• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2013 Mar NBA Season lOT| Change This Face, Be Happy, Enjoy it!

i decided im going to be a bandwagon for the knicks until their first round exit. If they make it past then fuck them im cheering for the bucks.
mcnabb_wft.gif

i mean knicks vs heat.

lol i was kidding. Bucks are fucked first round anyways if they play the Heat

Dwight WAS a beast tonight. If he wasn't fouled so many times, he could have put up some big numbers. Instead he was fouled, and when everyone ridiculed him for his free throw shooting abilities, he proved them wrong.

Yeah I don't think 'beast' is the right word there. Hopefully it was good practice for in-game free throws. lol

He has been playing well and his back is looking healthier. Finally looking like the Dwight most of us were hoping for...?

Dwight WAS a beast tonight. If he wasn't fouled so many times, he could have put up some big numbers. Instead he was fouled, and when everyone ridiculed him for his free throw shooting abilities, he proved them wrong.

Laker fans talkin that shit cause of a win over a bottom three lottery team. pop bottles.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
I mean Phil would coach just fine but I bet he would use less of the triangle with that okc team. I just don't see how a ball dominant pg an inept offensive c work in the triangle. Okc seems best for any offense that relies on constant screening and motion.

Cartwright could always pass. They never stopped.

That said okc should be a better defensive team and that's their weakness. I mean there is no excuse for their starters to not be top 5 defensively given their athleticism and length. Phil would fix that.

Collision is a pnr player not a triangle player.

Collision, while not worth his contract is a great passer.. The Bulls were a scoring SG and SF team on O. Nick would be awesome in the triangle. The Center of the Bulls' era was never that important to the triangle. Phil tweaked the triangle to suit his players but he ran the triangle always...

Coach Nick can fuck himself. Westbrook was one of our only players who put forth effort on both ends. Even KD was passive as hell.

Russ wasn't the reason we lost. Brooks deserves most of the blame.

outside that third quarter, he was actin a damn fool.
you know that boi's out of control and you know nobody in that organization will reign his ass in. coach nick is right.

jjasper

We really need to put Tony Allen in to guard Lillard but no we have Bayless in doing pretty much nothing.

Edit: He is in thank god.

Edit2: Prince making winning plays.

Vahagn

Remember before Rubio played in Minny how people thought he would be a bust and couldn't possibly deal with the leagues athleticism lol.

Remember before Rubio played in Minny how people thought he would be a bust and couldn't possibly deal with the leagues athleticism lol.

all I remember is hunter telling us that rubio didn't want to be in minnesota and that he was holding out so he could be a knick

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
all I remember is hunter telling us that rubio didn't want to be in minnesota and that he was holding out so he could be a knick

Let's not forget that Derrick Rose would be a bust and that Jerryd Bayless was an all-star.

reilo

Lakers April schedule is brutal:

DAL, MEM, @LAC, @POR, GSW, SAS, HOU

Yeah, if they don't have distance between themselves and say Utar by the end of this month, the playoffs look bleak.

I'm still not convinced they make the playoffs.

Tomorrow night in Atlanta will tell me a lot.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Like he made kwame work?

Probably he would wince collison can play but not in the triangle. I think people forget how often he was willing to deviate from it.

Come on. Collison is quite a bit smarter than Kwame. :)
I don't see why Phil would use the triangle with Westbrook though. Not saying it wouldn't work, of course it would. I don't see anyone on that team having issues succeeding in the triangle, just that it wouldn't utilize YNB much. KD would feast on it though.

Vahagn

I figure they lose 4 games this month (already lost one to OKC) and 3 in April. If LA can't go 4-3 in April it shouldn't be in the playoffs. If they can't beat Dallas, GS, and Houston at home they shouldn't be there. I figure Pop rests half his team that day unless playoff seeding is in doubt. Portland game should be a W too even with the Rose Garden issues. Blazers won't have anything to play for there. Lose only 6 more games from here on out and LA is in but it won't be easy.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player

I think even when Alzheimers kicks in I'll still remember that.

Vahagn

I think even when Alzheimers kicks in I'll still remember that.

I think 5 games into his rookie season people were already calling him one of the 5 best passers of the past 20 years or something. It was so clear to me watching that guy play against the US that he would be incredible. Not so much the 08 Olympics but definitely the 2010 world championships.

And the best part is, he's defensively way better than anyone thought he could ever become. Just a stud. Once he learns to shoot the mid range shot with any consistency he'll be a nightly double double and a bi-monthly triple double threat

Lebron shot 42% his rookie year.

Davis may be the best 19 year old ever in the NBA, but there were college players at 19 that were better than him.

Have you watched Anthony Davis play more than 10 games this season?

Yes, he's been up-and-down, but so is every young rookie ever and his highs have been pretty ridiculous.

I forgot that LeBron was still 19 for a few months in his second year so it's LeBron, but other than Lebron, I'm not sure.

giri

Marc Gasol is good but why is he such a mediocre rebounder?

Come again?

Marcs a solid rebounder at worst.

Averages 8 rpg over his career

7.9rpg this year

When z-bo was out he averaged 8.9

mediocre?

He plays along side one of the best rebounders in the game in Z-bo who is going to consume a lot of them. And Marc also defends the lane extremely well in PnR's and is usually on the big that will be involved in them, so he's regularly out of position whilst defending the lane.

And he still averages 8rpg.

And he's mediocre?

Has Anthony Davis been the best under-20 years old basketball player ever?

He has his moments, and i'd have to look at a list, but there's a lot of potential in him, but he's really really far from polished. Still, the pelicans got that pick right.

Lebron shot 42% his rookie year.

Davis may be the best 19 year old ever in the NBA, but there were college players at 19 that were better than him.

I'm talking overall impact on a team.

LeBron, love or hate him, hit the league and far surpassed expectations.

Are you guys talking about shooting % as the sole qualifier here?

reilo

There's this guy named LeBron James you may have heard of.

Dwight also had a better rookie year. Not to mention that Davis just turned 20 yesterday. Or that Magic was only 7 months older when he got to the NBA. It's a dumb qualifier.

Vahagn

Yes, he's been up-and-down, but so is every young rookie ever and his highs have been pretty ridiculous.

I forgot that LeBron was still 19 for a few months in his second year so it's LeBron, but other than Lebron, I'm not sure.

He's been really up and down. Struggles to stay on the court. His highs are definitely awesome for his age, there's a ton of potential there. But I think it's Lebron by a mile. Plus, I'm pretty sure KG in his rookie/second season was no slouch either. Then there's Wilt who came straight out of high school too right? Not sure he was 19 but probably was.

Edit: Kobe's entire second season was as a 19 year old. Despite playing behind an All Star in Eddie Jones, I don't think you can say Davis today is more skilled than Kobe at 19 either. Davis just plays on a crap team where Kobe was with 3 other all stars. So I don't think it's Davis at all.

Top Bottom