to start the 4th. I guess we're going to see another highly strategic Casey rotation this quarter.

edit: Good thing the Cavs suck though.

Umm, of course? it's like just about every coaches rotation? He'll get back in at around the 8 - 6 minutes to go mark, and play a total of ~36 minutes.

Sort of spot on what he should be playing?

If you think Kobe would actually allow the Lakers to lose to the Clippers in a playoff series then you really don't know Kobe. He'd murder someone before he allowed that. He'd beat the shit out of every one of his teammates if it meant not losing to the freaking Clippers. Sorry there is no way in this world that the Clippers would win that series.

You sound like a Yankees fan circa 2004.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Umm, of course? it's like just about every coaches rotation? He'll get back in at around the 8 - 6 minutes to go mark, and play a total of ~36 minutes.

Sort of spot on what he should be playing?

Did you see the Lakers/Raptors game, or any Raptors games recently? Valanciunas will completely disappear from the rotation for entire quarters. He was putting up a good fight against Howard and the Lakers and didn't make any appearances in the 4th, or OT. Resting is one thing. Not playing for a quarter and a half is Casey's thing.

Jonas Valanciunas in the game in the 4th!

I guess we just need to have half our roster injured to ensure that V actually gets minutes!

Top Bottom